Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krash131 View Post
    Good luck to everyone in the process,

I recently had my interview with NCIS from the march announcement then received an email later in the day stating that I am out of the process and there are more qualified applicants. However from the interview I will say that they are looking to hire approx 60 this year and up to 100 next fy if funding allows.
    Sorry to hear that. Are all hires going to be from the March 2014 announcement? Or any possible future announcements?

Comment

• Well there are still a few of us left from the 2013 announcement. Hopefully, some of us can make it into an upcoming academy.

Comment

• What's the hold up? How's the timeline from this year's announcement compare to last year's?
        USPIS 2011
        US OPM 2009-2011
        US CBP 2007-2009
        USANG 2006
        USMC 2002-2006
        H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
        MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Seems to me from what some have posted for experiences so far that this last announcement is going pretty damn fast .

Comment

• I wonder if we're going to get a "Thanks, but no thanks" e-mail if we aren't selected for a COE. got the e-mail regarding with the ROI/background form., but nothing since. I'm pretty sure that means I'm out of the running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
              I wonder if we're going to get a "Thanks, but no thanks" e-mail if we aren't selected for a COE. got the e-mail regarding with the ROI/background form., but nothing since. I'm pretty sure that means I'm out of the running.
              I think that the only reason someone would be out of the running after the ROI/Background forms would be because of suitability issues. If you got the ROI/Background forms then I think it is just a matter of time before you get a COE. I have no clue how they are sending out COE's because I got one when there are much more qualified people on here that haven't. I would say that unless you received a letter stating you're out you should consider yourself still in. IF you have obvious red flags in your background then maybe you should be worried but I think most of us on here are current/former LE so we should all be good.
              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• So are COE letters coming via usps or email? I'm seeing both on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                  So are COE letters coming via usps or email? I'm seeing both on here.
                  I've heard both. Applicants testing out of D.C got an e-mail from what I heard. Others testing out of RI got COE through USPS. What's interesting to me is that I've heard people from the D.C area have to interview in RI and, in addition, D.C wasn't even an option as an office to go to. So why are applicants going to D.C to interview?

On another note........still waiting on that COE

Comment

• Interview and Poly complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elohcinlp_21 View Post
                      Interview and Poly complete.
                      Wow, moving pretty quick. What FO did you interview at? How do you think the poly went?
                      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        I think that the only reason someone would be out of the running after the ROI/Background forms would be because of suitability issues. If you got the ROI/Background forms then I think it is just a matter of time before you get a COE.
                        That's why I think I won't get one because I only received the background questionnaire, but no ROI

Congrats on the poly and interview sir!
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Everything was done at Great Lakes. I was told I passed the Poly, which I knew going in because its all about being truthful

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                            That's why I think I won't get one because I only received the background questionnaire, but no ROI

Congrats on the poly and interview sir!
                            There are few people that were sent their ROI's with their COE from what I heard.

I have to believe that candidates referred from this announcement wouldn't just be discarded after less than a month. I would think they would at least hold onto this list of candidates until at least the next announcement. If we didn't hear anything by September of this year then I would say we are out of the running on this announcement. I'm trying to stay positive here.......
                            Last edited by patriot772; 05-23-2014, 03:18 PM. Reason: stupid computer

Comment

• You all need to relax. Its only been less than 2 months. Its not going to be that fast. Thousands of names to go through plus all the other work to do. Forget about it, let it surprise you one day.

Comment

• I agree with the above poster. I applied for the 2013 announcement. It was 5 months before I received a COE. Another 2 months until I did the panel interview and an additional 3 months until I did the poly. Combining the panel interview and the poly should speed things up slightly. However, the bottom line is you are going to be waiting around for anything that involves federal hiring. There are many examples of people taking 2-4 years to complete the hiring process, just look at the current USMS thread.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7499 users online. 415 members and 7084 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X