300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cuffs309 View Post
    Just so I'm tracking, the request for information and background questionarre sheet are coming via email (as mine did). The conditional offer of employment is being sent out via the postal service (which is rather strange)?

Side note: ROI at my agency is Report of Investigation, as I assume are most other federal agencies...I giggle each time I see ROI on here.

Like many others I am waiting on the COE...
    ROI-Funny to me also.

Processing out of RI. Has anyone completed the interview there? If so, did you interview day 1 and poly the following day? My COE came via email.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingtowait View Post
      ROI-Funny to me also.

Processing out of RI. Has anyone completed the interview there? If so, did you interview day 1 and poly the following day? My COE came via email.
      COEs are still coming I guess. I spoke too soon with my previous post thinking I was out of the process since I hadn't received one. I got mine in the mail on Friday. Came standard USPS. Lesson learned. Mine merely asked to confirm acknowledgement and wait to be contacted afterword for an interview date and time.

Comment

• Awesome. Hopefully your good luck swings others way.

Comment

• Yes please send whatever good ju ju you have my way......

Comment

• I received my COE today.

Comment

• Originally posted by INcop312 View Post
              I received my COE today.
              Received mine also. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Where will you be testing out of? Email or USPS?

Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
                Received mine also. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eyesontarget View Post
                  Where will you be testing out of? Email or USPS?
                  No test. Interview and poly sometime next month in Chicago. USPS. That's all I know currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                    Also, how many people did a cover letter? They are practically for required for private sector positions, but seem to be hit or miss for Federal jobs. I've always done one to be safe, but I don't know if they are ever even a factor in the selection process. I know private sector companies that won't even look at a resume if there isn't an attached cover letter.
                    I think this is a good point. As has been noted, there is no requirement for a cover letter. Absent any hard and fast rules with respect to cover letters, I would suggest that applicants consider the potential benefits of a clear, relevant and logical cover letter. From what I’ve heard, the reality is that most vacancy announcements receive thousands of resumes from applicants, who possess a wide range of qualifications. So the next challenge is determining what else can be done to further set oneself apart from the herd? A resume provides qualifications in terms of knowledge, skills and experience, but it doesn’t really provide context. It doesn’t explain why an applicant left one job for another, nor does it doesn’t explain why the applicant held certain jobs. Of course, the answers to the questions may not serve the applicant's interest. However, for those that it would serve, a cover letter offers the potential to put one’s resume in context by using a narrative style to tie everything together, in terms of one’s KSAs, work history, and why one is applying to a specific agency. It seems to me that a cover letter not only gives the HR folks a better sense about the why the applicant is applying and why the applicant thinks they would be a good person to hire, but it can also serve a couple of other collateral goals. It offers the applicant a free shot at demonstrating his/her written communication skills, as well as sense of initiative, since the applicant did something that was not required. Just some grist for the mill.

Comment

• Errr.....unless it states a cover letter is needed (and they are not in Fed hiring) you're wasting your time.

Most (if not all) resumes go thru a filtering system looking for key words. The ones that meet enough key words are pushed forward to a real human that is at the GS5/6 level....and they may have 2-3 minutes to look over them before they are tossed into a keep going or out of the running pile.....

They are not going to take the time to read a cover letter....

I've seen some places actually boot folks from the process for failing to follow the process due to them adding all kinds of unasked for stuff.

My advice on any Fed gig is to read the announcement and follow it....

Comment

• Well another week since submitting the ROI and BI and nothing in the mail or email regarding a COE .

Comment

• You are not alone.....still waiting

Comment

• Eyesontarget/patroit772

I'm in the same boat as you. Sent back my ROI and BI a few weeks back and still haven't heard anything pertaining to the next step. However, being that I'm not new to the game of the federal government; prior military Special Agent with AFOSI, prior CBP Officer, and current civilian with the Air Force, I understand that this isn't going to be a overnight process. Like all things in the government, this process will be drawn out and depend on the current budget, agency agenda, and finally your HR representative. As well, if you do make it through the entire process and become an 1811, do not think that your cases will go that quick. Patients, peace, and low expectations will help you through this adventure and any career with the federal government.

Comment

• Has anyone completed the poly & interview for San Diego area

Comment

• Greetings to everyone, this is my first time posting on this thread. I received my COE last week and I was wondering how far everyone is in the process? Has anyone made it to the interview yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5371 users online. 327 members and 5044 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X