Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cbp1363
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2015

There are a lot of pro’s to NCIS, but it’s definitely not for everybody. If you want to get the “bad” guy and see individuals get lengthy sentences NCIS may not be for you. So if you have other 1811 opportunities you should strongly consider those options too. The criminal mission for NCIS leaves a lot to be desired and the military justice system can be beyond frustrating. But, if CI and getting to travel all over on the G’s dime excites you, you’ll enjoy NCIS. The automatic 13 is ideal and there are other ways to make additional money such as deployments or afloat. And if you want to be a LEO and have traditional LEO responsibilities you may want to think if NCIS is right for you. Also, caveat changing 1811’s isn’t as easy as people make it sound.

Comment

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      If NCIS doesn't have the command climate issues Army CID has, I'll take it.

• roadto1811
      roadto1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by roadto1811; 05-03-2020, 11:45 AM.

• cbp1363
      cbp1363 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just think it would be better off for the agency if they explain exactly the type of investigations you will be doing early on. The last 3 years my FO has hired 20, 9 are still with the agency. I just think if ncis tells people exactly what their first 3-5 years on the job will be you’ll retain more people. Because if the agency warns you and you still take the job anyway that’s on you. A lot of people come on based the website and other agents embellishing what ncis does, and see all the capabilities of the agency, but in the begging you’re not doing anything close to that. I just think enlightening people on exactly what the job is will bring the right type of individuals who will want to stay long term.

• roadto1811
      roadto1811 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by roadto1811; 05-03-2020, 11:45 AM.
  • NCSHP833
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2020

Did anybody apply through USAjobs or was everyone a Direct Hire?

Comment

• Mav222
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2014

New travel ban enacted, hiring is suppose to be an exception for DOD. More info will be released Monday after esper signs the order

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Might get Code 10 processing back up and running, but it wouldn’t affect restart-up of training unfortunately
    • kb9977
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2019

Update: NCIS reached out to inform me that the agency is still pending further guidance from FLETC so that those of us who were meant to go to the May academy may be brought on board. Seems like they are just letting us know we haven't been forgotten about.

I reached out to a colleague HSI 1811 working at FLETC and he gave me his best guess that CITP could begin in July or August for those given May dates. Granted, that is pure speculation.

​​​​​​​Stay safe/healthy.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't see how the May class would get July or August, given that there was a CITP class in March who were sent away 2 weeks into their course. Wouldn't they get sent back first? Unless HQ has a separate plan for them..maybe I'm missing something.
        Last edited by Jagger3939; 04-19-2020, 04:48 PM.

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Who knows. Just passing along what I've heard.
    • Mav222
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2014

FYI those waiting on a hiring panel, based off historical record that I posted earlier, IF NCIS is still processing applicants, Next week\Week After Next is historically when a Hiring panel is based off 2018\ 2019 patterns. They are not allowed to onboard AKA send people to FLETC (not that it matters with FLETC closed.) However, hiring processes are still enabled i believe.

Comment

• CUBroncs10
        CUBroncs10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info! Here's to hoping!!

• aspiring_1811
        aspiring_1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know my BI finished up a couple weeks ago so I'm hoping a panel runs as I'd likely be in it.

• CUBroncs10
        CUBroncs10 commented
        Editing a comment
        aspiring_1811 sorry if you have already covered it but what does the rest of your timeline look like?

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe there is a fair amount of people whose backgrounds are done and are awaiting a hiring panel. I believe the cut off for the last board was December of 2019.
    • Huck&Finn
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Saber5
      I believe there is a fair amount of people whose backgrounds are done and are awaiting a hiring panel. I believe the cut off for the last board was December of 2019.
      My background wasn’t finished until January, and got the email in February. Got the call in March so anything is possible

Comment

• CUBroncs10
        CUBroncs10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Are you still working your previous job or are you working for NCIS out of the field office you processed with? I know USSS brings their hires on in their process office until there is room for FLETC
    • Huck&Finn
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2017

I’m still with my current agency. NCIS doesn’t on board at the FO they do it all fletc unless you were in FLETC before the pandemic

Comment

• NCSHP833
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2020

Anyone ever apply and got denied their 1st time applying ?

Comment

• CUBroncs10
          CUBroncs10 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was denied the first time. I waited a year and re-applied day of.
      • Huck&Finn
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by NCSHP833
        Anyone ever apply and got denied their 1st time applying ?
        Second time applying didn’t hear anything back after turning in the initial paperwork

Comment

• NCSHP833
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2020

I believe the hiring panel just met. I received a BQA email today which is confusing due to the fact I passed every step. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

Comment

• bobbyknightkrz
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Saber5
            Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 07-06-2020, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn’t know a board met today? I haven’t received any emails.

• bobbyknightkrz
              bobbyknightkrz commented
              Editing a comment
              ........... ..
              Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 04-30-2020, 11:27 AM.
          • Mav222
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2014

Oh boy, here come the heart attacks. I have not received anything yet

Comment

• LawDog310
              LawDog310 commented
              Editing a comment
              No worries just yet.....so far on this forum there's no confirmation a hiring panel was actually convened recently. Just that one person on here got a "bad news" e-mail, which may or may not have come out of a panel. Not one person here has said they've gotten the "good news" e-mail yet...

• Mike01
              Mike01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Does anyone know how soon after a hiring panel convenes that hiring managers continue the process with later job announcements?
          • Jagger3939
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2019

Someone in a COVID-FLETC thread just now posted....

"FLETC classes are going to be recalled in the next couple weeks starting with those who were closest to graduation. They will also be quarantined for 2 weeks with the intent to resume training in June." He said he heard this information today when he was on a conference call with his agency leadership.

Comment

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              My agency (OSI) briefed the same information: back to normal operations by June, expect 14-day quarantine at FLETC, and students will trickle in mid-May and end of May. OSI will be part of the first wave to return.
          • Jagger3939
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2019

Random question unrelated to the current topic of hiring... As NCIS has you report to FLETC directly, unlike some agencies (Like AFOSI) which have you move/report for a few weeks to your first FO before training, what do most people do in regards to their personal effects during the 5(ish) months of training? It's my understanding if you take any longer than the weekend following graduation to report, it counts as vacation time and is frowned upon. So, how do you move? Do most have a moving company transport their belongings to their duty station city and have them store everything until you graduate and get there to move in, or do you just sell off everything and bring what you can fit in your car/uhaul trailer and put in storage at Glynco? Surely most are not holding onto their apartment leases the entire 5 months in training.... was just curious about what most do?

Comment

• Scrabulous
              Scrabulous commented
              Editing a comment
              Regarding OSI, for military agents, it’s a nonissue. Typically, the single ones will end their leases with no penalty and put their belongings in storage. Married ones will keep things as is. They’ll report to the office (typically the base where they’re stationed at) who ran their background, shadow, and leave for their FLETC class. Afterwards, they’re given time to move to their next duty station without having to take leave.

For civilians, it’s another story. Most will move to their duty station prior to their FLETC class. The move will be out of pocket. They’ll settle in, find a place, etc. and report to the office. Afterwards, they head to their FLETC class. It’s typically a gamble because there’s a chance of not completing the training, but OSI conducts suitability investigations which determines if the individual has the ability to complete the training. OSI classes rarely lose anyone; you really have to eff up to get removed.

I hope that answers your question.

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I knew that OSI generally has it a little easier since you get sent to your duty station in advance, but since NCIS doesn't do that, I was curious what others either have experienced or had planned to do.

• cbp1363
              cbp1363 commented
              Editing a comment
              Your FO will give you admin leave to get your affairs in order
          • roadto1811
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2018

As a civilian, what NCIS is doing in terms of reporting directly to fletc has improved what seemed like a broken process. Previously, you reported to FO, lived somewhere on own dime, moved there on own dime, and then did a whole lot of nothing whole there until fletc. Way better going straight to fletc and doing all of the
            inprocessing there.

Not sure how storage would work if NCIS pays for move, but most people had items in storage while at fletc if single, but if they were living with a significant other or spouse,they just kept the lease until graduation and didn't need storage.

And yes, you should get like a week of leave after fletc.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17085 users online. 24 members and 17061 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...