300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpol/ICC Intel

This thread is also in the International LE section. I'm looking to pursue an intelligence position, hopefully financial intel, with Interpol or International Criminal Court.

1) Does anyone have any experiences with either of them, or know the type of work that their analysts do?

2) Outside of the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (MLAT) countries, how good/bad is information sharing internationally?

3) Inside the MLAT arena, how easy is it to get documents?

I don't mind living overseas, I've done that before; I just don't want to be bored to death with the work. Any thoughts, ideas or comments would be welcome.

Originally posted by shawnb66 View Post

1) Does anyone have any experiences with either of them, or know the type of work that their analysts do?
    The US Dept. of Justice hires Interpol analysts. They are based out of DC in NW DC....not sure what they do BUT they are non-LEO positions and are GS 9-13 positions......

Starting at a 9, one usually has to have some sort of background already....aka it's not an entry level position.....

It's a GS Series 0301....

Keep checking USAJOBs for annoucements.....I see them there about every 3-4 months or so....

Are there other Interpol jobs out there with other agencies....? I would suspect so but I have no idea.....

Hope that helps some....

Comment

Thanks Bearcat, I didn't know about the DOJ Analysts. Our agency has counter-terrorism IA's, but it's a bit more narrow in focus. I'll look into those DOJ Interpol analyst positions.

I actually came across an announcement a few months back for an Analyst position with directly with International Criminal Court (ICC), but the pay wasn't a really big jump. Also, I still had some required time to finish with my agency before I can leave.

Comment

Originally posted by shawnb66 View Post
        Thanks Bearcat, I didn't know about the DOJ Analysts. Our agency has counter-terrorism IA's, but it's a bit more narrow in focus. I'll look into those DOJ Interpol analyst positions..
        I haven't seen anything posted in a while.....but it's the 0301 series.....

I am looking for a specific job within DOJ that's 0301....so that's why I see the postings......Hopefully, mine will pop up in the near future and the sorry bastards will hire me....

I know where they work out of in DC (figured that out from one of the annoucements) but that's it....I have no clue what they do....if they travel....or any of that stuff.

Might not be a bad gig since it tops at 13......

Good luck....

Comment

http://www.usdoj.gov/usncb/

Comment

For additional job postings check out http://www.interpol.int/Public/Icpo/...t/vacances.asp
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10529 users online. 473 members and 10056 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X