Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled for the panel interview in a few weeks. Any idea how long after does the poly get scheduled? I’m sure covid + holidays in between will make it different but any input is appreciated.

jagger, thanks for the update.

Comment

• Hybridace
      Hybridace commented
      Editing a comment
      Copy that. How quickly do you get notified of pass/fail on the interview? I’ve seen quick turnarounds and some that come way after.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      *Most of the time* you leave knowing if you passed or failed.

• Saber5
      Saber5 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you get fingerprinted you passed.

• hktrip8
      hktrip8 commented
      Editing a comment
      I took mine during COVID (east coast), and knew within a few days. They scheduled my poly about 2 weeks after the interview, again like it was said before I’m on east cost so my local FO has a polygrapher assigned to it. I also have never been fingerprinted.

• Next class starts May 2021. HR confirmed.

Comment

• Any knowledge of any upcoming hiring announcements?

Comment

• NYC1175
        NYC1175 commented
        Editing a comment
        I emailed NCIS to ask about this, they didn't give me an answer. They simply said 'Please check our social media pages and career page for upcoming announcements."

• LawDog310
        LawDog310 commented
        Editing a comment
        It is likely that they may not need new applicants for a while. They put a bunch of people in the hiring pipeline before hiring/training slowed down unexpectedly thanks to COVID. The new hires attending this upcoming Jan 2021 class have been in the process since early 2019.

• (edit: moved post to the above reply thread)

Comment

• Just got a BQA email. 4 years LEO experience, bachelors in CJ and Masters in Law. There must be some really good applicants. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          @cbp1363...that doesn't really line up with what I've heard from active NCIS and other federal agents who have worked cases with NCIS. Not saying that some people may have a different experience or perspective, but just putting it out there. One supervisory agent I spoke with at a different agency put NCIS at the top of his recommended places to apply. No disparagement intended to anyone who wasn't selected, as others have stated there could be any number of reasons for that.

• cbp1363
          cbp1363 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve been an agent for 3 years, field training agent, and currently a recruiter for the agency as well. NCIS has way more than pros than cons. But ask any agent that works criminal investigations and they will tell you the same thing. What we work crim wise most local departments wouldn’t even issue a police report for. Most big time investigations other than fraud we have a small seat at the table and work for the locals and other federal agencies rather than it being a partnership. Anyone who tells you any different is lying. NCIS treats you very well as and employee and the director is awesome and trying extremely hard to change the agency for the better. A lot of our problems are congress mandated and not NCIS’ fault that we have to work certain cases. NCIS is a great gig I’m just giving insight into who were hiring and our criminal investigations as it currently stands. When you get to your firet office and see the cases you will work and have to report on every 60 days you’re I’ll understand. I just wish I knew a few things before I signed up. NCIS is a great job, but definitely not for everyone.

• Sheriff5301
          Sheriff5301 commented
          Editing a comment
          cbp1363, I've heard things similar to DM206 from agents that I know.  It is my understanding that as a newer agent, unless you have some special skills, you go into a criminal investigations position.  I was told special skills are counter intel, cyber, white collar crimes, etc.  Not sure if you had any of these going into NCIS.  Also, 2 agents I met have been overseas and swear some of the best work is there.  One even said they were interdicting drug vessels in the Indian Ocean, but they have been on longer than you.  I was also told the counter intel and counter terrorism jobs overseas are sought after.  Curious, it sounds like you are still fairly new to NCIS and have not been overseas yet.  Is that correct?  As a recruiter, what do you tell potential applicants if you've not done the jobs I mentioned above or overseas yet?

• Badger99
          Badger99 commented
          Editing a comment
          cbp1363 Understood on NCIS crim side of the house. How is it working counterintelligence at NCIS? Is it a hard gig to get? Dependent on past skills/experience (Ex: Intel experience), etc? Do all/most NCIS offices have counterintelligence units or is it more limited geographically? Thanks

• I made the hiring pool.

Comment

• hktrip8
          hktrip8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Those who made it, what kind of background do y’all have if you don’t mind sharing it. Just trying to get an idea of why I got a BQA because I doubt they would tell me.

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also was notified about hiring pool.

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          @hk PM me.

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          hktrip8 pm sent

• Hey y’all, had my panel recently. Walked out of there with “you should be getting an email for poly” and got fingerprinted right after but received a BQA email. Weird but on to the next! Good luck to everyone and thanks for the information.

Comment

• NYC1175
          NYC1175 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why do agencies do this? It's so soul crushing especially because it comes after you've invested time into the process. This keeps me on my toes with every agency so that I don't ever get my hopes up for anything until they give me that final call. Sorry to hear brother.

• IntelPro
          IntelPro commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d follow up and verify to be sure.

• Hybridace
          Hybridace commented
          Editing a comment
          NYC1175 I was more shocked than anything. Didn’t make sense that they fingerprinted after if they planned on BQA. It’s all good. It’s a great time to switch over anywhere as most agencies are hiring. Just pick up and move forward.

IntelPro, I sent them an email. Let’s see. Thanks

• Anyone from the Jan 2020 announcement have their background started yet? If so, how long after the poly did it take?

Comment

• hktrip8
          hktrip8 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was in the January 20 announcement and just got a BQA email. My background investigator started the same day I took the polygraph. He called me about an hour after the polygraph to ask questions about coming to my work the following day, I don’t think he even knew I had just finished the polygraph.

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was not part of the Jan 2020 group, but I was told recently that there is a significant backlog of applicants going through background. Delay may depend on where you're located. I was also told that they may consider factors like whether you are close to aging out.

• Hello everyone, has anyone interviewed and took the polygraph recently? I interviewed on11/30 and took the polygraph the day after, was told I passed but haven’t heard anything ever since. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• DM206
          DM206 commented
          Editing a comment
          Holiday season, COVID, backlog of candidates going through processing...hang tight. Sending PM.

• Good luck friends who reported to FLETC today! Wish you all the best.

Comment

• Mike01
          Mike01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Any word on class dates for 2021?

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          May is concrete as it was referenced in the hiring pool notifications. Depending on C19 and FLETC’s ability to mitigate this virus, traditionally there’s always been a August and December class for the most part. In a perfect world, those make the most sense if the things can stay on course.

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup what Saber said. I heard from a mutual FLETC friend that the next class scheduled after May is in-fact August, although things can always change/get adjusted.

• And do they still have the hiring board 2 months before a class, so end of Feb/ first of Mar we should be hearing something?

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t expect a hiring board until after March calls go out for May. They conducted a hiring board right before thanksgiving for all of the folks from 2019 that made the cut, most likely in anticipation of filling the May class. I think it will depend how many additional people they need once they start making calls to those in the current pool (I.e., people in the pool have taken other jobs etc). They’ve been known to call people who were waiting for a hiring board and offer jobs depending on their needs. I may be wrong... but my gut says the pool is currently full based on the last round.

• The NCIS Profile Page is now live & kicking. I am continuing to add media, optimize the content and tweak the overall design (It has come a long way from when I started).

Thanks to all of you current 1811s who are sharing this with potential applicants; they are the ones who truly find value in the site.

-SA Blog

https://www.specialagents.org/ncis

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png
        Attached Files
        Last edited by specialagentblog; 01-10-2021, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• NCIS will be hiring Special Agents Jan 11 to Jan 15.

Comment

• parkscout93
            parkscout93 commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe this time they won't ignore my application...

• big_bob_69
            big_bob_69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Open to public?

• I'm currently serving in the Air Force Reserves and I was wondering if I can still apply or even join NCIS or would that cause any issues due to being in another branch so to speak. Yes I know I can apply to AFOSI but I'm not looking into applying to them.

Comment

• No it will not. I am reservist, a lot of 1811s are reservist.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3155 users online. 149 members and 3006 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X