300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
    Well my usajobs status changed to "not referred", so I am official out of the running. Good luck to everybody still processing.
    same here
    The only easy day was yesterday. - BUDS Instructor

Comment

• Well I have not received my security packet, but I did just get referred for Mayport. None of this makes any sense so far.

Comment

• Referred two weeks ago to SD just got a letter of referral for Camp Pen. as well, no security packet email yet.

Comment

• This the oddest referral process I have ever been a part of for an 1811 position.
          Last edited by liberty82; 04-26-2014, 12:53 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• So far only referred to Newport and Norfolk like a few of the other vets on here as someone else mentioned. Not that the federal government is that logical to begin with...... but if certain offices (like Norfolk and Newport) need a lot of new people that would make sense why so many people are getting referred to those locations. Perhaps the other offices that aren't hiring as many people are taking the ones that specifically requested those locations instead of all locations. Just pure speculation but it seems like all the people who selected almost all of the locations got referred to Norfolk and Newport.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
              Just talked to a friend of mine and his scenario is even weirder than most of us. He has no vet preference, bachelors degree, and four years fleo. He was only referred to Mayport FL two weeks ago and has been not been referred to Newport and Norfolk. He also has received his security pack to set up an interview.

This the oddest referral process I have ever been a part of applying to be an 1811.
              I have to agree with you. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this. Did your friend happen to say what was in the packet?

Comment

• So out of the people that have received security forms do all of you have at least a BA/BS degree? Those that have not been referred, do you have degrees? According to the NCIS website they require a degree in order to get hired (it may be outdated), so maybe that's what it is? I won't have a degree until August.

Another theory, maybe they are sending referrals/ security forms in order of when we applied? I submitted my application a few times, the last time being the day the announcement closed. When did the people who received security forms submit their apps and when did the rest of us submit ours?
                Last edited by 3531Marine; 04-25-2014, 07:53 PM.
                Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                  So out of the people that have received security forms do all of you have at least a BA/BS degree? Those that have not been referred, do you have degrees? According to the NCIS website they require a degree in order to get hired (it may be outdated), so maybe that's what it is? I won't have a degree until August.

Another theory, maybe they are sending referrals/ security forms in order of when we applied? I submitted my application a few times, the last time being the day the announcement closed. When did the people who received security forms submit their apps and when did the rest of us submit ours?
                  I resubmitted mine twice also, last day was my second submission. I found some spelling errors in my narratives. Your idea may be correct.

Comment

• Just to chime in and piggy back the no rhyme or reason, I applied to all locations for GS-7 and GS-9 pay grades. So far I have received nothing but non - referred emails for GS-9 positions for Newport, Norfolk, and Mayport. I am a 5-pt/13 year Navy Vet, BS and MBA in Homeland Security. Very confused at the process hearing other's results, but until I hear otherwise; I am still in the hunt for at least the GS-7 positions and a few of the GS-9s. Not holding my breath though.
                    USSS-SA
                    Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                    Referred: 06/2014
                    Test Date: 07/13/2014
                    SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                    APAT: Passed w/ UD
                    SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                    COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                    SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                    MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                    THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• I have been referred to all locations for both GS7 & GS9. I received my security questionnaire earlier this week and sent it back today. I do not have a degree, but I am a 10 pt. VET and have 10 years LEO exp in various disciplines (patrol/detective/supervisor).

Like many of you I am not quite sure what to expect from here. I am making an assumption an interview is in the cards at some point but not sure when / where. I am a LONG way from any NCIS FO, and it sounds like some of you have been asked to sign a release after submitting your security questionnaire which would indicate to me they are starting BI's.

Good luck to all
                      Last edited by bcmking3; 04-25-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• I am not a vet, but have been a FLEO for 5 years and am halfway done wth my masters. I haven't received a referral for any of the locations I put in for. I applied to mayport, Pendleton, and San Diego. However, I did receive the security questionnaire from a SSA yesterday. When I emailed him back asking for what location this was for his exact wording was "We received a certification from HRSC advising you met the initial qualifications. If you would like to proceed with processing your application; availability for any of our locations in support of the NCIS mobility agreement is required". So I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to how they do things.

Comment

• Very interesting. Procedures are all over the place. I guess the only thing you can do is take what you get and hopefully you keep moving forward!! Dagg
                          USSS-SA
                          Applied: 06/2013 (Not Referred), 01/2014 (Not Referred), 05/2014
                          Referred: 06/2014
                          Test Date: 07/13/2014
                          SAEE Passed: 07/13/2014
                          APAT: Passed w/ UD
                          SPI: 08/24/2014 (Passed)
                          COE: (GL-09) 08/24/2014
                          SI: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                          POLY: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                          BI: 3/2014 Completed w/ UD
                          HI: 3/2014 & 11/2014
                          MEDICAL: 2/2014 Completed w/ UD
                          THE CALL: 12/11/2014

Comment

• I just looked over all my notification sheet. I was referred for all locations for GS-7 none for GS-9.

Comment

• For those who keep speaking of interviews you may want to re ready the announcement. "The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews."And according to HR they put a big emphasis on IF the selecting official wants to. In the gov there is no rhyme nor reason. They can do whatever the please as long as it within the regs. Just keep that in mind.

Comment

• Like others have said, I'm very confused as to what they are looking for. I know it seems simple but some vets get reffered then vets get denied. Im not a vet but have a masters. Was denied GS 9 for Norfolk location. Nothing from the others that I applied to. 5 years as US probation which is 6c covered ,(don't know why but feel this is hurting me). Hope it works out as I just want to work for this agency. Been a dream for a few years. Good luck to everyone.
                                Last edited by dsb05c; 04-26-2014, 12:09 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3902 users online. 250 members and 3652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X