300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
    I received the GS-9 not qualified email for Norfolk but I only applied for GS-7. Hopefully they will be sending out more emails.
    a piece of advice someone gave me when I started my federal career not too long ago is to never disqualify yourself when applying OPM jobs. short of the very obvious check all grades when applying. let them tell you no, not yourself.

I have received the initial email for every station I checked saying I am being considered. I have actually received all of the station emails twice. I applied either 2 or 3 months ago and apparently the vacancy I applied in got cancelled and all applicants were transferred to the most recent one so that may explain that.

does anyone have any insight regarding what exactly this position is for. the wording in the vacancy said would go to a rigorous training program with the chance of becoming a senior criminal investigator. So what does that mean if you don't get that chance, you are separated from the service?

also, I received an email that had the initial background form which I filled out and returned 2 days ago. In the email it listed all the requirements to be a criminal investigator within this agency, one of which is it to possess a four-year degree. This concurs with the NCIS website's requirements. I emailed the person who sent me the background form telling them I do not have a degree so therefore I would not be eligible. they then sent a reply saying I still met the minimum requirements for the job and to continue processing. so this further confuses me on exactly what the vacancy is hiring for.

lastly how do you tell what grade you qualify for at each station? When I see the emails saying I am being considered for selection I don't see any mention of the grade.

sorry for the long post and any spelling or grammar errors I am on duty right now using my phone
    Last edited by battlewagon; 04-26-2014, 02:44 PM.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• So since everybody is getting referral letters for both 7 and 9's, I'm getting denial letters for just the 9.

Does this mean I'm still being considered for the 7. Either way I've let this particular announcement go, but I just received another denial letter from Mayport, FL.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten the HQ BI/release packet been referred to SD or Camp Pen? From what I'm seeing those who have gotten theirs so far are ones who have been referred for the East coast.

Comment

• Originally posted by TROOP451 View Post
          You know what I have not seen, anyone say they were referred to Camp Lejeune NC yet. If I'm not mistaken that was on the list. If someone did post it I missed it.
          I checked everything except WA and IL. Born and raised in NC so it'd be close to home but man I don't know if I could live in Jacksonville NC ha. I THINK I received lejune email, I will check now but it's hard to check on my phone.
          Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
          So since everybody is getting referral letters for both 7 and 9's, I'm getting denial letters for just the 9.

Does this mean I'm still being considered for the 7. Either way I've let this particular announcement go, but I just received another denial letter from Mayport, FL.
          Pretty sure you're in until they say you aren't. So yes probably still being considered for 7.

I knew I would be a longshot candidate for this job but now after seeing all of yalls qualifications I know it's not going to happen ha but I'll stick with it until they say no

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post

...I just received another denial letter from Mayport, FL.
            I just recv the same. Still waiting on Lejune but don't think I'll get referred. Also not sure about being considered for GS 7 but that would be a huge paycut that I wouldn't be able to afford.

Comment

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
              I just recv the same. Still waiting on Lejune but don't think I'll get referred. Also not sure about being considered for GS 7 but that would be a huge paycut that I wouldn't be able to afford.
              The pay I'm at now........any appointment with agency XYZ whether 7 or 9 would be a pay increase for me, if the cost of living in that area is reasonable.

Comment

• To add to what others are posting I have received consideration emails for the following locations as a 9:

San Diego, CA
                Camp Pendleton
                Newport, RI
                Norfolk Virginia
                Mayport FL

However I have only received a 7 email for Mayport. Hmm. It is tough to navigate on my phone so I may be wrong but I just checked one by one on my phone.

a correction to my earlier post I have not received any emails regarding Camp Lejeune.

I was not a vet at the time of Application.

honor first

Comment

• Well I also have a current ssbi.

Just a word of advice as a federal leo if you guys don't already know, just go on living your life as if nothing has happened. You will stress yourself out over every little email and post on different websites.

I am still in the process for other jobs I've applied for as long ago as 2012. Being qualified is the best thing you can be and if you're getting the emails that said you're not referred don't let that discourage you in the future.

Make sure you have your resume in order because that is a huge part of the process. Make sure you are qualified for the position and you let them know in your resume. If the GS9 position requires you to have written and serve warrant makes sure you put that down just don't inflate your experience because they will find out and drop you from the process.

Comment

• I have gotten a lot of refferals but no paperwork to fill outor anything like that.
                    Current FLEO

Comment

So since everybody is getting referral letters for both 7 and 9's, I'm getting denial letters for just the 9.

I've been getting nothing but denial letters for the GS-09 positions too (until we hear otherwise, I think we are still in the running for the 7s). Just trying to take it all in stride though. Hopefully something positive will pop soon. Good luck to everyone getting the referrals!!
                      USSS-SA
                      Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                      Referred: 06/2014
                      Test Date: 07/13/2014
                      SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                      APAT: Passed w/ UD
                      SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                      COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                      SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                      POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                      BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                      HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                      MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                      THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• deleted, disregard

honor first

Comment

• Just got my referral for the Great Lakes region, only location I applied for.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                            a piece of advice someone gave me when I started my federal career not too long ago is to never disqualify yourself when applying OPM jobs. short of the very obvious check all grades when applying. let them tell you no, not yourself.

I have received the initial email for every station I checked saying I am being considered. I have actually received all of the station emails twice. I applied either 2 or 3 months ago and apparently the vacancy I applied in got cancelled and all applicants were transferred to the most recent one so that may explain that.

does anyone have any insight regarding what exactly this position is for. the wording in the vacancy said would go to a rigorous training program with the chance of becoming a senior criminal investigator. So what does that mean if you don't get that chance, you are separated from the service?

also, I received an email that had the initial background form which I filled out and returned 2 days ago. In the email it listed all the requirements to be a criminal investigator within this agency, one of which is it to possess a four-year degree. This concurs with the NCIS website's requirements. I emailed the person who sent me the background form telling them I do not have a degree so therefore I would not be eligible. they then sent a reply saying I still met the minimum requirements for the job and to continue processing. so this further confuses me on exactly what the vacancy is hiring for.

lastly how do you tell what grade you qualify for at each station? When I see the emails saying I am being considered for selection I don't see any mention of the grade.

sorry for the long post and any spelling or grammar errors I am on duty right now using my phone
                            The multiple referral letters are probably because you are being considered for multiple appointment types I.E. if you qualify for VRA then you got letters saying you were referred for that and then if you qualified in general from your experience, then you also got referred for that, thus the two letters for each location. I am in the same boat - I have received at this point 2-3 letters for each location for both GS7 & 9.

On a side note I also applied to this particular post as I saw there was no bachelors degree requirement. When I got the security questionnaire that listed it as a requirement I sent an email to the SSA and inquired and got the same response as you; basically I met the requirements and submit my packet which I did.

As far as the job, I am not quite sure what your referring to. It's a SA for NCIS which starts at GS7 or 9 DOQ and progresses to GS13 (which is prob senior SA), so maybe some confusion on your part.

The grades are listed on each of the emails you got, reread them.

Sorry if I am seeming blunt, just trying to help.

Comment

• I applied for all locations but for the GS7 only, have received 2 no referrals but both were for GS9,

Comment

The pay I'm at now........any appointment with agency XYZ whether 7 or 9 would be a pay increase for me, if the cost of living in that area is reasonable.
                                Actually not sure how it would end up for either bc I'm on the courts LE pay scale and at 28/7. Actually both would be a cut technically but locality and LEAP would it about the same I think for GS9.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11683 users online. 438 members and 11245 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X