300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevilDog24 View Post
    I know I would do as much research myself and not rely soley on forums.
    Holy crap! That's one of the smartest things I have heard a Jarhead say in years....

And you are exactly on point.....especially for folks that are going to moving 100s of miles, picking up family, making kids change school districts, etc.....

Looking at the propaganda on an agencies web site (especially the cool vids some of them have now), watching COPS (or any other LE related show) for hours on end as you talk to your buddies about how kewl it would be to work for XYZ agency when you (or them) have no clue about their mission, and checking out a few LE related message boards isn't the brightest thing to do cases like this.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      Holy crap! That's one of the smartest things I have heard a Jarhead say in years....
      You must have been in one of those "other" branches. I'm guessing the Navy? We all know how they love the Marine Corps

Seriously though, I am one of those guys that will have to sell the house, pack up the wife and kids, and move away from friends and family members to a place where we don't know a single person. I'm not the type to make a drastic move like that just so I can impress my friends with a title only to realize after a year or so that the job is not what I thought it was and it was all a mistake. With that being said, I know you young and single guys are saying " I don't have to worry about all that stuff", but if you do your due diligence now, you will be better off in the long run.
      You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!!

Comment

I'm guessing the Navy?

Try again....USA....

Comment

No action on this thread....where did everyone go?......Here's a question, what are some of the disqualifiers for the medical portion, besides the obvious vision and hearing?
          You can pay for school, but you can't buy class!!

Comment

No action on this thread....where did everyone go?......Here's a question, what are some of the disqualifiers for the medical portion, besides the obvious vision and hearing?
            There is not much action on this thread because there is another whole thread dedicated to the Uniform Division.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6054 users online. 207 members and 5847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X