X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It came via email.
    Last edited by Ranger175; 05-16-2014, 06:24 PM. Reason: Spelling
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
      Did anyone get the BI questionnaire but not the ROI. That was my case forever ago.
      Originally posted by ELCID05 View Post
      I'm in the same situation. Received the BI questionnaire around Easter and then nothing since.
      i just hope i wasnt supposed to get a release information and didnt, and miss out altogether. but if that is how it was supposed to be, that's fine.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
        I got my BI packet and ROI today.
        When you say BI packet do you mean SF-86 or the background questionnaire that a lot of us received a few weeks ago? Thanks.
        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• The background questionnaire .
          BPA -
          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Question for the current NCIS Agents: I am filling out the office preference sheet and I have a question about the Central field office. It's located in Great Lakes, IL. Subordinate offices include: NCISRA Pensacola, FL; NCISRA Corpus Christi, TX; NCISRA Dallas, TX; NCISRA Memphis, TN; NCISRA New Orleans, LA; and NCISRA Gulfport, MS. Is that mean if I get central field office as my first duty location, I will be station at Great Lakes and travel to the south all the time? Or I may get one of these locations in the south and/or Great Lakes? Thanks.
            USPIS 2011
            US OPM 2009-2011
            US CBP 2007-2009
            USANG 2006
            USMC 2002-2006
            H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
            MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• While I am not an NCIS 1811 I have 3.5 years of 1811 experience with another agency (currently in NCIS process as a May 2013 applicant). I have had several conversations with current NCIS SA's and I have asked the same question.

Per my conversations I have been told that the focus is on sending new hires to the large field offices where you will work general crim the first two years. The large field office experience offers new hires a good general crim foundation with alot of experience early on. It is also a better environment to show a new hire the ropes. I was told this is the model NCIS is going to utilize with new hires over the next fiscal year.

So if you complete the process and get the phone call you are most likely getting stationed at Great Lakes if you get Central, Mayport for the Southeast, Silverdale for Northwest, San Diego for the Southwest, and so on. You may get a smaller NCISRA office if you have a special skill set or that office is really, really low on manpower. However new hires going to small offices is the exception rather than the norm. You may have opportunities to travel around your area to work leads, cases, TDY's, etc.

Any current NCIS 1811's feel free to correct me if the above information is not correct. Best of luck in the process!

Comment

• Would you be able to explain what the hiring process is like so far?

Comment

• Got my COE via snail mail yesterday.
                  Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Just so I'm tracking, the request for information and background questionarre sheet are coming via email (as mine did). The conditional offer of employment is being sent out via the postal service (which is rather strange)?

Side note: ROI at my agency is Report of Investigation, as I assume are most other federal agencies...I giggle each time I see ROI on here.

Like many others I am waiting on the COE...

Comment

• My ROI and background questionnaire came via email and my COE through USPS, don't know how it's worked for everyone. The COE requires you to contact someone in HR who then schedules an interview for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        My ROI and background questionnaire came via email and my COE through USPS, don't know how it's worked for everyone. The COE requires you to contact someone in HR who then schedules an interview for you.
                        When did your ROI and Background Questionnaire come??

Comment

• I'm going to install a wireless webcam inside my mailbox, with a sensor on the door that emails me when the mail arrives. That way its like an email if I get lucky enough to receive one. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                            When did your ROI and Background Questionnaire come??
                            Like 2-3 weeks ago, I believe I got them a few days to a week after you got yours.
                            Last edited by 3531Marine; 05-21-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                              Like 2-2 weeks ago, I believe I got them a few days to a week after you got yours.
                              Yeah, I only got the Background questionnaire. Not the ROI. This waiting is killing me.

Comment

• For those who got the coe and the email from the SSA: do you have to call RI for interview time? Email only provided the dates. Thanks.
                                USPIS 2011
                                US OPM 2009-2011
                                US CBP 2007-2009
                                USANG 2006
                                USMC 2002-2006
                                H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                                MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2398 users online. 168 members and 2230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X