Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, a couple of us sitting in the same boat. I finished my medical and urinalysis as well. Does anyone know when the next hiring panel will be? I'll be happy to know that I made the pool! Got my raft ready for the long wait and I've got room for anyone else that wants to help paddle.

Comment

Just got my notice that I am now in the hiring pool.

Comment

Originally posted by dan813 View Post
        Just got my notice that I am now in the hiring pool.
        Congrats, Dan, I remember that feeling. Just keep being patient, word on the street is that NCIS will only have 2 classes for FY 2010, with the first possibly no earlier than Feb10.

Good luck!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
          Congrats, Dan, I remember that feeling. Just keep being patient, word on the street is that NCIS will only have 2 classes for FY 2010, with the first possibly no earlier than Feb10.

Good luck!
          Just received my letter as well! What a feeling! How big are the classes usually and how full is the pool right now?

Comment

Repost from the other NCIS thread...

Random question: Does anyone know about getting active duty orders to NCIS on the Washington Navy Yard? I know they have Watch Officers manned up in MTAC. What ranks/designators do they take?

Comment

Kimble, Thanks! nFury8, I dont have any info on anything at this time. If I here anything I will send you a message. Hope to see you around. BTW, where are you from?

Comment

I am guessing these notices are in the mail?

Comment

Originally posted by nFury8 View Post
                  Just received my letter as well! What a feeling! How big are the classes usually and how full is the pool right now?
                  Classes are usually 24. Can't speak to how large the pool is by a specific number, but I'd imagine it's fairly large due to the last class of FY 2009 being cancelled.
                  sigpic

Comment

What are my chances of being picked up for the upcoming classes..

I speak several critically needed foreign languages
                    Last edited by thermal; 11-22-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thermal View Post
                      What are my chances of being picked up for the upcoming classes... I speak several critically needed foreign languages
                      Only people at NCISHQ can answer that. What language(s) you speak, and how much they are needed could play in your favor, though.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have heard the same thing regarding the classes - 2 classes for FY10. I am a bit disappointed. I heard that they are only taking people with "special skills." I don't speak a language fluently and don't have any computer skills to speak of, so I guess I am going to wait another year. I got my Pool letter June 2009. I hope I don't time out of the process before they have the money for more classes!

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful15 View Post
                          I have heard the same thing regarding the classes - 2 classes for FY10. I am a bit disappointed. I heard that they are only taking people with "special skills." I don't speak a language fluently and don't have any computer skills to speak of, so I guess I am going to wait another year. I got my Pool letter June 2009. I hope I don't time out of the process before they have the money for more classes!
                          I wouldn't give up yet. NCIS seems to hire agents with a wide range of training and experience. I've met agents that seemed over qualified and agents that seemed under qualified . Knowing another language is a great skill, but being bilingual doesn't guarantee a person would be a good agent. If you made it to the pool, you have just as much chance as anyone else in the pool.
                          If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by MGC750 View Post
                            Knowing another language is a great skill, but being bilingual doesn't guarantee a person would be a good agent.
                            If it's any consolation, I barely speak English (being from the deep south), much less a second, third or multiple languages, so ya'll keep your hopes up!
                            sigpic

Comment

Received email indicating formal screening board with me. Does anyone know what exactly this is?

Comment

Originally posted by StateChamp View Post
                                Received email indicating formal screening board with me. Does anyone know what exactly this is?
                                It is what it sounds like, a formal (i.e. wear a suit) panel of agents who will interview you for an agent position. Expect tough questions about why you want to work for this agency, understanding our worldwide needs, and the mission. It can last several hours, so prepare your day accordingly. This is the largest screening tool in the application process (unless you fail the background investigation), so no pressure.

If this is a job you want, bring your "A game." Good luck.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6190 users online. 250 members and 5940 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X