Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of the locations that have been recently offered, or likely?

Comment

• Saber5
      Saber5 commented
      Editing a comment
      The desert locations of California are undesirable and hardest to fill: lemoore, 29 palms and el centro so there’s always potential to draw that short straw so to speak. The big four locations that will pull the majority of new agents are Norfolk Va, Lejeune NC, San Diego CA and Pendleton CA.

• Mike01
      Mike01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Saber5 Would an applicant get to choose multiple locations if a final offer came? Or is it one location as a take or leave it?

• Saber5
      Saber5 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s take it or leave it. NCIS is highly mobile, expect 4 or 5 duty stations over a 20 year career. At any given time 1/3 of their special agents are assigned overseas.

• I submitted my resume and supporting documents for this recent announcement (open from Jan 11-Jan 15). Any idea how long the wait can be before hearing back?

Comment

• DM206
      DM206 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't apply through an open announcement so it may be different, but I received a response almost exactly two months after submitting my application package. My interview was about 6 weeks after that, poly the day after the interview, and now still waiting on results from the background.

• Sheriff5301
      Sheriff5301 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are reviewing about 800 applications, so it may take some time. Also, only those applicants selected to move forward will be contacted.

• Posting is up. You need three years of law enforcement experience if interested.

Comment

• bondman007
      bondman007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sb2475 okay glad someone else is in my boat! I applied yesterday too. I figure they've gotten a bunch of emails since it's only the third day and are slowly getting through them

• bondman007
      bondman007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got my confirmation email!

• Sb2475
      Sb2475 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome, me too.

• big_bob_69
      big_bob_69 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the email for additional info, so I guess you don't need LE experience to get past the first part.

• 3 years? Yay. I’d be stoked to be overseas (would be ok with any)

I’m going to apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_bob_69 View Post
      Posting is up. You need three years of law enforcement experience if interested.
      This is not true at all, we’ve hired a bunch of people recently and NCIS was their first job out of college. Apply and hope for the best. There’s no rhyme or reason for who gets hired and who doesn’t. I’ve seen people with stacked resumes, who check every box, and they get bounced before even interviewing for the position. But please realize this an agency that supports the USN and USMC, so if you want to live in Nashville, this may not be the best agency for you. Educate yourself where the major bases are located and that’s where you will be stationed most likely.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        Of the 2019 applicants on this thread that are in the hiring pool, only half have LE experience. The other half are primarily intel backgrounds or private sector experience. Of the 2019 applicants who were give BQA letters over the last several months, the majority of them came from a LE background. The point to this... they like diversity. Their announcement says they want LE, and I'm sure they do. But it's by no means a clear cut requirement. Don't read too much into it.

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        My personal opinion is you can’t just place a lot of emphasis on experience or resume. A lot of people have impressive resumes or LEO/mil experience. If you want to stand out ace the panel interview, you go in there with a strong presence, dressed professionally and give strong, clear, concise answers and give a professional writing sample. My panel was with a FO SAC and a retired annuity former SAC. There thoughts and feelings about you will speak volumes to the hiring panel. The people interviewing you are the same peers of those deciding on the hiring panel. Knock that panel out of the park, just my 2 cents.

• Sheriff5301
        Sheriff5301 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just FYSA, NCIS does have smaller offices and agents assigned to places like Memphis, Raleigh, Tampa,etc. New agents won't be offered these generally speaking, but there are other offices outside of the main USN base locations just for clarity.

• Sheriff5301
        Sheriff5301 commented
        Editing a comment
        big_bob_69 Are you NCIS? You connected with their HR since you've mentioned stacked resumes and no rhyme or reason for who gets hired?

• For those who have completed processing under COVID...how long did it take between passing your polygraph and receiving a final offer?

Any updates on the FLETC class dates? Are May and August still on track?

Comment

• DM206
        DM206 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks...at my interview they were optimistic that processing would move more quickly now but between the backlog of candidates and periodic issues at FLETC, I'm not so sure. I haven't heard of anyone who applied in 2020 getting a final offer yet but we'll see.

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        No one from 2020 has been placed into the pool, so you're correct, none of them have received offers. It appears they are holding those people over until they get through the 2019 backlog. There are even a few people who applied late fall/winter of 2019 who have not been placed in the pool yet. I completely agree with Saber's thoughts.

• steelcity6
        steelcity6 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello DM206... to go off of what Saber and Jagger said. The entire process for me was finished by early-November and the hiring packet was likely ready for review when calls were made prior to Thanksgiving. I applied in summer of 2019. About a month later, I was told my packet would be reviewed very shortly. With that being said, it’s all a waiting game. I would say once my packet is reviewed and hopefully sent to the pool, that’ll place me at the assessed August class or if individuals back out of the May class. I think there’s some outstanding 2019 applicants still, but that is just my opinion. From poly to investigation, I would say at least 4 to 6 months to your packet being finished. Depending on how extensive your investigation has to be. Good luck and welcome anyone’s insight.

• Sheriff5301
        Sheriff5301 commented
        Editing a comment
        May and August are still on track unless FLETC changes their calendar due to COVID.

• For those who applied previously, did you apply the way people did for this announcement (emailing required documents directly to them)? Did they have another method of applying?

Comment

• Mike01
        Mike01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I applied by emailing them. Took about a month and they sent me some documents to fill out. Then another month for a conditional. COVID struck a week after that.

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        NCIS hires within the excepted service category. They rarely [anymore] do USAJobs posts, as they are not required to. Most of us applied by emailing the Code 10 HR email. Sometimes they leave it open for extended periods of times, sometimes they do special limited announcements (like the one that just happened).

• For anyone who applied to the most recent announcement (about a week ago), check your emails.

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Got it! Thanks Jagger3939.

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        Jagger3939, so I replied to the SA Recruitment email that sent me the documents with the completed documents and my transcript attached. I got back an automatic reply saying "NCIS is not accepting applications for Special Agent at this time. Please monitor the NCIS website at https://www.ncis.navy.mil/Careers/Special-Agents/ for future opportunities.

Please note that NCIS does not provide status updates on previously submitted applications. Only those applicants selected to move forward in the Special Agent hiring process will be contacted.

Thank you for your interest in NCIS"

Anyone else got this automatic reply?

• DM206
        DM206 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wouldn't worry about the auto reply. You should get a separate confirmation. I had the same thing happen when I submitted my additional documents, because the application period was closed at that time.

If you don't get a confirmation in a day or so, then you might want to follow up, but keep in mind they are probably processing a lot of applications right now.

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYC1175 They always set that auto-reply on whenever the application window is closed. You can ignore it. They do get your emails and generally respond.

• So if applicants haven’t heard anything by this point should they not expect an email? Or will the emails role out over the next week or so?

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        It will be ongoing. If they follow their standard pattern, you will receive an email either way asking for documents, or telling you they aren’t interested.

• Thanks Jagger3939

Comment

• Anyone know what the turnover rate at NCIS is like compared to other federal LE agencies? Is it easy or common to transition to other 1811 positions after putting in time at NCIS?

The few agents I have spoken to have all been with NCIS for many years and were very happy with their careers, if realistic about the downsides (burnout on certain types of cases, complications of overseas assignments, etc...).

Comment

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          I would agree with SDM8492. Coming from CID where most of the agents are military, a lot of the young and smart agents feel disillusioned with the organization because they thought it would be more professional and similar to work in the FBI, and therefore decide to get out and move on to places where they're valued, are better paid, and have more pride in their work. The ones that stay either don't have much longer until they can collect their military retirement, or just know they're never going to do better on the outside. But everyone (military and civilian agents) feel constantly frustrated by what we call "RLOs" or "Regular Line Officers" that try to run the organization like a normal military unit, and it just doesn't work that way.

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          All of the previous comments are true and valid. My best friend works for OSI as a civilian agent. Since their SAC’s of the offices are Military Commanders, its very challenging. OSI has a high turnover rate for civilian agents. I did want to point out — I’m sure you’re aware — but for those reading this forum that aren’t — NCIS SA’s are (almost) fully civilian staffed. All leadership positions are civilian.

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks all for the insights. Jagger...I did see that NCIS has civilian agents and leadership, and that the current director is a former agent himself. I've heard good things about him. All in all I'm pretty excited about the range of opportunities available within NCIS. I'm not interested in hopping agencies if I can avoid it.

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          An IG report stated there was 100 Agent Transfers from FY09 to FY12, so average 25 a year.

• I applied back in 2019, and received regular email updates through summer of 2020. I was given a date to either interview at a distant location (12+ hour drive) or interview at a later date (TBD) at a much closer location. I responded with confirmation I preferred the closer location (the airline industry was all but shut down at that time), but haven't heard anything back. Radio silence.

I contacted them a few times, but got no emails back. I can only assume they are incredibly busy and backed up due to all of the delays in the hiring process with COVID still being an issue. Should I just be patient? I'm trying very hard over here haha

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          When in 2019, if you don't mind me asking?

• Hey guys i’m a local detective whose going through hiring process and I have a few questions for any NCIS agents out there. What is the policy of g rides? Is there a yearly physical/. Or medical?

Comment

• May class at FLETC has been canceled due to COVID according to my sources. Just a head's up.

Comment

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ncis citp?

• Saber5 Yes, NCIS CITP is canceled for May/June.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6581 users online. 362 members and 6219 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X