Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a January 2021 applicant and am finished with everything. I am currently waiting for my package to go before the hiring board.

I'm an older applicant and wanted to attempt this process for another career after I retire from my current position. For any veteran past the maximum age, I suggest applying and seeing where the process takes you.

January 13, 2021 - Applied
    January 26 - Verification and Request for additional documents
    February 4 - Selection to proceed to the interview phase
    March 23 - Screening Board interview
    March 24 - Polygraph
    April 5 - Background started (approximate)
    April 6 - Drug test
    April 30 - Physical Exam (both parts)
    Last edited by Ghlar; 05-14-2021, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Having 5 classes might clear up some backlog, might not. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. A lot of people get that BQA after a year.
      Last edited by Saber5; 05-14-2021, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        This is very true and an excellent point that all should be aware of. Of the original 2019 applicants who were on this thread, about 60% of them were cut (given BQA letters) within the last year during various boards. Only a handful remain — just to give some perspective. All of them had finished processing and were waiting for a hiring decision.
        Last edited by Jagger3939; 05-14-2021, 11:08 PM.

• Reddeq
        Reddeq commented
        Editing a comment
        If you don’t get BQA, how long you wait once you get in the hiring pool is the next major hurdle. Hopefully these classes will clear out a good number of those in the pool. Although, no one really knows how many there are in the pool.

• I go into every application with the mentality that it will potentially fall through and I'll get a BQA. I am 100% done with the application process for two separate agencies but I realize both can definitely fall through. At that point, the only option is to pick up and move forward. I'd be pleasantly surprised if I make it to a final offer though. Still, I try not to get too "motivated" over any agency or wrapped around the axle with what life would be like as an agent with [x agency] so I don't set myself up for further disappointment.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything from the recent opening for current 1811s?

i’m really interested.

does anyone know exactly what they’re looking for? What grades they want.

Comment

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe it’s 9-13.

• Pieman88
          Pieman88 commented
          Editing a comment
          @Saber5….so they’re accepting at all levels? Do you know if they’re looking for a lot of people. I hope my chances are good for this one.

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t have any insider information or anything but they’ve done these 1811 transfer openings the last two summers. I believe it’s been 24 spots and you only have to do the SABT portion of the NCIS pipeline since you’re already a CITP grad. I don’t know how that will change with the way NCIS is restructuring training but 24 slots seems like the norm but it always has the potential to go higher as Congress is starting to throw funding at DOD to combat high sexual assaults/harassment.

• Pieman88
          Pieman88 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information. Hopefully the 1811 to 1811 lateral move is a quicker process.

• Anyone know what the process is like to get hired on with NCIS as a current 1811? Is the timeline quicker? What should one expect?

Comment

• Lawness
          Lawness commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ll second this...Hopefully NCIS 10, will see this, and will be able to provide further information.

• NCIS 10
          NCIS 10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pieman88. We are processing laterals from the recent announcement. The process is generally the same, but we will likely be having a lateral academy In November, which will now drive us to focus on processing laterals expeditiously.

• Lawness
          Lawness commented
          Editing a comment
          NCIS 10, thanks for this information.

• Double post

Comment

• My guess if your already DOD it should be a smooth transition. Coming from Homeland or DOJ would be different when it comes to the BI. U will have to do another BI if your not DOD already.

Comment

• NCIS 10
            NCIS 10 commented
            Editing a comment
            NorthLions308. For the BI, it makes no difference where you come from (DOJ, DOD, DHS), the 1811 BI is conducted the same way. It may make it easier for your clearance aspect if you already hold one (especially TS/SCI), but that’s separate from the BI.

• I'm wondering if there is anyone on here that has gone through NCIS training at FLETC and could help answer a question. From what I understand, the next class will be in September and I believe NCIS10 stated calls will be made in June or July. Realistically, when do you all believe calls will go out for the September class? I wonder if HQ has a schedule for making final offer calls? Thank you for any insight.
          Last edited by Hersh123; 05-26-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’d take his word for it, no reason to believe anything else.

• Hersh123
            Hersh123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh yes, definitely. I just didn't know if it was beginning of June versus end of July, etc. ... I wanted to see if anyone had any info. Thank you!

• GoNavy1775
            GoNavy1775 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think a little rough math gets you to about the middle end of June if I were a betting man. If there’s both an September and October class I would guess the start for the September the week of Labor Day. The last class got about 2 months notice. Figure there is also likely the chance of a ROM for unvaccinated folks.

No inside knowledge just looking at what’s been put on here and in emails from the HR folks.

• Thank you. I appreciate the info.

Comment

• Did anyone here get an email or call indicating that their B.I. was complete? Or did you basically find out when you were told you made it on the register?

Comment

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              DM206 thanks. Are you former military where they had to talk to people from different duty stations?

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was never told but every BI investigator is different. Mine was very professional but wasn’t a guy I could just call and chat up.

• Ghlar
              Ghlar commented
              Editing a comment
              I emailed the investigator performing my BI after approximately one month. He responded within two hours and explained that he had finished and my package was sent for the hiring panel—no time frame.

• Just a heads up, DON’s FY22 was submitted for 4 classes of 24. FY21 was funded at 4 classes as well, a September class start date would be considered a FY21 class as Oct 1 is the start of the fiscal year for the government (for those who don’t know). This is always good information to keep up on.

https://www.secnav.navy.mil/fmc/fmb/...s/OMN_Book.pdf

Comment

• Well ladies and gents, it is the last weekend of May. Hoping for calls to go out in June. Good luck to everyone else in the pool.

Comment

• Background Investigation completed. Anyone have any idea when the next review board might convene?
                Last edited by NYC1175; 06-01-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• We need NCIS 10 back to answer some of these questions. It seems he wasn't impressed with this site and moved on.

Comment

• Saber5
                    Saber5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don’t believe it’s that at all actually. He didn’t want his presence to deter open conversation on this forum, I’m sure he’ll be back sporadically to answer questions and give insights.

• Maybe NCIS 10 isn’t a man? Also, all the other forums flourish without input from the agency’s division chief for Special Agent Hiring contributing. Everyone has most if not all of the knowledge needed. You know NCIS is hiring, you know they hire 24 people a class, and run at a minimum 4 classes a year for non lateral 1811, and you know the hiring process steps. If you don’t get selected for the position they send you an email. Remember NCIS hires less than 100 agents a year and receives thousands of apps per announcement. Shotgun apps everywhere 1811 wise, and if NCIS your dream gig, lateral over.
                  Last edited by cbp1363; 06-03-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Saber5
                    Saber5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I completely agree, I’ve seen so many people come out of left field on this forum and spam the timeline looking for answers instead of doing 5 minutes of research. This thread is over 12 years old and almost 250 pages, every single answer you could possibly need or want is in here. There’s been a ton of SAs current and past posting on this thread it’s all in here.

• Jagger3939
                    Jagger3939 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    100% agree.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3159 users online. 224 members and 2935 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X