Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe for NCIS but the other federal agencies I have worked for notified me of my BI being initiated.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFed View Post
      Maybe for NCIS but the other federal agencies I have worked for notified me of my BI being initiated.
      I've had both experiences. One investigator had me do the sitdown with him first to start the whole thing off. Another one, (the most recent one) just began without my knowledge and the sit down interview was practically done at the very end. It may also have to do with the preference of the specific investigators too.
      Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 07-09-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cowboy View Post
        There are still a few of us left from the 2013 announcement as I am one of them. However, by now most of us are towards the end of the application process and waiting for an academy class date. The last thing I heard was that the September academy is still a go.

Just like any 1811 hiring process expect to be in the pipeline for at least 12 months (min). Patience is important. However, the good news for 2014 applicants is that not to many are passing both the panel interview and the poly. So if you have passed both thus far you are in good shape. I have also heard that (already been stated on this forum as well) that NCIS needs to get some new hires quickly due to a pretty big manpower shortage which is more good news to those in the process.
        Well that makes me feel great , I just passed both. Honestly it all seems surreal at this point, it is such an amazing opportunity with a great agency and after all the hard years of hard work and hundreds of 1811 apps and never getting the job it looks like maybe just maybe my time has arrived.

Comment

• Hey, So I received notification from HQ in April, submited the paperwork that day and havent heard anything yet...anyone else in the same boat as me? I am a NCIS 2014 applicant...

Comment

• The word....as of yesterday is that 5800 applied, 500 were referred, 100 are to be hired by September. I had my interview and found out today that I didn't pass. To say this SUCKS is an understatement! Good luck to the rest of you still in the process! I hope much happier news comes your way.....

Comment

• Sorry to hear that man - 500 Referrals huh? Well I have been referred but no word yet after my Security Screen which was clean as far as I am concerned - so that sucks also!

Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
              The word....as of yesterday is that 5800 applied, 500 were referred, 100 are to be hired by September. I had my interview and found out today that I didn't pass. To say this SUCKS is an understatement! Good luck to the rest of you still in the process! I hope much happier news comes your way.....

Comment

• Same here..

Originally posted by oifvet159 View Post
                Hey, So I received notification from HQ in April, submited the paperwork that day and havent heard anything yet...anyone else in the same boat as me? I am a NCIS 2014 applicant...

Comment

• Same here. Waiting to see when they start the background checks. If they want a bunch of names by September of people who are good to go, I imagine background checks will start soon. That is assuming that passing the interview and the poly means that you progress of course.

Comment

• I haven't heard a peep since the screen either in may. I'm in Cali and a current covered fed. Not sure what's going on

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmking3 View Post
                      Sorry to hear that man - 500 Referrals huh? Well I have been referred but no word yet after my Security Screen which was clean as far as I am concerned - so that sucks also!
                      Yeah, it sucks! I think my interviewing skills sunk me on this one. I will say that I was the same way when it came to the security screen stuff! I was security screened and then didn't hear anything for weeks.....Your time will come. They are adamant about hiring guys but definitely not eager to rush the process just to get some warm bodies to back fill vacancies. I would say they just haven't quite gotten to your name for interview/poly. Just be ready when it's your turn to shine....

Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                      Same here. Waiting to see when they start the background checks. If they want a bunch of names by September of people who are good to go, I imagine background checks will start soon. That is assuming that passing the interview and the poly means that you progress of course.
                      I think you should assume, if you passed the interview/poly, your background has started. The hiring for agents seems priority #1 based on what I saw and heard from the NCIS HQ folks.....AND after seeing the inside of that office, I can see why it took as long as it did for them to screen the applicant pool for referrals. Based on your time-line, I'm sure you will be onboarded within the September time-frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                        Same here. Waiting to see when they start the background checks. If they want a bunch of names by September of people who are good to go, I imagine background checks will start soon. That is assuming that passing the interview and the poly means that you progress of course.
                        I can't see any reason if you passed both why you wouldn't just continue in the process. I would think they couldn't just kick you out of the process without a good reason. Maybe there is a chance you wouldn't get an offer for September, but one would think that would just mean you were in the hiring pool for the next class, right??? In my experiences at FLETC the CITP program is always comprised of many agency's so there is no way 100 agents could go through that at the same time when the average class size is 48 or so, With that reasoning I would think there would be at least 2 or 3 basics and maybe 1 or 2 NCIS specific classes scheduled.
                        Last edited by Locke03; 07-11-2014, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                          I can't see any reason if you passed both why you wouldn't just continue in the process. I would think they couldn't just kick you out of the process without a good reason. Maybe there is a chance you wouldn't get an offer for September, but one would think that would just mean you were in the hiring pool for the next class, right??? In my experiences at FLETC the CITP program is always comprised of many agency's so there is no way 100 agents could go through that at the same time when the average class size is 48 or so, With that reasoning I would think there would be at least 2 or 3 basics and maybe 1 or 2 NCIS specific classes scheduled.
                          You would think that you would just continue right into the background. But this is the G so who knows. If they haven't started your background at this point, I would guess that it would be very hard to get into a September class if one is available. Hiring pool seems more likely.

Comment

Just got a call regarding my background investigation. They started it without notifying me!
                            NCIS initiated my background investigation as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post
                              NCIS initiated my background investigation as well.
                              Great! Did they call you about something on your 86?

Comment

Great! Did they call you about something on your 86?
                                Yes. They needed an address.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8168 users online. 216 members and 7952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X