300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
    Great Bearcat..watched you post for some time now(yes i've been around too) Good Luck!
    If I get a phone call this week from something else going on.... this will be over as quick as it started... LOL...

Comment

• well good luck with that "call".. hahahha you must be the only one waiting for such a thing haha
      but really Hope it comes through( that is unless im next on the list)
      Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      If I get a phone call this week from something else going on.... this will be over as quick as it started... LOL...

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
        well good luck with that "call".. hahahha you must be the only one waiting for such a thing haha
        but really Hope it comes through( that is unless im next on the list)
        Thanks...I get this call.... I will be happy as hell....as this has been dragging on since Mid Dec and I never thought it would be ending up good like it appears to be.

As stated...we shall see...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          Thanks...I get this call.... I will be happy as hell....as this has been dragging on since Mid Dec and I never thought it would be ending up good like it appears to be.

As stated...we shall see...
          there was a NCIS December vacancy?
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            there was a NCIS December vacancy?
            Completely different gig......

Comment

• How is it a different gig? Can you explain?

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                Would COE's go out before an interview is conducted? Promet, any insight as to how it has been done in the past?
                I think this has been address by someone else, but yeah, you'll get a letter stating you're eligible if you complete all of the hiring steps, to include the panel interview. As far as the rumors about not being interviewed go, those are just wild rumors. My agency may not be perfect, but I'd be shocked if we hired an 1811 without conducting an interview.

When you get interviewed the panel will consist of three agents. They'll be at least one supervisory agent and one street agent on the panel. Just be honest, straightforward, and use common sense. Be confident in yourself, but do not come across as a braggart or bull****ter. There are no trick questions or pop quizzes. Just make sure you know a little bit about the agency. I would at the very least read through this thread and do a couple Google searches before you show up.

PS I am amazed at how many aspiring NCIS Special Agents haven't bothered to take the 15 minutes to read through this thread. I keep getting messages asking me to explain things that have been covered five or more times already. This is a job that requires the ability to conduct independent research, and everytime I get one of these messages I think, "I hope we don't hire this person."

Comment

Not sure what that is..... but this is what is stated from HR if you get an email from them....:

New hires (with the exception of current 1811 series Criminal
                  Investigators) must successfully complete the Criminal Investigator
                  Training Program (CITP) and the NCIS Special Agent Basic Training
                  Program (SABTP), located at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
                  (FLETC) in Glynco, GA. However, current series 1811 Criminal
                  Investigators that have successfully completed an accredited CITP will
                  only be required to successfully complete the NCIS SABTP course.
                  Failure to successfully complete the training program(s) will result in
                  separation.
                  I was curious and so I checked our policy on this. Essentially, the only people who aren't required to go to CITP are current 1811s who have already graduated from CITP or from the FBI or DEA special agent training. There is an exception for some former USMC CID agents who were NCIS Marine Special Agents, but the policy is that people should have CITP or the DEA/FBI 1811 training.

Comment

• Originally posted by dh3521 View Post
                    How is it a different gig? Can you explain?
                    Dude...its a completely different gig than this.....COMPLETELY.....

IF I get picked up, I'm out of this....and a few other things I've applied/in the running for....

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
                      I was curious and so I checked our policy on this. Essentially, the only people who aren't required to go to CITP are current 1811s who have already graduated from CITP or from the FBI or DEA special agent training. There is an exception for some former USMC CID agents who were NCIS Marine Special Agents, but the policy is that people should have CITP or the DEA/FBI 1811 training.

promet,

What about recently separated 1811s who have completed FLETC-CITP? I understand the response from the hiring folks is that it depends on when you completed the training, however; wouldn't the time you separated from the 1811 position also come into play? I'm assuming you're with NCIS? In my former agency, they give you 2 years from the time you were employed as an 1811...if you go past that timeframe, you will need to redo CITP...

Comment

Dude...its a completely different gig than this.....COMPLETELY.....

IF I get picked up, I'm out of this....and a few other things I've applied/in the running for....
                        haha.......*STOMP STOMP* COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GIG! Just so you know, We don't apply anywhere else but NCIS these days! *sarcasm*

Comment

• Originally posted by EOD View Post
                          promet,

What about recently separated 1811s who have completed FLETC-CITP? I understand the response from the hiring folks is that it depends on when you completed the training, however; wouldn't the time you separated from the 1811 position also come into play? I'm assuming you're with NCIS? In my former agency, they give you 2 years from the time you were employed as an 1811...if you go past that timeframe, you will need to redo CITP...
                          I'm a NCIS 1811, but am not involved in hiring or policy. I believe NCIS allows you up to three years from the date of separation as an 1811 before the require you to redo CITP.

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
                            I'm a NCIS 1811, but am not involved in hiring or policy. I believe NCIS allows you up to three years from the date of separation as an 1811 before the require you to redo CITP.
                            Thanks! That makes a lot more sense than simply asking when you completed FLETC/CITP...

Comment

• I received a referral for Camp Lejeune.
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• AOTE=Ranger175;3464000]I received a referral for Camp Lejeune.[/QUOTE]

I received the referral for GS 9 Lejeune also. By the way interviews and Poly's the day after the interview are also being scheduled. I am not part of this group. I just know people that are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14702 users online. 436 members and 14266 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X