Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next is a letter that says welcome to the hiring pool or sorry, try again next time. Or in rare cases like my buddy last december, you dont get a letter but a call asking if you want the job but I have only heard of that happening once. Ask your recruiter when the next hiring panel is and that should give you an idea when to expect a letter. My recruiter told me second week in oct they were having a panel and I received a letter end of second week in oct. I applied in Sept. 07 so I have been going through the process longer then most but hopefully the journey is almost done. Its funny, I applied and heard nothing for a little over a year, then I got a fed leo job and the whole process was done in 9 months. My point is, dont turn down other jobs while waiting for this one. That next job could help you get this one which it may have done for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thermal View Post
      I'm still waiting to hear back from NCIS. It's still states Pending BI...here is a time line of my process.

Applied - Oct 2008
      Panel - June 2009
      BI started - June 2009
      Physical(medical)/drug test - Aug 2009

The wait is killing me.

Can any one tell me, what I can expect next?

Thank You.
      Wow Thermal. You actually have a very quick timeline. I am similar to airisfine. The wait does hurt, but oh how worth it it will be! Based on my own personal predictive analysis looking at dates in older posts when others received their letters over the past 2 years, my guess is the next wave of hiring pool letters will go out around late December 2009/ early January 2010. That is pure speculation so take it for what it is worth, but it does seem that they do hiring pool boards about once a quarter.

Oh yeah, and when you do get the hiring pool letter. It is thin. So don't immediately think it is negative. I did at first, thinking it was the dreaded "thin letter" so I was initially disappointed, then seeing the congrats in the first few sentences, I went running down the street cheering, leaving the rest of my mail in the street. It was an emotional rollercoaster day for me! :-)

For your FYI and own personal figuring, my timeline was as follows:

Applied - December 2005. Wait a year phone call due to recent PRK surgery
      Applied - June 2007
      Favorably Reviewed - December 2007
      Initial Testing - May 2008
      Pre-Interview - June 2008
      Panel - August 2008
      BI Initiated - March 2009
      Medical - June 2009
      Hiring Pool - September 2009
      Last edited by nFury8; 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nFury8 View Post
        Oh yeah, and when you do get the hiring pool letter. It is thin. So don't immediately think it is negative. I did at first, thinking it was the dreaded "thin letter" so I was initially disappointed, then seeing the congrats in the first few sentences, I went running down the street cheering, leaving the rest of my mail in the street. It was an emotional rollercoaster day for me! :-)
        LoL! Wait until you get the call! I was out running radar in my patrol cruiser when I got it, and was a stuttering baffoon the entire conversation.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey, thank you for the replies.

btw, I was reading some other forums and came across this..

"The important news is that the agent running my app confirmed with me today that June 2010 is the first FLETC class and depending on budget, some may be hired earlier to do office-type work until they leave for FLETC. She mentioned those with language and cyber skills are important to NCIS, which should help you in the pool ranking. Also, she is not aware of when the next hiring board is going to be."

Comment

Originally posted by thermal View Post
            Hey, thank you for the replies.

btw, I was reading some other forums and came across this..

"The important news is that the agent running my app confirmed with me today that June 2010 is the first FLETC class and depending on budget, some may be hired earlier to do office-type work until they leave for FLETC. She mentioned those with language and cyber skills are important to NCIS, which should help you in the pool ranking. Also, she is not aware of when the next hiring board is going to be."
            Yep, June 2010 seems to be the word going around. However, as of earlier this week, airisfine posed that a few of his buddies received "the call" and are reporting in already. Apparently, NCIS is piecemilling who they can into FO's. I'm sure the FO's are just as anxious as we are to get folks in!

I'm not sure the OPTEMPO of FLETC and the CITP course, but it will be interesting to see if any calls start going out for whenever the next next CITP course will be. I'm holding my breath...lets hope I don't pass out

Comment

Just talked to NCIS. First time since hiring pool letter. Hopefully an offer is around the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by airisfine View Post
                Just talked to NCIS. First time since hiring pool letter. Hopefully an offer is around the corner.
                Awesome!

I hope to hear from them too!

Comment

I got an email last week from HQ asking me to update my info and asked me again for my top three choices. They claimed that they were just updating the system. I didn't think much into it, but today I got another email asking if I would be available for the Sping 2010 class in February. Of course the email also said that this did not mean I would be in the class, they were just checking availability at this point. I am not going to get much sleep in these next couple months!!

Anyone else heard anything??

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful15 View Post
                    I got an email last week from HQ asking me to update my info and asked me again for my top three choices.
                    I'll caveat this by saying this isn't directed at hopeful15 or anyone specifically.

Just remember that if you ask for locations that are already filled, it may delay you being brought on board. I told HQ when I was in the application process that I was willing to go anywhere they wanted to send me, BUT, don't tell them this if you don't mean it. If your family situation would proclude you from moving across the country if hired, be realistic in what you are willing to accept. Just realize if your top 3 locations are 1-2 agent offices in your home town, you may be making it difficult for you to be hired.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Great news hopeful! I hope you get the call soon. If you don't mind my asking, what does your hiring process timeline look like?

Comment

• I was just told that my packet was sent to the hiring board today. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by hopeful15 View Post
                          I got an email last week from HQ asking me to update my info and asked me again for my top three choices. They claimed that they were just updating the system. I didn't think much into it, but today I got another email asking if I would be available for the Sping 2010 class in February. Of course the email also said that this did not mean I would be in the class, they were just checking availability at this point. I am not going to get much sleep in these next couple months!!

Anyone else heard anything??
                          Hopeful15,

Just received the same email! Definitely stoked. I wonder when the calls will start going out.

Comment

• All we need is 28 people that are available and were are good to go

Comment

• My boss has friends in high places over there and said they are starting to ramp up the process

Comment

• Originally posted by airisfine View Post
                                All we need is 28 people that are available and were are good to go
                                10-4!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8461 users online. 383 members and 8078 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X