300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Candidate Question

Looking on usajobs.gov, I see that there are quite a few more positions open to status candidates than to the public. Let's say I take a federal job in an analyst or clerical position, and work there for a year, would that then allow me to apply for jobs listed open only to status candidates?

Here in Kansas City, the IRS hires temps for the tax season annually, but I'm assuming those people are not status candidates?
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
    Looking on usajobs.gov, I see that there are quite a few more positions open to status candidates than to the public. Let's say I take a federal job in an analyst or clerical position, and work there for a year, would that then allow me to apply for jobs listed open only to status candidates?

Here in Kansas City, the IRS hires temps for the tax season annually, but I'm assuming those people are not status candidates?
    You have to read the announcment on Status closely. Sometimes it means anyone already employed by the Gov't with no time requirement. Others may be open to Agency only employees and Vets.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Let's say I take a federal job in an analyst or clerical position, and work there for a year, would that then allow me to apply for jobs listed open only to status candidates?
      Entirely depends on the position. Some jobs have a time requirement....such as....you get hired on as a GS-05 and are looking at a GS-06 position. You may have to do a year as a 5 before you can get hired as a 6 or you may not. Just depends on how they write the annoucement.....

But...if you get a job that's paybanded, there are no time requirements.....you can hope from one job to another (supposedly).....

And yes, it's confusing as hell.

Just have to read the annoucement completely....and go from there...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10468 users online. 443 members and 10025 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X