300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dsb05c View Post
    Like others have said, I'm very confused as to what they are looking for. I know it seems simple but some vets get reffered then vets get denied. Im not a vet but have a masters. Was denied GS 9 for Norfolk location. Nothing from the others that I applied to. 5 years as US probation which is 6c covered ,(don't know why but feel this is hurting me). Hope it works out as I just want to work for this agency. Been a dream for a few years. Good luck to everyone.
    Did you get referred for GS 7?

Comment

• Been referred for Newport and Norfolk as GS-9. Thought I might see Pendelton come through when everybody else was getting letters but nothing there. I was contacted, before being referred for Norfolk, by an NCIS SA to complete a quick 5 pg security questionnaire. Beyond that, I have not received any BQA's for any grade levels. Hopefully Monday will bring a little more joy to people's lives.............

Comment

• Well, sadly I failed the polygraph a few weeks ago. Though I thought I was being truthful, I guess I wasn't to IA polygraph administrator. The main thing that got me was the drug question, thought I've never taken any illicit narcotic ever, I failed. I guess it is what it is, there is no point in crying. Though sad that I basically ****ed away 10 months, I'm still fairly happy that I got to experience the process. Good luck to everyone, I hope you get selected to continue on to FLETC. I just wanted to ask, has anyone ever contested the poly result? How long does it take to get the DQ letter? Though I was told I failed by the administrator, there's no point in jumping the gun if there's hope! Also, how long do I have to wait in order to reapply? I currently do work for DHS, I was just hoping this was my in for federal law enforcement...

Comment

• A few people pm me asking if this is the email for the background form. No, I filled out the background form on Thursday, this is the second email I got from HR Agent and it's for a release form. I sent it in last night as soon as I saw the email. Hope this help.
          USPIS 2011
          US OPM 2009-2011
          US CBP 2007-2009
          USANG 2006
          USMC 2002-2006
          H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
          MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

• Originally posted by AlreadyFedLeo View Post
            Did you get referred for GS 7?
            Have not received a referral for any location OR GS grade. Just one not referred to Norfolk at GS 9. Don't remember if you had to select GS 7 even if you had a masters for consideration. When I look back at my answers, I just put GS 9. Hopefully I hear something soon on them. Seems like most have heard back on Mayport but I haven't. Dont think anyone has heard on Lejune.

Comment

• Just received a referral for Pendelton and Silverdale. GS-9 and GS-7 respectively. Must be working on the weekend on these.

Comment

• Referred to Camp Pendelton, CA and San Diego GL-07. Only applied to CA locations. 4 years navy vet, Trusty Shellback, 5 points, BA in Crim J. 3.5 years Fed LEO.
                Last edited by Raidergx; 04-26-2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot772 View Post
                  Just received a referral for Pendelton and Silverdale. GS-9 and GS-7 respectively. Must be working on the weekend on these.
                  Same for me also.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubb18 View Post
                    For those who keep speaking of interviews you may want to re ready the announcement. "The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews."And according to HR they put a big emphasis on IF the selecting official wants to. In the gov there is no rhyme nor reason. They can do whatever the please as long as it within the regs. Just keep that in mind.
                    That being said, I really couldn't see any agency hiring people for a position like this without an interview. Unless they plan on using their background investigation as a means to evaluate us. The thing to take away from that statement from HR is that they don't HAVE to interview any of us just because we were referred, it's at their discretion who continues in the process. The good thing is that it sounds like these invitations to continue are coming from HQ and that they aren't for any specific location, which means they may not be hand picking who continues but just inviting everyone who's referred.
                    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by PATEL1990 View Post
                      Well, sadly I failed the polygraph a few weeks ago.
                      You should edit/delete your post - I think you meant for this to be in the CBP thread.
                      View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                      http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Email blew up this am with referrals to Pendleton, Silverdale, Mayport, Newport, and Norfolk. All at GS9 except Silverdale.

5pt vet, 10 years leo, BA degree, and two foreign languages.

Comment

• Congrats, I just received Camp Pendleton GS-7 so that makes 3 with the two GS-9 referrals at Newport and Norfolk about the same experience minus the language.

Comment

• Email this morning for Mayport, FL. I had received an email last week for Norfolk, VA.

Comment

• Since you guys are receiving referrals today I will expect my denial emails early nex week. Oh well, at least I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoricuaLEO View Post
                                Email this morning for Mayport, FL. I had received an email last week for Norfolk, VA.
                                I'm going to stop updating my referrals. I have so many referrals for GS 7 and GS 9 it would be pointless to keep updating. I would check application manager guys because I have more there then what has been emailed to me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10349 users online. 245 members and 10104 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X