Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNW.CFE
    Forum Member
    PNW.CFE What I meant regarding “hurting for agents” was the fact that NCIS has eliminated making candidates conduct a PT test altogether. This is quite strange as most, if not all other federal LE agencies require this step in the hiring process. I did hear that a large percentage of the NCIS 1811 population was force retired, which explains them bringing back retired agents to help with interviews and background investigations.

Comment

• Headed down to FLETC this week. If you’re going, send me a message so we can talk before!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaquackhunter View Post
        Headed down to FLETC this week. If you’re going, send me a message so we can talk before!
        Good Luck and have fun. Good time to go, sand gnats aren't as bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbp1363 View Post
          I believe FLETC made passing the PEB a requirement to graduate CITP or at least that’s what I’ve heard.
          This is agency dependent, as with other requirements (exams, practicals, remedial scores, etc.). Participation is the name of the game for many.

Comment

• I think it's pushing a year since their last announcement which I missed. Anyone have an idea or rumor when the next one will open?

Comment

• *deleted post* just was looking for info on the process.
              Taylom32
              Forum Member
              Last edited by Taylom32; 11-24-2021, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• Jagger3939
                Jagger3939
                Forum Member
                Jagger3939 commented
                Editing a comment
                Generally speaking, they have you conduct a stand alone urinary drug screening at a contract facility.

• NYC1175
                NYC1175
                Forum Member
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                My medical urinalysis was done at a local Navy base's medical facility. It isn't a drug screening urinalysis.

• As of now, there is no nationwide announcement scheduled. Just because there isn’t one schedule doesn’t mean an announcement won’t happen. Also, there’s been no official guidance on the PT test requirement but it will be a graduation requirement for NCIS. If you won’t be be able to pass it day one of the academy, I would wait to apply which is just my opinion. No, point getting through the process just to get bounced day 1 if that’s when the test is conducted. And there is no pre hire PT test. NCIS will be running an integrated academy aka combining CITP and SABT. And yes, those looking to get the 1811 designation to jump ship, the new academy is accredited, so you can apply to 1811 only openings. But, NCIS is excepted service and a lot of those fed only announcements are competitive service which is something to think about. NCIS is an extremely unique organization and a great place to work; however, please do your research before applying to make sure you feel like it’s a good fit for you and your family. This agency is definitely not for everybody.

Comment

• Any confirmation on the January/Feb class rumors ? Or still radio silence ?

Comment

• This is word from some of the agents at Pendleton.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonnyFuegs View Post
                  Any confirmation on the January/Feb class rumors ? Or still radio silence ?
                  I’ve heard this rumor from HQ a while back. They were apparently talking about implementing a January class. No confirmation on my end. My background was supposed to be done last week so waiting on an email if I get placed in the hiring pool.

Comment

• Got an email today that my packet was found favorable and got put into the hiring pool and eligible to receive a final offer. Fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak View Post
                      I think it's pushing a year since their last announcement which I missed. Anyone have an idea or rumor when the next one will open?
                      check their Facebook. They just posted something today about hiring.

Comment

• cmor5150
                      Forum Member
                      cmor5150 as I was haha.

Comment

• General Announcement open. Closes 12/21
                        https://www.usajobs.gov/job/627235100

Comment

• cbp1363
                          cbp1363
                          Forum Member
                          cbp1363 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Just a caveat to the announcement “Applicants should have at least three (3) years of full-time professional work experience in cybersecurity and hold a degree in one of the following areas of study: computer science, computer engineering, or cybersecurity. Competitive Cyber 1811 applicants have recognized certifications such as, but not limited to: GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), and DOD Certified Computer Crime Investigator courses. As well as experience as a Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) Incident Responder or equivalent experience.”

• Treybey
                          Treybey
                          Forum Member
                          Treybey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Huge caveat that is...

• Just joined the club .. Favorable packet , feel free to hurry up and wait.

Comment

• Ghlar
                          Ghlar
                          Forum Member
                          Ghlar commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Welcome to the club!

Hopefully, we will hear something soon on future class dates.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4312 users online. 267 members and 4045 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X