X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbp1363
    replied
    Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
    Anyone have insight into if NCIS accepts successfully adjudicated polys from other federal agencies that were apart of a SSBI/Tier 5/whatever they call it nowadays background investigation?

No, they conduct their own BI and poly everybody, to include current 1811’s.

Leave a comment:

• battlewagon
    commented on 's reply
    That's the standard hiring grade for non-1811-laterals, at least what the last few announcements have been at on USAjobs

• battlewagon
    replied
    Anyone have insight into if NCIS accepts successfully adjudicated polys from other federal agencies that were apart of a SSBI/Tier 5/whatever they call it nowadays background investigation?

Leave a comment:

• Gosc1775
    commented on 's reply
    kb9977 That is good news. Best of luck the rest of the way!

• kb9977
    commented on 's reply
    I got a call from my B.I. today informing me that my background process has begun. I was informed that they will be looking to fulfill the January class as of now.

• Wojo8
    commented on 's reply
    hound66 where are you getting your information about the new director and the policy review? I haven't heard anything since receiving my conditional offer 6 weeks ago. I hope what you are saying is accurate, but I haven't gotten any information out of their HR. They don't seem to communicate much and I don't have a personal contact to reach out to.

• Gosc1775
    commented on 's reply
    Still waiting to hear something. It’s been a few months now so I hope I will hear something soon, if not, then I will continue to stand by. I’ve not reached out to anyone to try and confirm any school dates, but I am hopeful there will be one in October.

• Classsic
    commented on 's reply
    Gosc1775 Have you had any updates on the age waiver? Also, I did a bit of research and found the FLETC schedule for FY19 and on that it says there's supposed to be a basic criminal investigator training class starting in mid September. I don't know if that's actually happening and honestly I'm not really expecting to hear anything until October/November anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. In case anybody is interested in checking it out, link is below. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the program and scheduled can explain how things actually work.

https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/...s_of_feb_1.pdf

• Gosc1775
    replied
    Good evening Ladies and Gents. Hope all is well. The new fiscal year is just a couple months away. I am hopeful things will start to progress for those of you in the early stages of the hiring process.
    Last edited by Gosc1775; 07-14-2019, 05:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• hound66
    commented on 's reply
    For the foreseeable future you will still have to sign a mobility agreement and be subject to moving every few years. But, they are trying to do away with forced moves. They actually allowed some of the supervisors who were supposed to have a forced move this year cancel the move. So, you might still have to relocate across country for your first assignment, but can hopefully have a better chance of choosing future moves.

• hound66
    commented on 's reply
    As far as I know they aren't changing the requirements. Just trying to streamline the process. So, if you are in the hiring pool, congrats and hopefully you are in the next class whenever it starts after October.
    For the foreseeable future you will still have to sign a mobility agreement and be subject to moving every few years. But, they are trying to do away with forced moves. They actually allowed some of the supervisors who were supposed to have a forced move this year cancel the move. So, you might still have to relocate across country for your first assignment, but can hopefully have a better chance of choosing future moves.

• AV1195
    commented on 's reply
    Classsic thanks!

• Classsic
    commented on 's reply
    They have a list of criteria they go through, but like i said, first time taking a poly so i freaked out a bit, which definitely shows down the process. There was a lot of repetition on my part.

• AV1195
    commented on 's reply
    Classsic What in the world could they possibly ask you for four - five hours? I get they’ll ask the same thing multiple different ways but Jesus.

• Classsic
    commented on 's reply
    I too hope we are within the scope, considering some of us are already in the hiring pool. I would hate to be told i no longer qualify for the position or something of that sort. But at least reading the prior posts gives me hope i won't have to relocate cross country for the initial assignment.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8775 users online. 351 members and 8424 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X