300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
    I know two people who have 14 years in each with NCIS. They said that it sounds like good news that usajobs says hired. When they applied usajobs was not used back then so they can't speak from experience. I did see where someone said that their status is hired and they haven't even had the poly so Idk.
    That may have been me you're talking about, yep, forgot about for 5 months, interviewed, got an unofficial email saying I was OUT(never an updated status though or an official letter), now 2 months later my status says "hired".
    No poly, no BI, no further contact etc…

Hopefully something positive happened, I really want this job!
    War of attrition

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      That may have been me you're talking about, yep, forgot about for 5 months, interviewed, got an unofficial email saying I was OUT(never an updated status though or an official letter), now 2 months later my status says "hired".
      No poly, no BI, no further contact etc…

Hopefully something positive happened, I really want this job!
      Who you telling. I thought I was going to make it onto this December academy, but its all good. Have you tried contacting them? I did by email but have yet to get a response. I will say that it is good news they have an open announcement now. Suggest they don't have enough qualified applicants. So those of us who are finished should be in good shape. Good luck to you!

Comment

• Ladies and Gents they have 2 classes scheduled for June. The announcement currently out is to fill the two June classes and hiring for FY16. I still believe that there is at least one class scheduled for March which will of course include those applicants from last March's announcement!

Comment

• I hope we all can get through this FY. The possibility of another government shut down in 2016 is very possible as the current budget agreed on was only for 2014 and 2015. Just something to think about.

Comment

Who you telling. I thought I was going to make it onto this December academy, but its all good. Have you tried contacting them? I did by email but have yet to get a response. I will say that it is good news they have an open announcement now. Suggest they don't have enough qualified applicants. So those of us who are finished should be in good shape. Good luck to you!
            I believe there is more than enough qualified applicants who are unfortunately at the mercy of a very sloppy process. Multiple people here have received conflicting info throughout the process.

Personally I wasn't found to be qualified. Anyways, would have been impossible going from a 12+ to a 7. Oh well, putting this to bed and moving on... Best of luck to others.
            Last edited by PSOSAC; 12-03-2014, 01:26 PM. Reason: Too much personal info included in the original post..

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
              I believe there is more than enough qualified applicants who are unfortunately at the mercy of a very sloppy process. Multiple people here have received conflicting info throughout the process.

Personally I wasn't found to be qualified. Advanced degree, TS clearance, fed leo for six yrs = Not Selected. And yes, I articulated my experience very well on the application. Oh well, putting this to bed and moving on... Best of luck to others.
              Don't give up. Reapply to this announcement. Govt employees and vets have priority!

Comment

• A new announcement? They sound desperate and unorganized. Not that that's anything new with the G, but alarming the number of people who have had conflicting stories from different stages of the process from A-Z resulting in multiple usajobs status remarks, to shady, unreliable poly exams, to seeing "hired" without a poly exam at all! Some have heard nothing while others have been left scratching their heads. Now a new announcement? Not a good sign in the same calendar year as the Navy Times article(s) about the awful morale.
                Last edited by ctrleo; 12-03-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I know two people who have 14 years in each with NCIS. They said that it sounds like good news that usajobs says hired. When they applied usajobs was not used back then so they can't speak from experience. I did see where someone said that teir status is hired and they haven't even had the poly so Idk.
                  I can only speak for myself but the only thing I am missing is medical and drug test. I passed everthing else. What about you LBJfan4life, how far are you??

Comment

• Is the hiring process for this very long?

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltWhite View Post
                      Is the hiring process for this very long?
                      Relatively speaking, the consensus is it's faster than most. To get to their supposed lofty hiring goals however, more sanity and manpower is needed. I wouldn't hold my breath on either.

Comment

The announcement currently out is to fill the two June classes and hiring for FY16.
                        It would be interesting to see if they were actually able to get applicants from this vacancy (3669) into a June class. Essentially a six month timeline for a TS position is lightning fast (I say six because we all know that December is a stagnant month).

Good luck to all who apply.
                        "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                          I can only speak for myself but the only thing I am missing is medical and drug test. I passed everthing else. What about you LBJfan4life, how far are you??
                          I'm done. Just waiting for the call.

Applied: March 14
                          Interview: May 14
                          Poly: Aug 14
                          BI started: September 14
                          Med/drug: November 14

Comment

• Originally posted by WaltWhite View Post
                            Is the hiring process for this very long?
                            They are probably the shortest out of all 1811s I am aware of 6-9 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
                              It would be interesting to see if they were actually able to get applicants from this vacancy (3669) into a June class. Essentially a six month timeline for a TS position is lightning fast (I say six because we all know that December is a stagnant month).

Agreed. Unless they are going to forego the usual hiring process in order to get people in sooner, I see no possibility of anyone applying to today's announcement getting into an class by June. Hell, when I was in law school, I applied for an intern position at a USAO and the BI for that position took nearly 6 months.
                              Last edited by Pi, Esq.; 12-03-2014, 02:21 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post

That is lighting fast, but that is why I think they are putting vets and current government employees at the top of the list. I got my info directly from those who are in charge of hiring.
                                Last edited by LBJfan4life; 12-03-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10807 users online. 384 members and 10423 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X