Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you that have vet preference only received emails this week for Newport and Norfolk GS 9 and did not receive emails for the other locations the week before?

Comment

• I received the GS-9 not qualified email for Norfolk but I only applied for GS-7. Hopefully they will be sending out more emails.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
        Have any of you that have vet preference only received emails this week for Newport and Norfolk GS 9 and did not receive emails for the other locations the week before?
        I got Newport first, then Norfolk yesterday. GS9

Comment

• Referred 15 Apr for Mayport, FL and Norfolk 23 Apr. 5pt Vet
          Croc

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

• Originally posted by csirhc View Post
            Referred 15 Apr for Mayport, FL and Norfolk 23 Apr. 5pt Vet
            Same, 10 pt vet

Comment

• Originally posted by brian2012 View Post
              Same, 10 pt vet
              The random location referrals have me confused. Like why did you get referred for Mayport and Norfolk but not Newport and vice versa?

Comment

• I was referred for Mayport FL. 5 point vet. Got the email to initiate my background investigation.

Lil about me. Current FED LEO, Prior Navy Master at Arms, and I just completed my bachelors degree in criminal Justice.
                Last edited by AlreadyFedLeo; 04-25-2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by liberty82 View Post
                  The random location referrals have me confused. Like why did you get referred for Mayport and Norfolk but not Newport and vice versa?
                  I did not apply for Newport. I applied for Camp Pendleton, CA, San Diego, CA, Mayport, FL, Great Lakes, IL and Norfolk, VA.

I am a fed leo, have 5 years military police and 3 three years with a local city police department.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian2012 View Post
                    I did not apply for Newport. I applied for Camp Pendleton, CA, San Diego, CA, Mayport, FL, Great Lakes, IL and Norfolk, VA.

I am a fed leo, have 5 years military police and 3 three years with a local city police department.
                    After I posted the message I figured you would say that you didn't apply for Newport. I'm happy to just be referred for the Northeast been trying to get back there since I left the Navy.

Comment

• Figured I would add to the confusion and post what I have received. I applied to all of the locations and I am NOT a vet.

Mayport: 7 and two 9 referrals
                      Norfolk: 9
                      Newport: 9
                      Camp Pendleton: 9

Comment

• Got referred for Pendleton as a 9.
                        Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Since everyone is speculating. I'll add my worthless 2 cents. I would guess that they are going office by office giving out referrals. I believe I read somewhere that each office looks at the resumes and decides who they want referred to them (I could have made that up???). So MAYBE the guys that got the security packets only applied to a few offices, have finished the "referral" process and moved to the next step. Meanwhile, guys like me, who picked all locations are still waiting to finish this step...

But who knows??? I am probably completely wrong. But it doesn't matter, as long as I keep moving along, albeit slow or not, I am happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3531Marine View Post
                            Got referred for Pendleton as a 9.
                            Same here for GS 9. By the way I selected all the locations when I applied.
                            Last edited by liberty82; 04-25-2014, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccia84 View Post
                              Since everyone is speculating. I'll add my worthless 2 cents. I would guess that they are going office by office giving out referrals. I believe I read somewhere that each office looks at the resumes and decides who they want referred to them (I could have made that up???). So MAYBE the guys that got the security packets only applied to a few offices, have finished the "referral" process and moved to the next step. Meanwhile, guys like me, who picked all locations are still waiting to finish this step...

But who knows??? I am probably completely wrong. But it doesn't matter, as long as I keep moving along, albeit slow or not, I am happy.
                              I think that headquarters refers us to the office and the office selects who continues. A referral doesn't guarantee an interview and there's even less logic surrounding who's getting security forms as to who's getting referrals. Even if the office is picking and choosing I think we'll all get a chance sooner or later as long as we've been referred.
                              Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Just got another email from hr agent to fill out a authority to release information form and return back by Monday.
                                USPIS 2011
                                US OPM 2009-2011
                                US CBP 2007-2009
                                USANG 2006
                                USMC 2002-2006
                                H&S Co, MCSFBn NOB Norfolk 2003-2006
                                MWSG17, 1st MAW Okainawa 2002-2003

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10816 users online. 214 members and 10602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X