300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roadrunner17 View Post
    I applied for all locations but for the GS7 only, have received 2 no referrals but both were for GS9,
    I have received the same amount, but just got the denial from Mayport today. I would assume that I'm in the running for GS7, since I did apply to the 7 and the 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmking3 View Post
      As far as the job, I am not quite sure what your referring to. It's a SA for NCIS which starts at GS7 or 9 DOQ and progresses to GS13 (which is prob senior SA), so maybe some confusion on your part.

The grades are listed on each of the emails you got, reread them.

Sorry if I am seeming blunt, just trying to help.
      I understand the job and the title and what it entails, but if the website and the email say a BA is required to be a Special Agent (does not state that requirement is for a Senior Special Agent), I don't see how this could be the same. I guess I am looking at it from a current gov't employee perspective (as most of us are); there is no grey with the govt, it is black and white. And the black and white is i don't qualify for this job based on their information emailed as of this week.

This excerpt from the vacancy is what makes me feel like this is a position such as 'assistant to a special agent' or something like that:
      "Selectees from this announcement will participate in an intensive training program intended to prepare them for possible promotion to Senior Criminal Investigator positions with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. At the full performance level, investigative assignments are principally of the sabotage, espionage, and counterespionage categories."

Sorry if all I'm saying doesn't make sense.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        This excerpt from the vacancy is what makes me feel like this is a position such as 'assistant to a special agent' or something like that:
        "Selectees from this announcement will participate in an intensive training program intended to prepare them for possible promotion to Senior Criminal Investigator positions with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. At the full performance level, investigative assignments are principally of the sabotage, espionage, and counterespionage categories."
        I would ignore the previous vacancy to which you applied and go off of the correct one. Here it is for reference:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/362476400
        View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
        http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
          I would ignore the previous vacancy to which you applied and go off of the correct one. Here it is for reference:

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/362476400
          10-4 thanks for the link.

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            I understand the job and the title and what it entails, but if the website and the email say a BA is required to be a Special Agent (does not state that requirement is for a Senior Special Agent), I don't see how this could be the same. I guess I am looking at it from a current gov't employee perspective (as most of us are); there is no grey with the govt, it is black and white. And the black and white is i don't qualify for this job based on their information emailed as of this week.

Sorry if all I'm saying doesn't make sense.
            There in lies the confusion on my part, I never saw that on the posting I applied for. Sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmking3 View Post
              There in lies the confusion on my part, I never saw that on the posting I applied for. Sorry.
              No apologies needed sir, we are all walking in the haze together it sounds like.

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
                Have not received a referral for any location OR GS grade. Just one not referred to Norfolk at GS 9. Don't remember if you had to select GS 7 even if you had a masters for consideration. When I look back at my answers, I just put GS 9. Hopefully I hear something soon on them. Seems like most have heard back on Mayport but I haven't. Dont think anyone has heard on Lejune.
                I have been referred to Lejeune.

Comment

• Same here. Referred to Lejeune for both 7/9.

Comment

• From what I have a read the hiring process has changed can anyone give me an idea of what the process looks like now from start to finish. Thank you.

Comment

• I don't have a BA I am a 10 point vet and current FEDLEO w 6c coverage and I was referred for GS9 a buddy I work with said he knows a SA in the San Diego SAC and said a BA is no longer required, nor was it listed on the vacancy announcement unlike USPS FBI etc. If anything their website is out of date.

Comment

• Well I'm a 10 point Marine vet, 8 years LEO with investigative experience, BS degree, halfway through MS, and I got my rejection letter for Newport GS-9. I applied for all locations, but I think I may have shot myself in the foot because I only selected GS-9 (ICE rated me as GS-9 two years ago with less experience, so I figured that was a safe choice). I just hope I still have a shot with the other locations.
                        "These aren't my pants"

Comment

• Originally posted by GixxerSteve View Post
                          Well I'm a 10 point Marine vet, 8 years LEO with investigative experience, BS degree, halfway through MS, and I got my rejection letter for Newport GS-9. I applied for all locations, but I think I may have shot myself in the foot because I only selected GS-9 (ICE rated me as GS-9 two years ago with less experience, so I figured that was a safe choice). I just hope I still have a shot with the other locations.
                          I have a strange feeling they are picking current federal employees over non for the BI and to speed up the process. I am just speculating but you have more than enough experience for this entry level position.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtothawhat View Post
                            I have a strange feeling they are picking current federal employees over non for the BI and to speed up the process. I am just speculating but you have more than enough experience for this entry level position.
                            I don't think that's necessarily true. There seems to be no logical explanation for who got picked based on qualifications listed here, so I am left to believe it really comes down to your answers to the KSA questions along with your experience / resume, etc. Think "entire package".

One piece of advise I would suggest to anyone looking to go to an agency that requires you to sign a mobility agreement is that you put in for ALL the locations listed in the posting. If you pick and choose that has to say something to the people making the decisions about your actual willingness to "go anywhere" the agency needs you. Just my two cents.

Comment

Speculating..... trust me.... if you look at this thread they are grabbing folks all over the place....

US Gov hiring has no rhyme/reason to it.....

Comment

For the BI (2A), it doesn't really matter if you're a current fed or not. We do our own suitability investigation regardless of what clearance a person currently does or does not have. Having a TS/SCI clearance currently may make someone more attractive (I don't know if that is actually true), but our 2A is going to be done whether or not OPM has already done a SSBI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13051 users online. 493 members and 12558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X