Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been through a federal hiring process before and they move slow...best to just forget you even applied and move on with life.

Comment

• I know what you mean. They are not known for speed.

Comment

• I would say "hope for the best, but prepare for the worse" ...you will drive yourself crazy wondering where you are at in the process. Many of times applicants have cleared various steps and some even ready to EOD only to have the job announcement canned or put on an indefinite hiring freeze.

Just read some of the various 1811 threads and you can easily see what applicants are going through. I will echo what others have already said. If you really want an 1811 spot, apply to every announcement you qualify for (but if you don't qualify do not apply because you really just wasting everyone's time) and like Sgt Jon said, look at other avenues to get your foot in the door. I have come to realize that if it was meant to be it will happen, just realize that no matter what you do it might just never happen.

Comment

• I don't lose any sleep over this stuff. I have been in those shoes where positions have been frozen or the application process cancelled due to budget. It can be disappointing, but all you can do is try again. If it's meant to be it will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Det_sje View Post
            So what about the march 14 applicants? How soon will they be hired?
            If I could predict when a federal agency will hire, I'd start buying lotto tickets. Our Director has said hiring is a priority, but there are a lot of steps in the process and budgets are not alway predictable. Each applicant is unique and some will get hired faster than others. They also got a lot of applicants, over 4,000, for that announcement, and applicants will probably end up split among different classes.

Comment

• Keep your eyes on the prize!

I got the call about 11 months after I applied - which was in May 2013. Don't lose focus and just don't stress about it (I know I have and it wasn't worth it!), once things start moving, they will move, pending you don't have a lot of issues or we don't get another gov't shut down...

My recommendation would be to make sure you have everything on hand, scanned and ready to go if you're asked to provide it. I submitted my application in May and hadn't heard a word till September when I had to re-submit some paperwork and then begin scheduling the interview, poly, etc. Be ready to take the first available date, be ready to travel and pay out of pocket to go to different sites to complete the various portions of the application. The longest thing that took for me was the BI, but that's because I've been all around the world. I will echo what Troop said, don't lose sleep over it and if it is meant to happen, it will. Trust me. I was told I would get an answer by a certain date, when I didn't hear back by that date, I was devastated, lost my mind, and was absolutely certain I would get that thin letter in the mail saying "we regret to inform you..." To my surprise and excitement, that call got to me a few days after I was told I would get notified and now I have 3 weeks to get my crap together and report to Glynco. It will happen, anything is possible.

As for the speed of processing these applications, imagine having an office with a small number of employees having to process and go over 4000+ applications at once, some applicants will be pushed quicker due to their critical skills, while others will be put on a reserve, and the remaining may simply be put on the back burner or thrown out. That's just the way it is. Good luck to all! It's a long process, but worth it, keep your eyes on the prize!!!
              Last edited by jgrey; 04-19-2014, 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Thanks promet. I appreciate your response.

Comment

• Got referred to Newport, RI.

Applied for all locations, how do they select which duty location you are referred to?

Fed LEO 5 years, 3 years military police (10 pt vet), BS/MS
                  Last edited by USAFANG03; 04-21-2014, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Same thing just happened for me, Im sure we could still be referred for other locations as well maybe this one just came through first.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCOForever View Post
                      Same thing just happened for me, Im sure we could still be referred for other locations as well maybe this one just came through first.
                      Well that makes three of use now. Good luck.

Comment

• Just got the notification I was referred for RI. Been referred for all the locations I applied for now. Now more waiting. Congrats to everyone.

Comment

• I haven't received any notification of being referred for any of the 4 locations I put in for.

10 years Fed LEO, 5 pt vet

Comment

• I was reffered on 15 APR for Mayport, FL.

Army CID (1811 equivalent) 3 years LEO, 11 year Military 5pt. BS
                            Croc

There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Ernest Hemingway

"The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman

Comment

• Just curious - Has anyone without veteran's preference heard anything regarding the March 2014 announcement?

Comment

• Non-vet, haven't heard a thing, when I called the DON the guy on the phone said to expect an email and a phone call???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9340 users online. 398 members and 8942 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X