Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've gotten all the referrals as well and I was confused at first. I have also received three seperate emails from the individial field offices asking if I was still interested in the position and if I understood that the announcement was for a GS-9 and that I would not be able to lateral my GS-12 step 2. I responded to all three that I was willing to take the pay cut and the agent was very friendly and said that she will forward my packet to continue with the hiring process. Still no COE though...

Comment

• Originally posted by Raidergx View Post
      If you get a Referral email it is because the hiring manager requests a new list. I do not know why they requested a new list of applicants but that is what will generate a new referral to a hiring manager. It might be the 4 year degree thing, maybe the managers only wanted a list with degree holders and they re-requested a new list of eligibles
      All,

I just got off the phone with the DON Employment Info Center (# on the announcement) and they did not have a clear or direct answer to any of this, but they were nice enough to speculate on what is going on.

Again, this is SPECULATION everyone so just take it for what it's worth.

I was told that NO final selections have been made to any field office. Meaning, no field office has chose any Special Agents to employ (yet). The only thing that would make sense to them about the reoccuring referral letters is that they are resending them to everyone that recieved the BI packets as a way to say "hey, your initial pre-screening is okay and you are continuing in the process".

Do I really believe it? not really, but what do i know?
      "I am not a federal employee, I am a constitutional officer. I am not a government employee, I am in the Constitution. My job is the Constitution of the United States!"

**The American people are not anti-immigrant. We are concerned about the lack of coherence in our immigration policy and enforcement.**

Comment

• Hey, I got another referral. Woo Hoo! Lol. Geeze, this is ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prada Police View Post
          All,

I just got off the phone with the DON Employment Info Center (# on the announcement) and they did not have a clear or direct answer to any of this, but they were nice enough to speculate on what is going on.

Again, this is SPECULATION everyone so just take it for what it's worth.

I was told that NO final selections have been made to any field office. Meaning, no field office has chose any Special Agents to employ (yet). The only thing that would make sense to them about the reoccuring referral letters is that they are resending them to everyone that recieved the BI packets as a way to say "hey, your initial pre-screening is okay and you are continuing in the process".

Do I really believe it? not really, but what do i know?
          The process seems to be a little different than in the past. Previously, you just applied for NCIS as an agency and either made the initial cut or you didn't. You would then get a packet with the security forms and a list of CONUS field offices. You would list your top three field offices and then just interview at the closest office to your residence. But, when you finally got the call, the HQ person making the offer might offer you something totally different based on agency needs. Your "dream" sheet of offices was more of a preference of where you would like to go, and you weren't applying to specific offices, you were applying to the agency.

However, if you're a new hire and have to go to CITP and SABTP, I'm guessing we will still wait until we have a class to actually bring people on board. When that happens, HQ will put out a message to the field saying "These 24 people are coming on board on 20Jul14, and will begin CITP on 01Aug14."

Comment

• Hey Everyone,

I'm new here but I had my interview/poly earlier this week.

Comment

• ^
              How was the panel interview? What was your experience going to it?

Comment

• Guess what? I received another "referred" email. I just deleted 10 of them. Oh boy.

Comment

• It was really relaxed and they were extremely professional. I thought that it would be much harder going into it. However, the agents I had were chill! I'm currently a 0083 with a masters degree and 5 point preference.
                  Last edited by JFed; 06-06-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFed View Post
                    It was really relaxed and they were extremely professional. I thought that it would be much harder going into it. However, the agents I had were chill! I'm currently a 0083 with a masters degree and 5 point preference.
                    What location did you interview out of?

Comment

• I traveled to Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by JFed View Post
                        I traveled to Dallas.
                        I just sent you a quick PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KDR View Post
                          I just sent you a quick PM.
                          I responded..

Comment

• Good to hear. So it's safe to assume that the panel questions aren't that difficult to answer..cool

Comment

• Does anyone know if NCIS 1811's get to utilize a take home G Ride? From older posts it looks like SAC's have the major say in this. Was wondering if there was a written policy implemented after the sequestration ended.

Comment

• Interview and poly done. To above post purse strings are awful tight everywhere so I am sure it is a coin toss.
                                Current FLEO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5769 users online. 283 members and 5486 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X