Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Argis09 View Post
    patriot772,

That's good intel. Would you happen to have any intel regarding the GS-13 lateral announcement situation?
    I'm pretty sure it's the same information. They need bodies but aren't going to rush it. I think the GS-13 announcement was maybe to skip a step or two in the process of getting the applicant from point A to point Z.

Comment

• Hoping this is the week for me!

Comment

• Hello everyone, March 2014 applicant here out of DC.. Looking for any type of answers or insight.
        My timeline: interview in June, poly in July, BI completed in August. Drug test in sept (never heard anything back) assuming that's good?. And still waiting for medical. I'm an applicant out of the DC area and was told things are slow on the medical appointments end by ncis drug test rep.
        I know that they sent down 24 people in mid sept. Does anyone know how many seats they have planned for December's class? Anyone know when there are going to start making "calls" for let those people know? There they still planning on hiring 100 agents? Are there any NCIS contacts out there that are truly helpful or informative?
        Thanks and good luck to everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitecw View Post
          Hello everyone, March 2014 applicant here out of DC.. Looking for any type of answers or insight.
          My timeline: interview in June, poly in July, BI completed in August. Drug test in sept (never heard anything back) assuming that's good?. And still waiting for medical. I'm an applicant out of the DC area and was told things are slow on the medical appointments end by ncis drug test rep.
          I know that they sent down 24 people in mid sept. Does anyone know how many seats they have planned for December's class? Anyone know when there are going to start making "calls" for let those people know? There they still planning on hiring 100 agents? Are there any NCIS contacts out there that are truly helpful or informative?
          Thanks and good luck to everyone
          I'm a DC area applicant as well. Sounds like your process has moved way faster than mine did. I waited at 1.5 months between each step. From what I have heard. There should be about 4 classes of 24. The September class, one in December, one in March, and one in June.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oohrah23 View Post
            I'm a DC area applicant as well. Sounds like your process has moved way faster than mine did. I waited at 1.5 months between each step. From what I have heard. There should be about 4 classes of 24. The September class, one in December, one in March, and one in June.
            Must be nice to have some movement, I haven't heard a thing after I submitted my questionare after being referred. It's quite frustrating and I know the deal I currently am a FEDLEO 6C at the moment but there still was more structure to my hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
              Must be nice to have some movement, I haven't heard a thing after I submitted my questionare after being referred. It's quite frustrating and I know the deal I currently am a FEDLEO 6C at the moment but there still was more structure to my hiring process.
              Same here, I haven't heard anything since I sent my questionnaire in. I sent an email and asked if I was still in the process. They said I would be notified if I wasn't going to be considered for the position and I haven't heard anything since.
              BPA -
              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I have a contact who works for NCIS and he told me that they want to hire approximately 120 agents. He said that they are having a hard time getting people through the poly. So for those of us who are just waiting for "The Call" or who is pretty far along in the process just be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by LBJfan4life View Post
                  I have a contact who works for NCIS and he told me that they want to hire approximately 120 agents. He said that they are having a hard time getting people through the poly. So for those of us who are just waiting for "The Call" or who is pretty far along in the process just be patient.
                  Then they're getting what they deserve (nothing) by trusting the voodoo junk that is the poly.

Comment

I have a contact who works for NCIS and he told me that they want to hire approximately 120 agents. He said that they are having a hard time getting people through the poly. So for those of us who are just waiting for "The Call" or who is pretty far along in the process just be patient.
                    Sounds kind of promising. Roughly a 1/5 chance for those applicants selected in the 500. My medical has been scheduled so, time to be even more patient.

Comment

Sounds kind of promising. Roughly a 1/5 chance for those applicants selected in the 500. My medical has been scheduled so, time to be even more patient.
                      That's good I did mine two weeks ago. I'm hoping to be placed in next month's academy but I am not sure if that will happen since I haven't got the call yet. I figure if I don't hear something by thanksgiving then I will be in the next academy. It's kind of tough because I just got offered a really good position (not 1811), but I have cone too far to pass up this opportunity with NCIS. So in my 5+ years of trying to be an 1811 I have learned that patience is a must and good things will come to those who are patient.

Comment

That's good I did mine two weeks ago. I'm hoping to be placed in next month's academy but I am not sure if that will happen since I haven't got the call yet. I figure if I don't hear something by thanksgiving then I will be in the next academy. It's kind of tough because I just got offered a really good position (not 1811), but I have cone too far to pass up this opportunity with NCIS. So in my 5+ years of trying to be an 1811 I have learned that patience is a must and good things will come to those who are patient.
                        I feel that pain

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                          I feel that pain
                          Is it a fed Leo position?

Comment

Just to be clear..........The 500 that were selected for review by HQ was from the entry-level announcement. The GS-13 announcement was listed after I received those numbers. That number could be significantly increased. Not to dampen anybody's parade but eyes wide open and all that........

Comment

Is it a fed Leo position?
                              No. It's a support position for a Fed agency!

Comment

I would say go ahead and take the job that you have been offered, and then resign if offered a final offer from NCIS. You never know what happens in the government. And agree with the part about being patient and good things will come.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10113 users online. 370 members and 9743 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X