Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relax, everyone; It was a light-hearted comment.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, any prior MAs out there?

Comment

• As a heads up, we will be going out with offers starting tomorrow for our September CITP class. If you are called, I encourage you to be open to numerous locations. In my experience, it can hinder you getting a position if you’re not open to moving. It also is indicative that you’re not mobile, which could be problematic later. NCIS is a global agency and we need agents willing to PCS. I would say that if you aren’t really mobile, NCIS isn’t the agency for you. Keep that in mind if you are called with an offer. Best of luck to you all in this round of offers.

Comment

• Hersh123
          Hersh123 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the response.

• NCIS 10
          NCIS 10 commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC1175. We have quite a few classes this coming year. The dates have changed and one was canceled. I need to get an updated calendar from our training division at FLETC to confirm when the next one is.

• NCIS 10
          NCIS 10 commented
          Editing a comment
          alphawhiskey06. Not necessarily, as we have not finalized where our vacancies are. So, you could still be contacted as it’s still an ongoing process.

• NCIS 10
          NCIS 10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Reddeq. Calls will not go out today. If we can get our vacancies by tomorrow, then maybe. Unfortunately we didn’t get our vacancies resolved today so far either.

• Originally posted by NCIS 10 View Post
        Interviews are running now and in May-June if you are in the DC area. Just a heads up.
        I got my email and am scheduled for an interview very soon. I am thrilled--thank you for all of the insight you provide here! NCIS is top of the 1811 list for me, so I hope I make it through.

Comment

• @NCIS10 Glad your back. Just as a silver lining for anyone who doesn't get the call tomorrow/Fri/next week for the Sept class, is the Oct class you previously spoke of still on, or have the dates changed? Still estimating late August calls?

Comment

• NCIS 10
            NCIS 10 commented
            Editing a comment
            Jagger3939. I need to check with FLETC again on the schedule. We are supposed to have another CITP this year, but one was canceled, so I’m not sure of the exact dates at the moment. September is still on and the one we are currently getting ready to staff.

• As a follow up, no offers have gone out yet. We’ve had a slight delay in determining all of our vacancies and office locations.

Comment

• alphawhiskey06
            alphawhiskey06 commented
            Editing a comment
            NCIS 10 Out of curiosity, are we going to be contacted prior to receiving a formal offer about our preferences or is it post offer? Is everyone who is selected being asked about their preferences or is just people that have preferences that don’t align with the needs of the agency at the time?

Sorry in advance for the convoluted question, I tried to word it as best as I could.

• AlphaWhiskey We are attempting to contact those being considered for the upcoming class to make sure their current info and preferences are up to date. In years past, we just went with old data and in many cases, preferences weren’t as much of a priority. However, our Director and leadership now strive to take preferences into consideration in making our offers. Many times, applicant preferences change significantly from the start of the hiring process to waiting in the hiring pool, so we want to factor that in.

Comment

• alphawhiskey06
            alphawhiskey06 commented
            Editing a comment
            NCIS 10 Thank you for your time and quick response! So if we have not been contact about our preferences at this point, we most likely will not receive an offer for the upcoming class?

• Reddeq
            Reddeq commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you foresee calls still going out today?

• NorthLions308
            NorthLions308 commented
            Editing a comment
            It was already said if calls were to come out.

• Did anyone hear anything today?

Comment

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            No offers did not go out but if you got an email asking to update your preference sheet a couple days ago that could be a positive sign for you.

• Somehow, I feel that people are not reading or like to ask the same questions over and over; when NCIS10 has answered the question to you or a previous poster. Eager…I get it.

We’re lucky to have someone engaging on this forum, but coming from a current fed, folks, the key is in the details. NCIS10 gave out info, they didn’t have to. Any other agency would’ve not answered or referred you to a previous post. Feds generally don’t like answering the same questions over and over again as the job (which engaging in a forum isn’t) itself requires a lot of time and energy. Just food for thought, as I’d hate for NCIS10 to leave the forum again. You can be rest assured, if you are in line for a position, they will contact you as their jobs, is to hire qualified applicants.

Comment

• A few have been contacted to update their preferences, but many have not. We are in a holding pattern until our HQ programs identify the actual vacancies, which has now delayed us likely into next week. This happens from time to time, but it’s to ensure we are assigning new agents where we have vacancies, as well as where we have the need based on caseloads. Contrary to some of the older messaging I’ve seen here, we have much lower attrition under this current Director, which is great, but makes it difficult when we look for vacancies that we don’t have. We initially thought we had the vacancies identified, but we’ve been asked to hold until confirmed.

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              We really appreciate your transparency, openness and willingness to update. Have a great weekend!

• GoNavy1775
              GoNavy1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              Second Jagger’s comments. This is immensely helpful and far beyond what is required. Sincerely thank you for taking the time to answer questions from the group and provide updates. BZ

• NCIS 10
              NCIS 10 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m happy to help and give clarity where I can. On a positive note for all of you, keep in mind we have numerous classes scheduled for the coming year, which increases your chances. Hopefully we don’t have any budget cuts! Have a good weekend!

• Reddeq
              Reddeq commented
              Editing a comment
              NCIS 10, Thank you for the update. We all appreciate it.

• NCIS 10, could you provide context to the difference between a FO and a RA or RU. For instance, Norfolk FO has a RA? Also, could lateral agents be assigned directly to specialities units or groups, if they already possess the experience and training ? For instance, someone from DEA may have experience with narcotics or someone from USSS may have experience with white collar and/or cyber related crimes?

Comment

• NCIS 10
              NCIS 10 commented
              Editing a comment
              GALAW. The RAs are the outlying offices that report to the primary FO. Norfolk’s has several RAs, like Portsmouth, Yorktown, Little Creek, etc. Generally an SSA runs the RA and they report to the FO ASAC. Depending on the size of the RA, you could be assigned to a CI or Crim Squad. OCONUS offices will have additional disciplines you may be assigned to, like CT, Port Visit Support, etc. If laterals have a certain expertise (Fraud, CI, Cyber), west the HQ programs know in the event there’s an interest in placing you into a specific vacancy. There’s no guarantee this will be the case. If not, you can always bid on another assignment in the field of expertise you have. We have hires laterals into CI, Fraud, and a Cyber positions, but all have to attend our academy (not CITP again in most cases) and complete an FTA program in CRIM.

• GALAW
              GALAW commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks. This provides a great deal of insight.
              Last edited by GALAW; 06-17-2021, 06:09 AM.

• NCIS 10 Sir, have there been any updates to the vacancy issue? Thank you.

Comment

• NCIS 10
              NCIS 10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Reddeq We did not get the final vacancies from the programs this week. I’m told we will have them next week.

• Reddeq
              Reddeq commented
              Editing a comment
              NCIS 10, Thank you.

• Good Morning,

Any Northern Virginia or people living in the DMV area been scheduled for an interview?

Comment

• Anyone else feel like a kid during the week of Christmas?

Comment

• GoNavy1775
                GoNavy1775 commented
                Editing a comment
                Bill Murray would definitely have a starring role!

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you guys get notification when you made it on to the register?

• Jagger3939
                Jagger3939 commented
                Editing a comment
                If by register you mean pool, yes. They will notify you via email after the board reviews your packet if you are in the pool or no longer being considered (BQA).

• NYC1175
                NYC1175 commented
                Editing a comment
                Jagger3939 yep, the pool. Thanks.

• NCIS 10 would you be able to advise on how many future FLETC classes there will be for this year in the event someone is not notified for the next class? Thank you for your time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3414 users online. 248 members and 3166 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X