Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jagger3939
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2019

Interesting observation... in August the hiring process roadmap on the NCIS website said 6-9 month standard start to finish timeline for hiring. I checked today, and it’s been changed to 4-7 months.

Comment

• Wojo8
      Wojo8 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you read elsewhere under their facts and elsewhere you will find more information regarding the timelines. One place it still says 6-9 months (sometimes longer), another says could take up to a year, I think the best one to go off of is where it states that it is conditional on the individual. Everyone is different and each one takes as long as it takes. I’ve had to wait longer on my medical, likely because I live nowhere near a naval base and they just set me up at the nearest AFB an hour away. My BI was completed this week - as in all my references were personally interviewed. I know the TS BI is another thing, so not sure when OPM will be doing their thing, if they’ve started, or how that all works. OPM did everything on their own for my last agency. And before that the agency I was in the process for did everything and I never dealt with OPM...
  • Wojo8
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2018

Does NCIS (or OPM) do a spousal interview? My BI contacted all my references and for the other agencies I’ve either gotten offers from or worked for, all did some kind of in home when they came to town.

Comment

• reztap
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2018

Got the call today for the March Academy. Thanks to everyone who provided knowledge and support!

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats!! It's about time for you... now lets see if kb9977 gets his call..
        Please post updates if you hear anything for future classes/intel!
        Last edited by Jagger3939; 01-11-2020, 12:31 AM.

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

• Brightlife
        Brightlife commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations! Did they actually call you or did they send an email?
        Last edited by Brightlife; 01-11-2020, 09:21 AM.

• reztap
        reztap commented
        Editing a comment
        Brightlife they called.
    • Huck&Finn
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by reztap
      Got the call today for the March Academy. Thanks to everyone who provided knowledge and support!
      Congrats! Best of luck at the academy

Comment

• Wojo8
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2018

Figured others were posting timeline, and I feel it's helpful for those coming behind an applying soon:

Applied: 4/19
        COE: 5/22/19
        Interview 11/12/19
        Poly: 11/13/19
        Suitability BI interviews: 1/6-8/2020
        Medical: 1/14/2020
        Drug: ??
        OPM BI: ??

Congrats to those who have gotten THE CALL and best wishes to those of us still hoping to finish up in time to get into the hiring pool for the upcoming academies!!

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2019

Random question not meant to derail the ongoing academy conversation... say you’re hired, and travel to your first duty station for a few weeks until the Academy. When you leave your office to travel to FLETC, do they pay for your airfare or mileage (if you drive) to get there and back?
          Last edited by Jagger3939; 01-13-2020, 05:00 AM.

Comment

• cbp1363
            cbp1363 commented
            Editing a comment
            You eod at the academy. You don’t go to your field office until after you graduate.
        • Wojo8
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2018

After completing Medical - did you have to inform anyone that you had completed it? I had it done at a local AFB and not directly by the Navy. They kept making it sound like I needed to confirm with my "chain of command" that it was done and they received the paperwork. I was contacted by the AFB HR department for the scheduling, nothing came directly from NCIS about it, so I don't have an NCIS contact to let know it's done.

Comment

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Last edited by Saber5; 02-02-2020, 02:20 PM.

• Wojo8
            Wojo8 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man. That is what I assumed. It sounded like it would go back to the AF HR guy as my "sponsor" and he connects with NCIS to send it all back in.

• Brightlife
            Brightlife commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually had to fax my medical documents over to the person who set up my appointment. The people who did my physical said it’s easier if I just sent it in myself. And I did it at an actual naval base.
        • Saber5
          Forum Member
          • May 2018

Comment

• bobbyknightkrz
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2019

----------------
            Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 07-06-2020, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed, I'm not even hopeful for a May academy as far as NCIS goes....
              The DEA is hurting for bodies people. Lots of new agents straight out of college.
              Last edited by kb9977; 01-15-2020, 03:11 PM.
          • aspiring_1811
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2019

More a curiosity question than anything else. Does the NCIS BI involve gaining information from other agencies that have conducted similar BI's on you? I hold a clearance already so I'm wondering if all my records and information is going to be grabbed and used for my NCIS BI or if they're going to just operate off of the eQIP I gave them.

Comment

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good question. I've yet to get an answer to that myself.

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by Saber5; 02-02-2020, 02:21 PM.

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Saber5 I'm not sure if that's correct. My BI contacted me this week asking for additional phone numbers for several references on my eQuip, as the numbers I had listed he wasn't receiving any answers on (he specifically referenced the SF-86).

• aspiring_1811
              aspiring_1811 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I'm in concurrence with Jagger3939 here. My assigned investigator seemed to already have my eQIP because when he asked for additional references and contacts he already basically knew my life. I'm sure DCSA uses the eQIP as well, but I think it serves multiple purposes.
          • FL_Leo
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2019

Hi I’m new to this forum.

I’m a local officer with investigative experience looking at possibly going federal. If any agents on this forum can answer a few questions, I would appreciate it. I have a newborn and I’m trying to make the best decision.
            1. Is NCIS family friendly
            2. Are bosses pushing mandatory moves
            3. What are my chances of having to eventually TDY
            4. Do you guys have different groups as far investigations
            5. What are my chances of staying in Florida

thank you for the help

Comment

• denny850
              denny850 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm currently working with another federal law enforcement agency, but not in an 1811 capacity. I work alongside NCIS 1811s and have had in-depth conversations with them regarding several of your same concerns. Since no one has responded to your post, I wanted to share my opinion on your concerns about worklife balance and family life, as I have three young kids and worklife balance is a priority for me.

I have formed the following perspective of NCIS culture from a few different NCIS folks. NCIS is under new management and has a reinvigorated effort to attract/retain quality personnel. The agency has seen several experienced agents over the years leave NCIS due to compelled moves and poor management culture that has failed to take into account agent lifestyles and personal needs. To mitigate the loss of personnel, the new Director has ended compelled moves, for the most part, and is working to improve the transfer process, permitting folks to remain in certain offices longer. This may be a complicated issue, but most agencies do not have compelled moves (especially throughout the entirety of a career), so I'm hopeful NCIS can figure this out. At least in my home agency, happier agents are more productive, and happy agents typically have happy home lives that are without added work stressors. I think NCIS is making strides toward this realization, but someone from within may be a better source.

Even if NCIS does not volunteer you for a TDY (short-term temporary assignment), I think it would be worthwhile for the experience gained to jump at the opportunity, when you find something of interest. In my agency, I find leaders with a breadth of experiences are oftentimes the best to work for. They provide better perspectives on complex problems and are open to thinking more critically in identifying solutions. A term TDY will help you become a better agent, quicker.

I hope some of this resonates with you. I don't have all the answers but have a decent perspective after working/meeting with some agents.

• FL_Leo
              FL_Leo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for your response, yeah it’s tough because having a wife and young kids I don’t want to be packing the bags and moving around every 3-4 years.This is the reason why I’m doing my due diligence on NCIS, a lot of federal law enforcement agencies have shifted away from mandatory moves.
          • RJflyer
            Forum Member
            • Oct 2016

Just a note for anyone else still in the hiring process for the previous vacancy from last year...Code10 specifically told me not to reapply under the new 20 January vacancy. They’re still processing people from the old vacancy. So if you haven’t explicitly been told you’re eliminated from consideration, then you’re still being processed.

Comment

• aspiring_1811
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2019

Has anyone been scheduled for medical recently in the DC area? That's the last step in my process and I'm anxiously awaiting an appointment to get that rolling.

Comment

• IntelPro
                IntelPro commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, I had my medical completed in DC on the 23rd. I have to go back for the 2nd part on the 30th. Is your BI completed?

• aspiring_1811
                aspiring_1811 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm not sure. I know he called about 3-4 people this past week but I haven't received anything formal saying my BI is done. Not sure if I will either.
            • Wojo8
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2018

Had medical last week, but still waiting on the email about the urinalysis/drug test - filled out Med forms in Dec for an agent who said to also expect an email for the drug test in the next few weeks, but nothing... should I reach back out to him?? or is this normal... Just to be clear no one from NCIS was involved directly with me regarding my medical (except the guy from Dec) - all my scheduling and paperwork came from the air force (no naval bases nearby). I mean - if they thought I skipped the drug test, they wouldn't have sent my stuff to the AF for the med, so I'm not too worried, but still, it's a little weird to have waited so long on the drug test - it takes a whole 5 min...

Comment

• bobbyknightkrz
                Forum Member
                • Oct 2019

Originally posted by Wojo8
                Had medical last week, but still waiting on the email about the urinalysis/drug test - filled out Med forms in Dec for an agent who said to also expect an email for the drug test in the next few weeks, but nothing... should I reach back out to him?? or is this normal... Just to be clear no one from NCIS was involved directly with me regarding my medical (except the guy from Dec) - all my scheduling and paperwork came from the air force (no naval bases nearby). I mean - if they thought I skipped the drug test, they wouldn't have sent my stuff to the AF for the med, so I'm not too worried, but still, it's a little weird to have waited so long on the drug test - it takes a whole 5 min...
                Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 07-06-2020, 04:29 AM.

Comment

• kb9977
                  kb9977 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Facts.....

• LawDog310
                  LawDog310 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At least I'm not the only one on here anxiously rotting away waiting. I'm at 10 months since COE was offered, 7 months since the background started (and 6 weeks since the last known BI activity), and still no word on hiring pool...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20650 users online. 56 members and 20594 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...