Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't agree with Cyber more. My qualifications are quite different from Cyber's, I am a language major with 5+ years teaching experience in Japan. About the only thing that is similar is that we both have advanced degrees, and I am in the hiring pool. And believe me, I felt really under-qualified when I applied

Comment

Did anybody else notice a status change today?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
        Did anybody else notice a status change today?
        Hello,
        My status now shows pending interview.

Comment

Did you notice the change on the USAjobs site or was the change put in quickhire? My status says that it's still "in review." Does anyone else have this or does this mean I should be receiving the dreaded "thin letter" shortly?
          USMS - FCIP Region 2

Info Session: March 09
          Interview: June 09
          Conditional Offer: July 09
          Sumbitted e-qip: July 09
          Medical Exam Parts 1 & 2: July 09
          Drug Screening: July 09
          BI Interview: July 09
          FIT test: Dec 09
          FLETC: May 13, 2010

Comment

NCIS just instituted a new policy effective January regarding LEAP. Simply: Work it all (25%) or loose it. Prepare to work 10 hour days x 5 days per week or 8 hours x 6 days per week. So much for the "availability" part of LEAP...

Comment

I applied for the most recent NCIS opening and checked my status on USAJOBS. It says application being reviewed and under the
              Uploaded document section it says none received
              "The job to which you applied for either did not accept attached documents or you chose not to include attachments as part of your online application"

But I have emails (3) from quickhire stating that they had received and accepted my documents. Let me know if anyone else is having a similar issue and if it can be corrected. Thanks.

Comment

Has anyone else heard any news about their information being forwarded to the Field Office for an interview other than CTRT or Jarhead?
                USMS - FCIP Region 2

Info Session: March 09
                Interview: June 09
                Conditional Offer: July 09
                Sumbitted e-qip: July 09
                Medical Exam Parts 1 & 2: July 09
                Drug Screening: July 09
                BI Interview: July 09
                FIT test: Dec 09
                FLETC: May 13, 2010

Comment

USAjobs says that I don't meet the minimum qualifications. I have a Masters degree..kind of weird. Anybody know how to contact a real person over there?

Comment

USAjobs says that I don't meet the minimum qualifications. I have a Masters degree..kind of weird.
                    A Masters degree certainly meets the minimum education requirement.
                    Are you sure it's not one of the other minimum requirements that's tripping you up?

From the NCIS website:
                    Are You Qualified to be an NCIS Special Agent?

You must not have reached 37 years of age.
                    You must have an accredited baccalaureate degree.
                    You must have vision correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
                    You must be a U.S.-born or naturalized U.S. citizen.
                    You must pass a background suitability screening.

Anybody know how to contact a real person over there?
                    You can try contacting the Field Office closest to you (you can find their phone number on the NCIS website).

Ask to speak to the AC (Applicant Coordinator). He/she probably won't have any specifics about your application, since it's probably still at HQ, but they may be able/willing to check on it for you or to give you a number of who to contact at HQ.

Just be sure to be polite and professional with the AC. If you do get selected for an interview this will be the person in charge of scheduling it for you.

Comment

The Call

Hi everyone.

The hiring process is still moving along. I just got "the call".

I was pretty shocked. I was expecting a call or letter telling me I was in the hiring pool. Instead I got a job offer and a start date!

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!

Comment

Originally posted by cyber View Post
                        Hi everyone.

The hiring process is still moving along. I just got "the call".

I was pretty shocked. I was expecting a call or letter telling me I was in the hiring pool. Instead I got a job offer and a start date!

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting!
                        Congrats! What FO did you get offered?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead1302 View Post
                          USAjobs says that I don't meet the minimum qualifications. I have a Masters degree..kind of weird. Anybody know how to contact a real person over there?

Jarhead,

Definitely a glitch, assuming there is not another disqualifier. Same thing happened to me when I submitted my app. That was more than a couple of years ago and I heard they greased the system since then. I guess not.

My advice would be to re-enter your data on the online USAJOBS thing in a couple of days. Go through with a fine eye and look for what might be tricking the system out (after all, it is a computer that reads and scores the applicants with some algorithm). Calling the closest FO may or may not be helpful - but I would call if you keep getting bumped from the system. Good luck.

Semper Fi

Comment

Hello all,

JohnnyV - mine says the same thing as yours and I also received the e-mail confirmations about quickhire accepting my documents.

I talked to my AC yesterday and was advised that there were over 2000 applicants from the November 2008 posting. The AC also stated that NCIS will be sending out notifications in February regarding those applicants and personally contact around 100 individuals for further processing. All applicants will have their status updated at that time to reflect if they are moving forward with the hiring process or not.

The AC also advised me that NCIS is planning another job posting in the Feb/March 2009 time frame for those that wish to re-apply.

Comment

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                              Congrats! What FO did you get offered?
                              Sorry, but I'm not comfortable giving out specifics like that on an open forum.

I'd be more than happy to answer any general questions you (or anyone else) has.

Comment

Jacksjr,
                                Thanks for the info. I also talked to someone in DC and heard the same thing you did. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8176 users online. 184 members and 7992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X