Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the letter for RI, if I had to guess I would say it's going to be a long and drawn out "referral" process. Also seems like everyone referred so far is a vet, current/former fed and has patrol experience (either local or as an MP).
    Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• Thanks, Det_sje.

I was USSS UD for 2 years from 2004-2006, then spent about 5 years doing counter-terrorism work as a contractor in the Intelligence Community, and have spent about the last 4 years working in IT Service Management for one of the world's biggest software companies. I've got a bachelor's in Computer Science and am about 1/3 of the way through my Master's in Computer, Information and Network Security. If they are looking for Veteran's Preference and substantial LE experience, I'm a bit worried that I won't be referred, but man, do I ever hope I get a shot; I can't think of anything I want more.

Comment

• Non-vet here as well, I have not heard anything either. I have been with US Probation for a little over 5 years. State probation for a year before that. Have a Master's in Criminal Justice Administration. I hope that they bring on several classes and from reading the boards, it appears they will. But I too, am worried that there will be others just as or more qualified and have vet preference. Guess I'll just keep positive and checking on with this thread.

Comment

• Got the Newport, RI referral email this morning as well. I put in for all of the locations, however this is the only location that I've been referred for thus far. Anyhow, good luck (imitating voice from the bad guy in the movie Taken) to everybody.

Comment

• Did you put in for a location that others have been referred to already?
            BPA -
            Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
            TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Just a little enlightenment on the diverse backgrounds and obvious trepidation- most of you have described the cross section of what is the current state. This is to say that while someone with “whiz-bang” qualifications gets picked up does not mean that any one of you won’t.

So much goes into the selection of new hires- sure they look at times for something specific in specific folks, but for the most part its sometimes anyone’s guess as to the rubric used.

Just look at the BIO’s of senior staff- some came from what could be described as very “humble” beginnings and are now leading the agency.
              Originally posted by SSD
              It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

• Originally posted by tnm78 View Post
                Got the Newport, RI referral email this morning as well. I put in for all of the locations, however this is the only location that I've been referred for thus far. Anyhow, good luck (imitating voice from the bad guy in the movie Taken) to everybody.
                Same here. Only got referred for the Newport, RI location. I wonder how fast the process will move. I'm a current Border Patrol Agent and I've been through more than on Federal hiring process. Like someone said above, I'm just going to get on with my life. These things are so unpredictable sometimes. Good luck.

Comment

• No worries at all.
                  Much of what I have posted is a duplication of what has already been said in one form or another.
                  Quite frankly I understand the wondering questions that flood folks- heck I had questions the last time I rotated through again not that long ago, but as I said- not much changes. Really, not much at all.

A good bit of information should come from your class leader/coordinator in advance of your report date.

And in the event anyone is wondering- the next CITP running will be early May through July for a total of 56 training days.
                  Originally posted by SSD
                  It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

• Non-Vet. Reinstatement eligible. Referred to all I applied to. So Non-Vets, hope is still alive. A co-worker of mine got the "thanks but no thanks" with a masters degree and investigative experience. Crap shoot and how well you flesh out your resume...

Comment

• Originally posted by cuffs309 View Post
                      Non-Vet. Reinstatement eligible. Referred to all I applied to. So Non-Vets, hope is still alive. A co-worker of mine got the "thanks but no thanks" with a masters degree and investigative experience. Crap shoot and how well you flesh out your resume...
                      I'm looking forward to a an email soon then.

Comment

• Originally posted by bellyer View Post
                        Just curious - Has anyone without veteran's preference heard anything regarding the March 2014 announcement?
                        I was referred for Newport yesterday around 11:30a.m. I'm Non-Vet. From what I've seen on all the forums is that veterans, laterals, and extensive Federal investigative experience got referred first BUT that's just an observation.

Comment

• Jesus..... I guess everyone got referred to RI....

Anyone else get anything different...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                            Jesus..... I guess everyone got referred to RI....

All it takes is one shot and if that's all I am given, that's all I will need. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                              Jesus..... I guess everyone got referred to RI....

Got referred to RI as well. What are they trying to do, make a new office there?

Comment

• From looking on the NCIC website, it appears that the field office that contains Newport, RI has an extremely large area of responsibility. May possibly be that more new agents are needed in that area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8495 users online. 272 members and 8223 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X