Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a call from an NCIS SA in HQ asking about my degree status (I graduate in August). They advised me that they received over 5000 applicants and although the announcement stated that no degree is required they are trying to select only the most qualified to continue in the process. They told me I would continue in the process as long as I remain on track to graduate as scheduled. I also received a bunch of duplicate referrals today. Take it FWIW.
    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• I just got another referral to another location I applied to with them, but the email from the NCIS S/A I got after my interview said I was out, so now I'm confused, hope for the best but expect the worst I guess.

Comment

• I got to more denial emails today (one for Camp Lejune GS-9 & Great Lakes GS-7)...The GS-7 email said there were better qualified applicants...I'm taking this as officially being out of the running. Best of luck to the rest of you.

Comment

• I am out of the process. I was notified three days before my interview that I don't have a degree, even though the announcement stated that you don't, if you have the experience. Good luck guys!
          USPIS 2011
          US OPM 2009-2011
          US CBP 2007-2009
          USANG 2006
          USMC 2002-2006
          H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
          MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpor_usmc View Post
            I am out of the process. I was notified three days before my interview that I don't have a degree, even though the announcement stated that you don't, if you have the experience. Good luck guys!
            Wow, interesting. I have a degree with a high GPA and haven't heard a peep since early May when I got the first email.

Comment

• Can't believe they'd schedule an applicant for an interview and then kick them our of the process for not having a degree... Hope you didn't have to purchase airfare to get to the interview.

Comment

• Negative, it's only three hours away. What I do for living can't be taught in school, maybe that's why I had an interview... But who knows.
                USPIS 2011
                US OPM 2009-2011
                US CBP 2007-2009
                USANG 2006
                USMC 2002-2006
                H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• This whole process is confusing. I received a GS-9 referral to Camp Lejeune on May 12 and received the same GS-9 referral yesterday. Makes me wonder who is controlling this process. I realize from an earlier post that they received over 5000 applications, but you would think they have some idea who has received referral emails and who hasn't. Oh well guess I had to put in my 2 cents.

Comment

• Nothing with the fed hiring process is a surprise at this point. Staying positive, until they tell me it's a no go..

Comment

• Originally posted by TROOP451 View Post
                      This whole process is confusing. I received a GS-9 referral to Camp Lejeune on May 12 and received the same GS-9 referral yesterday. Makes me wonder who is controlling this process. I realize from an earlier post that they received over 5000 applications, but you would think they have some idea who has received referral emails and who hasn't. Oh well guess I had to put in my 2 cents.
                      Same here. I received a referral email yesterday for the same location I had already received a referral email in May. Like I had mentioned on another post, I rather not receive any "referred" emails and instead get an offer or even a thanks but no thanks. I have my USA Application Manager full of referred emails and nothing. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by TROOP451 View Post
                        This whole process is confusing. I received a GS-9 referral to Camp Lejeune on May 12 and received the same GS-9 referral yesterday. Makes me wonder who is controlling this process. I realize from an earlier post that they received over 5000 applications, but you would think they have some idea who has received referral emails and who hasn't. Oh well guess I had to put in my 2 cents.
                        At this point I've received 4 referrals just for San Diego.....and only one of them was for a GS-9. I mean I was referred for everywhere else but 3 x's as a GS-7 for SD is a little excessive. Just give me the COE or "thanks but no thanks" letter. Stop teasing me!
                        Last edited by patriot772; 06-04-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Similar story here. Constantly checking my email and mailbox in hopes of receiving the COE. I need to get on with life and act as if I never applied. But we all know that's easier said than done.

Comment

• ......and still getting more referrals!

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                              ......and still getting more referrals!
                              Anyone that has one referral is still getting referred, those with COE's, those that have passed and failed the interview are all still receiving referrals. This is a first for duplicate referrals on a job announcement for me, but it is pretty much a dead topic at the moment.

Comment

• If you get a Referral email it is because the hiring manager requests a new list. I do not know why they requested a new list of applicants but that is what will generate a new referral to a hiring manager. It might be the 4 year degree thing, maybe the managers only wanted a list with degree holders and they re-requested a new list of eligibles.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5374 users online. 327 members and 5047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X