300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
    someone has already debunked this; they said their friend who is an 1811 with NCIS said the BA is no longer required. this is further backed by me asking the supervisor SA who emailed me about the degree requirement, and they said i meet the minimum requirements (i dont have a degree).

website is probably out of date. last two NCIS announcements didnt have the degree requirement
    Ditto no degree and I also asked.

Comment

• hmm. interesting.

HOwever, willing to bet that although you meet min. requirements, the BA will come in handy when you're stacked.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811hunter View Post
        hmm. interesting.

HOwever, willing to bet that although you meet min. requirements, the BA will come in handy when you're stacked.
        Depends, experience means just as much if not more. Referrals went out, if you made the cut I think a BA alone will do you no good from that point on. A degree will get you in the door, that's about it. Professional work experience, military, current LEO status means more.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
          Professional work experience, military, current LEO status means more.
          FYI..... they hire folks from entry level with just a degree to all the way up to what you are posting above. Its all about how you present yourself during the process that will get you the job....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            FYI..... they hire folks from entry level with just a degree to all the way up to what you are posting above. Its all about how you present yourself during the process that will get you the job....

Granted it's an entry level position; however, judging off the experience some have that have been referred it's highly unlikely a college grad would have been referrred.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
              Granted it's an entry level position; however, judging off the experience some have that have been referred it's highly unlikely a college grad would have been referrred.
              Talking to the guys/gals out here....it happens. If someone has something stellar in their background or did very well at the interview.....or has a major they did well in that the agency is wanting their experience....it could well happen.

Not sure if you've gone thru US Gov hiring....but ANYTHING is possible......especially with this being entry level.

Comment

• There are plenty of us with no degree that have been referred. I echo the comments made here that experience is huge especially in this line of work. I have sat on many hiring panels with my current agency (local PD) and I will tell you someone with X amount of Police experience sits far above someone with no experience but has a degree in the vast majority of cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmking3 View Post
                  There are plenty of us with no degree that have been referred. I echo the comments made here that experience is huge especially in this line of work. I have sat on many hiring panels with my current agency (local PD) and I will tell you someone with X amount of Police experience sits far above someone with no experience but has a degree in the vast majority of cases.
                  I have to agree, I worked at a local PD and I agree experience investigating crimes and understanding how to read people takes a lot experience that college degree cannot give.
                  BPA -
                  Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                  TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Does NCIS have a college intern program? When I was down at FLETC last summer it looked like half the class, all BS aside, wasn't a day over 22-23.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grizz View Post
                      Does NCIS have a college intern program? When I was down at FLETC last summer it looked like half the class, all BS aside, wasn't a day over 22-23.
                      They do and from what I hear they can be directly hired afterwards.
                      Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                        They do and from what I hear they can be directly hired afterwards.
                        NCIS tends to hire a hanful of prior interns each class; however, in theory, interns have to go through the same selection process as regular applicants.

I've never seen official statistics, but I'd guess our agency is made up of 20% former military, 30% former LEOs, and the other half is a grab bag. I think coming to NCIS without prior military or law enforcement experience is a mistake, but my opinion does't really matter.

Comment

• I'm a Dhs employee of 3.5 years at the gs7 level with an associates and I was referred for every location I selected. I was a little surprised but it talked to a local SA here and he pretty much explained everything said in the posts above, wish everyone good luck!

Comment

• Got two more referrals GS-9 for Silverdale and Great Lakes. They weren't lying about how long vetting applications would take.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a number to the HQ HR Office. I've been referred for all the locations up to the GS09. I already have a DOD Security Clearance. I also have a Navy Reserve Intell TS/SCI that is being reviewed. Would all of that and having a FLETC-CITP equal course completed. Speed up some of the process. I know that it still takes months but was just courious. Please send me a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by k9james View Post
                                Does anyone know if there is a number to the HQ HR Office. I've been referred for all the locations up to the GS09. I already have a DOD Security Clearance. I also have a Navy Reserve Intell TS/SCI that is being reviewed. Would all of that and having a FLETC-CITP equal course completed. Speed up some of the process. I know that it still takes months but was just courious. Please send me a PM.
                                The hiring process and background investigation requirement have been explained multiple times in this thread. Read through it and it will answer 99% of your questions. HR will contact you if you are selected to go further along in the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10879 users online. 416 members and 10463 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X