300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LE View Post
    What location is everyone receiving Security Questionnaire from? Received referred from Norfolk and Mayport but no additional info.

Masters, 5 point vet, current GS with TS and prior 1811 status with military.
    It came from NCIS HQ.

Comment

• What locations were you referred to?

Comment

• Originally posted by LE View Post
        What locations were you referred to?
        All of them except Lejeune.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Hope to see some movement from my two referrals.

Comment

• How are people getting referred without Bachelors? This seems like it was a really strict requirement, hard to imagine they waive this just because one has experience. Not knocking on those without, but just saying.

Comment

• I received the ROI with the Security Questionnaire. I was referred to Norfolk and Mayport.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811hunter View Post
                How are people getting referred without Bachelors? This seems like it was a really strict requirement, hard to imagine they waive this just because one has experience. Not knocking on those without, but just saying.
                It was not listed as a requirement in the latest posting - things have apparently changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                  I received the ROI with the Security Questionnaire. I was referred to Norfolk and Mayport.
                  Were there two attachments in your email?

I received only one with the security questionnaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian2012 View Post
                    Were there two attachments in your email?

I received only one with the security questionnaire.
                    I'd contact the person who sent you the e-mail and check to make sure you weren't supposed to get two forms. I got an e-mail from an NCIS HR lady and it had both the background form and the ROI form attached.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                      I received the ROI with the Security Questionnaire. I was referred to Norfolk and Mayport.
                      BoricuaLEO,

Are you a current 1811 or have foreign language? I was referred to the same locations but haven't receive any emails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cyber_Saint View Post
                        I'd contact the person who sent you the e-mail and check to make sure you weren't supposed to get two forms. I got an e-mail from an NCIS HR lady and it had both the background form and the ROI form attached.
                        I wonder if this issue has to do with who is sending it??? I got SQ from a Supervisory SA rather than somebody just from HR.

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                          I wonder if this issue has to do with who is sending it??? I got SQ from a Supervisory SA rather than somebody just from HR.
                          Same for me and no ROI.

Comment

• I received the not referred email. I'm a little surprised that I wasn't at least minimally qualified... Current 1811, 5 point vet, and bachelors.

Comment

• AFAIK, most if not all agencies now use a category based system for rating candidates, based on the federal government's "hiring reform" enacted in 2010. Example: Best qualified, highly qualified, (minimally) qualified. A 10-pt vet who meets minimal qualifications will get put in the best qualified category automatically. A 5 pt vet will go ahead of non-vets in their category. Those getting referrals are likely in the best qualified category.

Here's a guide on the DON's website about the category system: http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Emp..._factsheet.pdf

As with *ALL* Federal jobs, not everyone who gets referred will get an interview.

Disclaimer: I'm not an HR rep by any means, but I've got quite a few federal applications under my belt.
                              View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                              http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Also take into consideration this is an excepted service position. Essentially they can hire who they want. Vet preference points do not move you automatically to the top of the list.
                                Current FLEO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16968 users online. 422 members and 16546 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X