Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will have to resubmit my app I guess. I am a mid 20's combat vet with a masters...seems like I could at least get a freaking interview.

Comment

Congrats cyber, that's awesome news! I understand not wanting to give out specifics, but did they at least offer you one of the three field office's that you listed when you interviewed?

Comment

The process is indeed moving. I am in the same boat as cyber and have also received the call with a start date. Quite a nice way to start out the new year, that is for sure.

Comment

Friend of mine just got offered the job a week or so ago.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDeputy View Post
            Congrats cyber, that's awesome news! I understand not wanting to give out specifics, but did they at least offer you one of the three field office's that you listed when you interviewed?
            Yes they did. It was my #3 choice at the time that I filled out my preferences, but I would have been happy with any of my top three. Ultimately it is close enough to where I currently live that I won't have to move. I couldn't be happier with the way things worked out.

Comment

Fantastic

Slide over Cyber... Make room for one more in that boat. I just got the call too. Watch out West Coast, here I come.

THIS IS AWESOME... It took a while, but glad it panned out.

Good luck to everyone else in the pool.

JD

Comment

Originally posted by joedirt View Post
                Slide over Cyber... Make room for one more in that boat. I just got the call too. Watch out West Coast, here I come.

THIS IS AWESOME... It took a while, but glad it panned out.

Good luck to everyone else in the pool.

JD
                Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats to you cyber and joe, that's good to hear that some things are still moving along. Has anyone that applied with the November announcement heard anything this past month?
                  USMS - FCIP Region 2

Info Session: March 09
                  Interview: June 09
                  Conditional Offer: July 09
                  Sumbitted e-qip: July 09
                  Medical Exam Parts 1 & 2: July 09
                  Drug Screening: July 09
                  BI Interview: July 09
                  FIT test: Dec 09
                  FLETC: May 13, 2010

Comment

I applied for the November opening. This is my second time applying and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else from the November posting been contacted?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt316 View Post
                      I applied for the November opening. This is my second time applying and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone else from the November posting been contacted?
                      No updates yet, I think last time it took about 4 months before my file was forwarded to the field office.

Comment

Originally posted by NCIS_SA View Post
                        NCIS just instituted a new policy effective January regarding LEAP. Simply: Work it all (25%) or loose it. Prepare to work 10 hour days x 5 days per week or 8 hours x 6 days per week. So much for the "availability" part of LEAP...
                        Got some clarification on this and in my office, ASACs will review LEAP hours monthly to ensure agents are moving towards of meeting their annual goal. If anyone is in danger at any point, they will be advised to pick up the slack. Not sure if other offices are implementing differently. With that said, LEAP is still an annual requirement and offices aren't forced to move to 10 hour days to incorporate the extra two hours daily, though it is an option.. I've been on w/ NCIS a year now and with the operations tempo (granted I'm in a large FO), there is no way any agent should have a problem getting his/her LEAP hours. Duty calls, PSOs, proactive ops, working from home (you will!), etc..

As for the availability part, I agree w/ you 100000000 percent.. In order to leave the local area or be unavailable during off duty hours, I need to coordinate w/ my supervisor.. With these limitations to my life off duty hours, I think a 25% compensation is fair regardless of if I'm called or not.. I'm sure there will be conflicting opinions.. Cheers.

M.

Comment

message deleted by poster.
                          Last edited by MeLLoDraMa; 02-19-2009, 01:23 PM. Reason: delete

Comment

Originally posted by cyber View Post
                            Hi everyone.

The hiring process is still moving along. I just got "the call".

I was pretty shocked. I was expecting a call or letter telling me I was in the hiring pool. Instead I got a job offer and a start date!

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!
                            Congrats brother. There is no better feeling than "the call". This is my second FLEA and I'm pretty sure after a year this is where I want to stay. Good luck and hollar if you need anything.

M.

Comment

Has anyone who applied in November 2008 heard anything yet?

Comment

I have heard nothing so far other than "reviewing applications" on USAjobs and "application received" on QuickHire. Can anyone that has applied to previous announcements say whether or not this normal? Or did it take about this long to hear back before? Thanks.
                                USMS - FCIP Region 2

Info Session: March 09
                                Interview: June 09
                                Conditional Offer: July 09
                                Sumbitted e-qip: July 09
                                Medical Exam Parts 1 & 2: July 09
                                Drug Screening: July 09
                                BI Interview: July 09
                                FIT test: Dec 09
                                FLETC: May 13, 2010

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11924 users online. 503 members and 11421 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X