Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS 10 Do you foresee notifications for the October class going out around the same time as the August class (June/July)?

Comment

• NCIS 10
      NCIS 10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Reddeq. I see October class offers starting in late August/September timeframe ideally.

• NCIS 10. Does NCIS start all personnel out at step 1 GS 7/9 (based on their COE), or for current federal employees do you guys work to align a step to their current salary? If so, is LEAP included in that calculation or is it based on straight salary?

Comment

• NCIS 10 is there a general timeframe from starting of B.I. to final call and/or notification of making it on the register? I know each situation varies, but generally, is there an expected timeframe?

Comment

• GoNavy1775 Salary is computed using both education and law enforcement (investigative) related experience. Federal employees would also need the requisite LEO experience to qualify at a higher grade. However, current 1811s are brought on at their current grade at the time of hire.

Comment

• GoNavy1775
          GoNavy1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the info! Does that pair with intelligence exp or just investigative?

• NCIS 10
          NCIS 10 commented
          Editing a comment
          GoNavy1775. It depends and I’m not a qualified pay setter. However, from what I know, intelligence analyst supporting investigations may help, but we have another team that are trained in this. Don’t take my word as the sole source on this particular matter.

• Reddeq
          Reddeq commented
          Editing a comment
          If you are offered GS-9, can you negotiate the step 1-10? Or is it take it or leave it?

• NCIS 10
          NCIS 10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Reddeq. Generally, we don’t negotiate step increases. However, our staff will qualify applicants at the highest rate possible given your education and relevant experience.

• NCIS 10 you mentioned y'all are still processing applications from January. It looks like starting with DC/ Virginia region first. After that region, can you disclose if it'll be on a by region basis or east to west, etc for the rest of those applicants?

Comment

• bondman007 We have been conducting interviews in Rhode Island, Jacksonville (Florida), Dallas, DC, Quantico since March. We have more in Dallas, San Diego, DC, and Quantico occurring between now and June.

Comment

• bondman007
            bondman007 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds good, thank you for your reply!

• How many job announcements does NCIS typically do each year? Do they usually just do only one? I've been peeking off and on for almost a year now and only seen the recent one a couple months ago which I missed. I'm sure there are no definitive dates, but is there likely to be another this year or should I expect it to be early some time in 2022?

Comment

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s been the last two January’s.

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Gotta be on it like a hawk. They'll only drop about a week notice, on their website and their Facebook page.

• For those currently an 1811, we are likely posting a lateral 1811 announcement shortly. Again, this is only for current 1811s. Just a heads up.

Comment

• I'm a January announcement (2021) applicant. All steps on my end completed and my B.I. should be kicking off soon. Hoping to get on the register and potentially get a final offer within the next couple of months or so. Process has been super efficient so far.

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              There are still many queued up in the pool from 2019 and 2020 announcements so it seems. Hoping for the best for you, but just be prepared that it could take a bit.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jagger3939 yeah I figured this was the case. I'm prepared for the long wait, but hoping for the best possible outcome.

• Mike01
              Mike01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good Luck. I applied in January 2020 and just got the BQA after finishing everything on my end.

• NYC1175
              NYC1175 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mike01 sorry to hear man. I'm mentally preparing myself for this outcome as well.

• Anyone care to share their insights on the TSCM Investigator positions with NCIS?

Comment

• Anthropologist
              Anthropologist commented
              Editing a comment
              Is this a 6(c) covered position?

• I’ve been told NCIS (I’ve read nothing official) will be combining CITP and SABT to condense the academy into one training integration. Due to NCIS’ unique mission set and dealing mostly with the UCMJ, this is a fantastic idea. Hopefully this will streamline the academy and get agents to the field faster. Ultimately, allow the agency to hire more agents and faster i.e. more classes per year or more bodies per class due to a condensed academy.

Comment

• NCIS 10
              NCIS 10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Adjustment.
              Last edited by NCIS 10; 05-07-2021, 06:54 PM.

• Hi all. I hope my participation has been useful. I’m going to take a break from the forum for a while to give you all a chance to speak freely. I worry my joining the forum has resulted in many not participating freely as the in the past. I plan to get back on in the future to address any issues or questions you may have. Until then, I wish you all the best and good luck to each of you. Monitor our website and social media for future announcements.

Comment

• Has anybody heard anything from the recent opening for current 1811s?

i’m really interested.

does anyone know exactly what they’re looking for? What grades they want.

Comment

• It appears that NCIS 10 was mistaken about his presence on this forum possibly deterring some from posting. This place is "dead" whether he is here or not.

Comment

• Not much to be discussed outside of individual timelines and experiences, the process for this agency is pretty straightforward so far (and efficient in my opinion) and the process seems to follow the same general format for each applicant. Here is my timeline for reference:

Jan 11th, 2021: Applied
                Jan 26th: Request for additional documentation
                Feb 5th: Notification of selection for interview
                Feb 26th: Panel Interview
                March 31st: Medical documents emailed
                April 2nd-5th: Contacted to schedule poly, drug test, medical
                April 7th: Drug test
                April 20th: Medical part 1
                April 26th: Poly
                April 28th: Medical part 2
                Background investigation started in May (currently in progress).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3848 users online. 261 members and 3587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X