Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What PD's send you through an academy?

I am looking for any and all PD's that will send you through their academy upon hire. It would be nice to work in a warmer weather climate though.

all of them.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

I'm going to guess he's looking to transfer somewhere warmer and wondering if he will have to go through another academy? Could be wrong though. If you're planning on become a law enforcement officer PLAN on going to an academy. If you don't want to go through some kind of academy pick a different career. My .02

Comment

I thought lateral as well but his profile says carpenter.
        "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

not sure if u know this, but to become police officer, you usually go through an academy. but if you can find a dept. that will just give you a gun and badge, please let everyone in on the secret.

Comment

Originally posted by phils2008 View Post
            not sure if u know this, but to become police officer, you usually go through an academy. but if you can find a dept. that will just give you a gun and badge, please let everyone in on the secret.
            +1 on that

Comment

Well, what do you consider "warm"........maybe that'll eliminate about 15 - 20 states and four or five thousand departments right off the bat........Of course, every police academy will go out of their way to keep you warm........
              "...Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Comment

How about you narrow it down to one state. Then maybe you could get some direction. Most good LEA require you to attend their own academy, at least a portion of it, if you are from out of state. Even if you are already otj.

Comment

I think the OP meant what departments will PAY your way through an academy. If he's been looking in FL then he has discovered that many departments will not sponsor you through an academy and you have to put yourself through one.

To answer the OP question, Jacksonville, Hilsborough County Sheriff's, St Petersburgh will sponsor you through an academy.

In Alabama, you don't have a choice. All departments MUST sponsor you through an academy to attend one.

Comment

Originally posted by England View Post
                    I think the OP meant what departments will PAY your way through an academy. If he's been looking in FL then he has discovered that many departments will not sponsor you through an academy and you have to put yourself through one.

To answer the OP question, Jacksonville, Hilsborough County Sheriff's, St Petersburgh will sponsor you through an academy.

In Alabama, you don't have a choice. All departments MUST sponsor you through an academy to attend one.

Thank you for an answer! I have not yet attended an academy and I need to be sponsored and get paid to go through one. I bought a car and a bike in college and now I am forced to work full time. Which only allows me to apply at depts. that will pay you for going through their own academy (I'm not sure if that is what you meant by sponsored). Such as Milwaukee, or Mesa. I guess Tennessee or more southern than that I would be looking for, trying to get away from the 30+ inches of snow we got last month.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan3193 View Post
                      Well, what do you consider "warm"........maybe that'll eliminate about 15 - 20 states and four or five thousand departments right off the bat........Of course, every police academy will go out of their way to keep you warm........
                      I don't mind being cold. I just love to ride my bike and the more days out of the year that I can, the better.

Comment

This Department and most of the larger NC agencies have their own academies. With a number of mid size agencies you will be a paid employee while attending training (BLET) at a community college. A few of us will pre-hire a candidate prior to the start of the Academy.

I think NC may qualify as a warmer location. I would also like to mention that we have an excellent mosquito season.

Comment

alecseborp: And Yes, we do actively recruit out of state candidates. Like most agencies we process out-of-state candidates differently than the local candidate to limit the number of trips.

Comment

Okay, thank you for your info, I am going to look into it.

Comment

aleceseborp I wasn't trying to be funny with my first post, I misunderstood what you meant.
                              Sorry about that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7952 users online. 406 members and 7546 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X