Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new NCIS news???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For anyone that has applied to the newest vacancy, does your status show incomplete? I've applied to a few other 1811 jobs recently and I don't recall if the status changed to compete the same day, but according to the checklist, I've submitted everything that is required: law school transcripts, DD-214, SF-15, and I've completed the online assessment. Is the status showing "incomplete - missing required documents" just there because it hasn't updated, or am I missing some other required document?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Pi, Esq. View Post
      For anyone that has applied to the newest vacancy, does your status show incomplete? I've applied to a few other 1811 jobs recently and I don't recall if the status changed to compete the same day, but according to the checklist, I've submitted everything that is required: law school transcripts, DD-214, SF-15, and I've completed the online assessment. Is the status showing "incomplete - missing required documents" just there because it hasn't updated, or am I missing some other required document?
      Mine does that every now and then right after I apply. It should change within a few hours...unless you are missing something required.

      If it still shows "Incomplete" by Thursday night, then I would run through it again.

      Good luck!
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

      Comment


      • Read the required documents section. It requires a NCIS background security questionaire to be filled out and uploaded under other category.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheDamonFactor View Post
          Read the required documents section. It requires a NCIS background security questionaire to be filled out and uploaded under other category.
          Thanks. I just saw that, but I couldn't tell if that form was required as it was not grouped with the rest of the documents.

          Comment


          • I called and they said once the items clear virus scan that the status will change.

            Comment


            • Pi, it is probably because your documents are pending upload by NCIS portal.

              Comment


              • Should we use a USAJOBS resume or a normal resume?

                Comment


                • I received the no thanks letter a few weeks ago. I read in another post that someone else got the same thing. Does that mean your done, or is it another part of their bad organization?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dosumthing View Post
                    I received the no thanks letter a few weeks ago. I read in another post that someone else got the same thing. Does that mean your done, or is it another part of their bad organization?
                    Sounds like you should count your blessings and move on. JMHO. Either that or give it a week or two until things change. Who knows.

                    Comment


                    • Yeah, my federal dreams are getting smaller and smaller. I have a masters, former military, and law enforcment (investigations). I really dont know what they want. I'm working going back into the military as an officer and calling it a day.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Viking14 View Post
                        Pi, it is probably because your documents are pending upload by NCIS portal.
                        TheDamonFactor was spot on... all my documents were already processed, but I forgot to upload the NCIS Background Security Questionnaire. Once I did that, it changed to received.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dosumthing View Post
                          Yeah, my federal dreams are getting smaller and smaller. I have a masters, former military, and law enforcment (investigations). I really dont know what they want. I'm working going back into the military as an officer and calling it a day.
                          Current Dependapotamous and Former Mil with a BA degree here.

                          When I first started down the USAJobs nightmare umm I mean website, I was actually denied a Police Officer position with the VA. My background and education well exceeded the minimum requirements, however I still received the "FU" letter. I immediately thought back to what the VA Police guys at my VA looked like and was in shock that I was denied. ...I'm not even going to get into the fact that I've been denied a bunch of jobs on base that were HS/GED level haha.

                          I completely forgot that I did more than wear silkies, pull a trigger, and spread democracy when I was in. ::Cue Team America Theme Song:: I realized I had completely overlooked all of the managerial, administrative, and non-pew related responsibilities.

                          Turns out, it was my resume that screwed me all up (surprise, surprise). I just had a basic resume (made it in a professional writing class in college) with bullets and even though it made me look like a one-page ninja, it didn't workout very well. I figured out what I was doing wrong and spent a few days working on my resume (as well as hitting up the library to find some resume guides and keyword books). Now I'm at a solid four-page Federal Resume and get referred for every PD or 1811 position (across multiple agencies) that I have applied to and have yet to receive the thin letter or DQ.

                          Its all about the key words and articulating your various skills and abilities via text.

                          If you can, go to a career center and try to find a counselor who knows a thing or two about federal resumes.

                          Hope this helps. If not, then best of luck with the OCS route. That was my backup plan as well.

                          Good luck!
                          "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                          Comment


                          • ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
                            Yeah same here, a lot of guys try to capitalize on their days back when they used to jump out of helicopters with chainsaws but, unfortunately there isn't much place for those traits outside the military.
                            Like the right tool, there is no substitute when you need em but most 1811 or 0083 jobs would much rather avoid such things.

                            You really must capitalized on your managerial skills, team leadership, education, technical abilities, and administrative capacities.

                            Luckily, I met a guy in ICE that helped me TOTALLY re-vamp my resume for the fed. After that I took it to my companies HR department for review from some civilian eyes and BAM, I started getting referrals all the time!

                            Look at the announcements and hone in on keywords they use and directly insert them into your narratives or tweak your resume with them (their app filter compares resumes to the announcement).

                            A lot of qualified people get passed up just because they can't get their packets seen.
                            Good luck!
                            War of attrition

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              You really must capitalized on your managerial skills, team leadership, education, technical abilities, and administrative capacities.

                              Look at the announcements and hone in on keywords they use and directly insert them into your narratives or tweak your resume with them (their app filter compares resumes to the announcement).
                              Exactly!
                              "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

                              Comment


                              • OK, I have a theory for all of us recently "hired".

                                -We received our new statuses on Monday, DEC 1.
                                -On Wednesday, DEC 3 they post a new listing for 1811/07s


                                My theory is that they filled the March listing with people that were more highly qualified even though they liked us.

                                Maybe those that didn't make the cut for the last wave but have made advances in the hiring process were "selected from another certificate" (i.e. the march posting) to continue in the hiring process so they don't have to sift through eleventy-kagillion apps to fill XX amount of new openings.

                                Therefor they can push us forward and find the remaining few from the new posting….

                                Again, this is just my conjecture, what I don't know can fill a book. Its just kind of makes since.
                                War of attrition

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11938 users online. 448 members and 11490 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X