Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS 10 as far as the process from the background investigation to hiring pool, does the investigation have to be finished up/adjudicated before your packet can go before a hiring panel? When the agent has wrapped up speaking with references, is there still a lot to do as far as BI after that or how does the process work? If you’re unable to answer I understand. Thank you.

Comment

• NCIS 10
      NCIS 10 commented
      Editing a comment
      CatDog12 The background and all phases of the hiring process have to be completed before going to the board. Upon completion, the package is sent to HQ for review to ensure there are no loose ends needing attention. Then, the package is forwarded to the Hiring Board.
      Last edited by NCIS 10; 04-09-2021, 09:00 AM.

• Is a suit required for the medical appointment?

Comment

• Saber5
      Saber5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, 3 piece.

• NYC1175
      NYC1175 commented
      Editing a comment
      DM206 thanks. The poly invite said to be business casual. Guess I'll dress the same way for the medical appointment.

• NCIS 10, I just had a BI cleared and completed (TopSecretClearence). Would NCIS use tht same background which was already completed???

Comment

• NCIS 10
      NCIS 10 commented
      Editing a comment
      NorthLions308 If the BI was with another agency, it will not be accepted. If it was to acquire a clearance, that’s a separate investigation. Our BI is to determine suitability as a LEO with NCIS.

• CatDog12
      CatDog12 commented
      Editing a comment
      NCIS 10, what is the difference between a BI and clearance investigation?

• NCIS 10 for the January announcement..is there a general timeline for offers to go out? For example I've seen in previous posts that certain announcements aim for offers by a particular month. Also, could this announcement be for slotting people in the next FY classes or are things pretty backed up still with previous CITP classes needing to backfill?

Comment

• NCIS 10
      NCIS 10 commented
      Editing a comment
      pandapanda Those who applied in the January announcement would be preparing for the interview phase of the process. Offers for the August 2021 class will likely go out in June. So, it isn’t likely those that applied in January would be completely through all phases of the process in time to get an offer for the next class. We will likely have an October and December class, which may be a possibility.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      NCIS 10 -- Is the August 2021 class still pushed to September, or is it expected to be reverted back to actual August? Does current FLETC scheduling still have students reporting in advance of their class dates for quarantine, even if vaccinated?

• NCIS 10
      NCIS 10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Jagger3939. I refer to August as the report date for the September class as it would require reporting in August with COVID protocols. However, if that changes, it would be a September report date.
      Last edited by NCIS 10; 04-14-2021, 10:41 AM.

• Good Evening,
    January 2021 applicant here, got the email to submit transcripts and other documents back in February. Haven't had any movement, radio silence. Anyone from Northern Virginia? Trying to compare timelines with other folks.

Comment

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in the exact same situation, and I’m in Northern Virginia.

• NCIS 10
      NCIS 10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Patrick_72 It’s hard to compare timelines with other areas. Those located in the DC, Maryland, Virginia AOR are being processed with a much larger number of applicants. In some cases, applicants in this area outnumber applicants in other regions of the country by 3 to 1. If selected for an interview in the Virginia area, it will likely be in late May.
      Last edited by NCIS 10; 04-15-2021, 04:27 PM.

• NCIS 10 10 Regarding the hiring pool it has been made very clear that pool is competitive. If you are an individual in the hiring pool and do not get selected for an upcoming class will your package remain in consideration for future classes?
    Last edited by sailorsavage; 04-15-2021, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• NCIS 10 Will applicants know there duty location prior to the academy?

Comment

• NCIS 10
        NCIS 10 commented
        Editing a comment
        NorthLions308. When we make an offer of employment, it will have the duty assignment/office location. So, you will know in advance of training and accepting the position.

• NCIS 10 Thank you for the reply and the insight, I greatly appreciate it,

Comment

• Anymore announcements coming out for this job?

Comment

• When you receive your Final offer To whatever duty station you were going to is that 1st move coming out of that agents pockets?

Comment

• Jagger3939
            Jagger3939 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. The first move is on you. Future moves will be covered by the agency.

• NCIS 10 any idea on when the next hiring pool will meet?

Comment

• NCIS 10
            NCIS 10 commented
            Editing a comment
            CatDog12. We are continuously running hiring boards in smaller numbers. We have one occurring as we speak. These now occur virtually and the panel has about a week to provide the results.

• Mike01
            Mike01 commented
            Editing a comment
            NCIS 10 Once an applicant passes the final board and is placed in the pool, can that applicant receive a BQA letter? Or, once an applicant is in the pool it’s smooth sailing until selected for a class? Also, as I’m sure others have said, thanks for reaching and answering these questions.

• NCIS 10
            NCIS 10 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mike01. Once you’re in the pool, you’re eligible for an offer and given the competitive nature of selections, one could be in the pool and not get an offer. At some point, we may review the hiring pool for those that have been in for an extended period of time and have to make a determination on whether or not to keep them in it. However, I’m not sure when that review will occur given we have a decent amount of classes next FY. Glad to help.

• Interviews are running now and in May-June if you are in the DC area. Just a heads up.

Comment

• NCIS 10 Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.
            When a candidate is in the hiring pool, who makes the offer? Is it someone at HR filling vacancies at various field offices, or does the field office itself make the selection?

Comment

• NCIS 10
              NCIS 10 commented
              Editing a comment
              tacsyn44. We (HQ) make the offer based on the current vacant positions, incorporating the skill sets, education and experience into the offer. For instance, if we have an applicant with counter intelligence (CI) experience, we try to align them any vacant CI positions.

• tacsyn44
              tacsyn44 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you!

• Polygraph successfully completed, B.I. starting this week, 1/2 of my medical is done with my EKG scheduled for tomorrow. This agency has been great thus far with how fast everything is moving.

Comment

• NCIS 10 I applied Back in January during the hiring drive. I got an email stating my documents had been received. Nothing else since. I know federal stuff can take a long time. Would you say I’m still possibly being looked at or would they have notified me by now if they where interested?

Comment

• NCIS 10
                NCIS 10 commented
                Editing a comment
                USMC_UNCW. We are still processing all of the applicants from the January announcement. So, it’s possible you could still be contacted to proceed in the process, but your location could drive the timing. Due to the volume of applicants and sheer work involved in responding to everyone, we only notify those selected to proceed in the hiring process. Hope this helps.

• USMC_UNCW
                USMC_UNCW commented
                Editing a comment
                @ncis10 thank you for your time. I am right down the road from Camp Lejeune. If they do interviews on base I am close. Fingers crossed. Have a good day sir.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2595 users online. 148 members and 2447 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X