300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC question...

I'm a 20 year veteran of a GA sheriff's office. I've worked in various divisions including the streets, courts & the jail. I have my bachelors degree (B.S. Ed) and will finish my MPA (Justice Administration) in May. I'm a supervisor & senior instructor. I was also a military officer.

With this 'thumbnail' resume, what are the odds of getting an instructor (or similar) position at FLETC after I retire in a couple years? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks, and you guys be safe out there...

Other Options

I would not just focus on FLETC but look at other Federal Agencies around the area.

Comment

I think your chances are good. I was down for CITP back in August and a good number of the instructors had never been feds and a lot had a state/local background. Great place to work, good luck.

Comment

Echoing what has already been said. There are a ton of ex-state/local LEOs on staff at FLETC. I'm sure some were high-level managers at their agencies but some were definitely not.

Great job and nice area to live in.
        Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

i'd say your chances are very good. i'm at fletc now and almost half of my instructors were not FLEOs. some firearms, ORT, explosives instructors were retired military, state troopers, local LEOs. all of them always say they are blessed to be working at FLETC and how cool of a job it is. good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9652 users online. 444 members and 9208 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X