300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS pays LEAP while at FLETC.

I don't know anything about where HQ will place people or how many they're hiring this year, but typically NCIS tries to hire classes of 24 and they're divided up among different FOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by promet View Post
      NCIS pays LEAP while at FLETC.

I don't know anything about where HQ will place people or how many they're hiring this year, but typically NCIS tries to hire classes of 24 and they're divided up among different FOs.
      Promet,

Thank you for quickly getting back to us. Inside knowledge is a big help for all of us on the outside.

Comment

• Does anybody know if the status will change on application manager or is it pointless to keep checking there?

Comment

• For those interested, Ziva is coming back.
          Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything yet from the most recent announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by jwmyers2s View Post
              Has anybody heard anything yet from the most recent announcement?
              I haven't heard a thing........(crickets).

Comment

• Originally posted by jwmyers2s View Post
                Has anybody heard anything yet from the most recent announcement?
                In all likelihood you will not hear/see much for at-least a few weeks, if not months+.

They have to review each application that passes the initial screening for minimum qualifications. Then they will start the process of identifying applications for forward movement.

If selected they will make a conditional offer and give you a start-date. Depending on several variables you may go directly to “work” at your first office and attend to administrative matters in advance of CITP. When the next class starts you will be TDY do FLETC until graduation when you will return to your office.

The agency has not put out solicitations for class leaders so there is nothing in the near term going on.

Be calm and hang tight.
                Originally posted by SSD
                It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

• Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                  The agency has not put out solicitations for class leaders so there is nothing in the near term going on.
                  How far in advance do they solicit class leaders? Last I heard there was a May class scheduled.
                  View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                  http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by divinefalcon View Post
                    How far in advance do they solicit class leaders? Last I heard there was a May class scheduled.
                    Usually there is a bit of lead time- if for no other reason than to ensure whoever is selected will be able to transfer cases, get TDY orders cut and get down there.
                    Originally posted by SSD
                    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.

Comment

• If I remember correctly, they usually announce the class counselor vacancies while the new hires are actually in CITP. It's been a while since we've had a new hire class, but I seem to remember that's the way it's done. My guess is because they want to make sure the class is actually going to be hired, as last minute budget issues come up.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                        In all likelihood you will not hear/see much for at-least a few weeks, if not months+.

They have to review each application that passes the initial screening for minimum qualifications. Then they will start the process of identifying applications for forward movement.

If selected they will make a conditional offer and give you a start-date. Depending on several variables you may go directly to “work” at your first office and attend to administrative matters in advance of CITP. When the next class starts you will be TDY do FLETC until graduation when you will return to your office.

Be calm and hang tight.
                        Thanks for this break down....I've been hoping someone would post something like this.

Do you work for NCIS or previously employed?

Comment

If I remember correctly, they usually announce the class counselor vacancies while the new hires are actually in CITP. It's been a while since we've had a new hire class, but I seem to remember that's the way it's done. My guess is because they want to make sure the class is actually going to be hired, as last minute budget issues come up.
                          Indeed. With the last round they did a few months out- and as I recall sent out another GEN to get a fill-in/replacement for someone to run the “PT”.
                          Originally posted by SSD

Comment

• I just looked it up. They put the solicitation for class counselors our on 21Aug13 for a SABTP that was scheduled to start on 08Oct13, although I think that start date ended up being delayed because of the shutdown. I believe the new hires started CITP in Jul13.

Comment

I just looked it up. They put the solicitation for class counselors our on 21Aug13 for a SABTP that was scheduled to start on 08Oct13, although I think that start date ended up being delayed because of the shutdown. I believe the new hires started CITP in Jul13.
                              what exactly is a class counselor?

Comment

• sgt jon,
                                In your description you talked about passing initial screening and then selection to move on. What is NCIS's selection process (interviews, testing, ect)? Do they just review resumes and offer COE from those or is there a more formal process either before or after the COE? Thanks for your help!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17400 users online. 501 members and 16899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X