Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So for those of us already current FLEOA and with a recently renewed TS, they are going to go through and do everything again anyways? Lots of money wasted there it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eyesontarget View Post
      So for those of us already current FLEOA and with a recently renewed TS, they are going to go through and do everything again anyways? Lots of money wasted there it seems.
      NCIS will be doing their own interviews 2A I think it's called, reference checks etc. and re-using our SSBI's if they're within the last 5 years. This is the rumor i've been told.

Comment

• Received the Security Questionnaire early this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
          Received the Security Questionnaire early this morning.
          just received mine also.

Comment

• So maybe they'll use this questionnaire to weed out a few applicants and then they'll begin the interviews? Has anyone who is NOT a current federal LEO received this questionnaire?
            Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by cuffs309 View Post
              Anyone with NO degree been referred or received a security questionnaire?
              Yes, I have no degree but am a fleo. No release of information email though. Im guessing those who got those are in the best qualified group.

Question: does currently being in the military reserves with no disability or tours into a war zone qualify you for the five points veterans status?
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                Yes, I have no degree but am a fleo. No release of information email though. Im guessing those who got those are in the best qualified group.

Question: does currently being in the military reserves with no disability or tours into a war zone qualify you for the five points veterans status?

Nope! Seriously doubt those who got the release of information email are BQ group.

Comment

• My question those who got the release of information email are you guys vets (5points) or disabled vets (10points)?

Comment

• Question: does currently being in the military reserves with no disability or tours into a war zone qualify you for the five points veterans status?
                    Short answer, no just being in the reserves does not qualify you. See below for long answer. (basically reservist has to have been deployed first)

5-Point Preference

Five points are added to the passing examination score or rating of a veteran who served:
                    During a war; or
                    During the period April 28, 1952 through July 1, 1955; or
                    For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955, and before October 15, 1976; or
                    During the Gulf War from August 2, 1990, through January 2, 1992; or
                    For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom; or
                    In a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized. Any Armed Forces Expeditionary medal or campaign badge, including El Salvador, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Southwest Asia, Somalia, and Haiti, qualifies for preference.

A campaign medal holder or Gulf War veteran who originally enlisted after September 7, 1980, (or began active duty on or after October 14, 1982, and has not previously completed 24 months of continuous active duty) must have served continuously for 24 months or the full period called or ordered to active duty. The 24-month service requirement does not apply to 10-point preference eligibles separated for disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty, or to veterans separated for hardship or other reasons under 10 U.S.C. 1171 or 1173.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                      My question those who got the release of information email are you guys vets (5points) or disabled vets (10points)?
                      Neither...just a Fed with a B.S.

Comment

• NCO forever thanks. Looks like I'll never get veterans status points. Bummer.
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                          So maybe they'll use this questionnaire to weed out a few applicants and then they'll begin the interviews? Has anyone who is NOT a current federal LEO received this questionnaire?
                          Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                            So maybe they'll use this questionnaire to weed out a few applicants and then they'll begin the interviews? Has anyone who is NOT a current federal LEO received this questionnaire?
                            I am not a current federal LEO. I am a former federal LEO, current local LEO, 10 point veteran.

Comment

• Any truth to the rumor that there aren't going to be interviews?? Someone told me that there aren't going to be interviews and pointed out to me that the announcement said the "selecting official may choose to conduct interviews, and once the selection is made, you will received notification of the decision." So basically there won't be interviews unless absolutely necessary?? Sounds a little far fetched to me but I guess anything's possible...........

Comment

• Received my Security Questionnaire this morning. Funny thing is I also received referrals for Norfolk and Mayport a second time. Both 07/09. Guess they forgot they had already sent that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9571 users online. 489 members and 9082 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X