Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is a good thing I read this thread. I filled out my narratives late the other night and misread it as 500 words...not characters. Had to tweak my answers a little bit!

Comment

• Lets drop the topic of who filled out more or less information for the narratives. It has been blown way out of proportion. Good luck to everyone who applied.

Comment

• Many thanks for the insight, promet.

Comment

• Anyone familiar with the current hiring process for NCIS? What steps are involved?

Comment

• How long will it take before we hear anything back?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
              How long will it take before we hear anything back?
              Depends on how many applications they get in. If they get a few thousand it will take some time for HR to review each one and deem who is qualified and who is not. Last time around I applied in 2010 and it took close to four months to hear back that I wasn't qualified.

Just forget you even applied and go one with life

Comment

• I was able to get my application in just before the announcement closed. It's a good thing I have been putting in hundreds of hours of practice and paying a private tutor for my Spanish, as it might get me a couple of extra points on the application.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                  I was able to get my application in just before the announcement closed. It's a good thing I have been putting in hundreds of hours of practice and paying a private tutor for my Spanish, as it might get me a couple of extra points on the application.
                  Didn't you get spanish training at the BP academy?

Comment

• Do NCIS SA's get locality pay also?

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
                      Do NCIS SA's get locality pay also?
                      Every federal employee receives locality pay. It is dependent on what city and state you live in. There are some locations that pay more than others. There is a chart on opm.gov

Here is the link: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-overs...ement-officer/
                      Last edited by liberty82; 03-13-2014, 11:53 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• Yeah I just read through the announcement again and saw that they do. Thanks for the link though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SnakeDoctor View Post
                          Yeah I just read through the announcement again and saw that they do. Thanks for the link though.
                          No problem. I would go by the "Rest of the United States" chart since there is no way of knowing which office you would be assigned to if hired. Also do not forget to factor in "LEAP" an extra 25 percent of your pay gets added in to your base salary.

Comment

• Speaking of LEAP, anyone know if NCIS pays LEAP while at FLETC? Looking back on the forum, it looks like "yes" ?
                            View snapshot of public entry-level 1811 positions here:
                            http://GS-1811.appspot.com

Comment

• Does anyone have a ballpark figure of how many agents NCIS will hire this year or next?

Comment

• [QUOTE=hangman;3433078]Does anyone have a ballpark figure of how many agents NCIS will hire this year or next?[/QUOTE

Educated guess............100 agents. Saw the USAJobs website on my Iphone and it gave 20 agents for Norfolk, Camp Lejeune, Camp Pendelton, San Diego, Mayport. Rest are 5 agents or less. Could be wrong because the full website didn't list any numbers obviously.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9268 users online. 233 members and 9035 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X