300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my chances?

First I have been considering a career as a police officer since I was young, but was turned off because my parents did not want me to fallow that path. I have been on 2 ride alongs and enjoyed both, the 8 hours flew by.

With that said I am 24 years old, I currently work as a field enginner for a reputable oil field service company. Come May I will have been working here for a year. I have smoked marijuana in the past, I went through a 1 month phase 5 years ago in college and smoked at most 5 times, then threw the rest in the toilet after seeing how stupid it was, and how stupid I was for even trying it. I have never tried any other drugs. I have a college degree, with a bachlors in science in wildlife management from Texas A&M University. I have a prefect driving record, I did recieve a ticket once for a non moving vilolation for an expried inspection sticker.

If there is anything else that you would like to know that would help with your opinion, please ask. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling with a possible new career, and just trying to find the correct way to get started.

You'll be fine, just take the next step....

Apply, and if everything up there is true you will have no problem starting your new career as a LEO.

GOOD LUCK!!!
    "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
    German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

Yes it is all true. An Aggie never lies, cheats, or steals.

Comment

Your background looks "ok". It really depends on how long ago you smoked MJ.

But if you are a field engineer, you do realize you are going to be taking a HUGE cut in pay. At least some of the FE's I know who work for Schlumberger are doing fantastic financially.

Are you prepared for that?

Comment

you will be fine. now all you have to do is figure out where you wanna work. start applying because by no means is it going to be a fast process.

Comment

Yes I understand that I would be making less than half of what I make now. But for me money is not everything, I feel that law enforcement is my calling. I know that sounds corny, but thats how I feel, and have felt this way for a while. Thanks for your opinions.

Comment

It's not corny!!

Originally posted by OilMan View Post
              But for me money is not everything, I feel that law enforcement is my calling. I know that sounds corny, but thats how I feel, and have felt this way for a while. Thanks for your opinions.
              Spoken like a true public servant! If you feel like the Local PD is too much of a pay cut...there is always FLEO if you feel like LE is your calling. Either way good luck and I am sure you will be fine.
              "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
              German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11871 users online. 447 members and 11424 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X