Comment

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!! Long time coming.

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congratulations! Did you glean any useful intel from your phonecall?

• Huck&Finn
      Huck&Finn commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats man

• how would this effect NCIS, since most cases starting off are sexual assault?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/polit...ent/index.html

Comment

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sexual harassment and sexual assault are not the same. But to answer your question, if Congress makes sexual harassment a felony under the UCMJ, it will overload the military criminal investigation organizations.

• Solid source: Jan class offers going out late Oct / early Nov.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saber5 View Post
      Solid source: Jan class offers going out late Oct / early Nov.
      I cant imagine there is many people left in the hiring pool. So There should also be a panel like now or next week to tend the offers too.

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think the pool will be sometime early-mid next month, personally. But yeah, before too long.

• Gosc1775
        Gosc1775 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure what is worse...being stuck at FLETC for the holidays, or battling the sand fleas in the spring, summer, and fall.

• So do you receive a call after a hiring board panel to tell you that you have been placed in the pool, and then a separate call once you receive an offer? I applied in the Jan posting, background was complete about three weeks ago and sent up so I’m waiting for a hiring panel. Also, several people have told me since my background was completed they received a call from an investigator, those people were listed on my EQIP, would they start that process already without being placed in the pool?

Comment

• Bonfire93
        Bonfire93 commented
        Editing a comment
        If people on your list were just called, that means they are still performing the suitability investigation. It's not done until after they contact your references. They will do a suitability review which includes looking at what your references said about you, verifying your medical, your poly, and your drug results, and then send everything up to HQ. As others stated there is usually some kind of email interaction prior to receiving a hiring call, whether it be just asking if you're still interested in the position or the pool notice.

• hktrip8
        hktrip8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that separate than the background investigation? I spoke to the investigator doing my background and he told me he completed it and sent it up. Would the others who have received calls after that been apart of the suitability investigation?

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        FWIW.. I had 2 BI's. One started it in one state, then a few months later a local BI finished it up and "send it up." The first BI told me his portion was done. My second told me it was finished. You can always email Code 10 and ask if your packet is completed or not. They are usually very communicative when prompted.
        Last edited by Jagger3939; 09-24-2020, 11:50 AM.

• Luna7
        Luna7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you live in multiple states? I had 3 investigators which meant there were 3 separate packages that had to be sent to finish my overall package. It doesn’t make sense that people are still getting calls if you package is complete

• The BI you talked to was working on your suitability investigation for NCIS. They do use your e-qip to conduct this to get your work history, your neighbors, and your references. This is NOT a security clearance BI. As Saber stated, that will completed after you are hired (you'll get an interim clearance for the academy). As others have stated, if you lived/worked in other states over the course of the last 7-10 years, they will check references in those other states as well (I've heard of a month or 2 lag between one location to another getting completed). If people are still getting called, suitability is not done.

Comment

• I emailed code 10. They said my suitability investigation is nearly complete and they will notify me as soon as my packet for hire is reviewed. They also said their hiring panel reviews packages weekly.

Comment

• Mav222
          Mav222 commented
          Editing a comment
          Weekly? They got some A grade lies. Lmao
          Last edited by Mav222; 09-24-2020, 06:56 PM.

• Anyone attending the November class that trains Brazilian Jiu Jitsu....bring your Gi...or for you no-Gi guys and gals, bring your spats. There is only one place to train off base and we can t go, so let’s make the best of the time we will undoubtedly spend together and continue to roll. For those of you who are attending the November class and do not currently train, but want to learn...please make mention. If you want you can PM me your real name and I will make sure to reach out to you when we get to FLETC.
        Last edited by Gosc1775; 09-24-2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Taco_loco
          Taco_loco commented
          Editing a comment
          You won’t be able to train anywhere on base. Gym is off limits after hours and it is 6-day a week training schedule; you won’t have time for anything else other than academics and your mock cases but good luck.

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          FY21 classes are back to 5 days a week. Not to mention you don’t need a gym to train BJJ...just a patch of earth and students eager to learn.

• Anyone else feeling like HQ forgot about the rest of the 2019 applicants that have been waiting for a hiring panel since spring? Zero updates in 7 months. Cool. Now everyone from 2020 is raring to go... has HQ just give up on us?

Comment

• RJflyer
          RJflyer commented
          Editing a comment
          I definitely felt like they forgot about me last year. I applied, interviewed and accepted an offer for another 1811 position in less time than it took NCIS to move me from the COE to the interview phase.

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          My suitability was done February 1st, it’s not looking good at this point. I think they are becoming more selective, I don’t anticipate being hired anymore.

• KetoGuido1
          KetoGuido1 commented
          Editing a comment
          First time, long time reader. The frustration is evident. From what I know from someone there at FLETC is this, the March class will be done soon. The so called May class is reporting in November (They will have laterals as well). I have been in the hiring pool since March, which put me in contention for the so called August class.

Unfortunately, it’s been crickets since COVID. I received an email in July asking if I was interested in staying in the hiring pool, as they were waiting for FLETC seats. Regarding the hiring pool, you’ll receive an email from HR aka Code 10. After that you go to another panel board. From there I’ve been left in the dark. Although, they are continuing the process don’t get discouraged, because people pre COVID are first priority especially if you’re in the pool already.

Best of luck, deff let me know if you here anything.

• As of right now, there are only 2 academy classes scheduled for this fiscal year. Many agencies are hiring right now, it’s a good time to become an 1811 due to retirements and the current sentiment about law enforcement. My advice would be apply everywhere, and if your dream agency is NCIS, lateral over. Unfortunately, being in the hiring pool is not hired, with only two classes this year and traditionally 24 bodies a class, it becomes a numbers game real quick. Just my advice. Another opinion nobody asked for is make sure you know what being a NCIS agent really entails. There are way more pros than cons with this job, but there’s a lot to be desired if you don’t know what you’re getting into.

Comment

• I don't know what you guys are talking about. Every thing is still on track. Fletc just closed for six months. February panel waiters were still waiting another 2 months until April board. So now we are 8 months behind starting from may.

If they were not planning on hiring anyone else why would they still be processing apps? Im not buying it. Were still on track fellas......going 5 mph. lol
          Last edited by Mav222; 09-24-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• Everybody (especially those of us from 2019) are understandably upset. With no communication or clear understanding of what's going on, it's frustrating. I think the next 30-45 days are going to prove interesting and may hopefully shed light on the short-term future of the FY. With that said, remember one thing... In February of 2020 (right before COVID), the US Navy submitted a budget estimate for FY21. It's public record. In that proposal, NCIS listed them having 4 CITP classes in FY20, and 4 CITP classes in FY21. As we are all aware, they only had 2 in FY20. If they only have 2 in FY21 (like rumors have speculated), they will further be set back. I'd like to think that only 7 months ago when they drafted their budget, they were aware of the need to have the amount of classes they planned to have. Furthermore, we have seen from other agency threads, that it appears due to the current virus situation, FLETC appears to not be scheduling 12 months out like they traditionally do. It looks like they are only scheduling out a few months at a time, which makes sense (so they don't have to make false promises if 'Rona 2.0 happens again). So, keep hope alive.... Code 10 most likely is waiting to see what FLETC will allow for the rest of the year, so they may very well be in the dark. But if they originally planned for 4 classes a year, I tend to think they still need to have them due to projected retirements and/or lateral transfers to different agencies. It may just be a waiting game for them, and for us, to see what big-FLETC can accommodate at this point. Not to mention, it appears from other threads that FLETC is moving towards starting to increase capacity in an attempt to start getting back to normal. So, things are moving in a positive direction so-it-seems.
            Last edited by Jagger3939; 09-25-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Mav222
              Mav222 commented
              Editing a comment
              Likely waiting for fy 21 to start

• Question: for those of us who finished the process 6 months ago or more. Are we in the pool? I’m assuming they went over and made sure there were no suitability issues, does that mean we are hirable. It seems it would be cruel to wait this long for a board to meet, and get a BQA after all this time. It just feels like something they could have done during the last 6 months since they are doing everything else hiring related.

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              You are not in the hiring pool until you are advised as such by Code10. These are times unlike any before that they are working through, and who knows what they have been able/unable to do per DOD mandate in response to Covid-19. Be patient, your time will come.

• Bonfire93
              Bonfire93 commented
              Editing a comment
              No doubt these are challenging times. But that hasn’t stopped them from actually processing applicants. The 2020 group has gotten interviews, polygraphs, and background investigations. And you’re telling me they can’t review digital files to make pool determinations? I’m saying, they’ve had plenty of time to review and BQA people if that was the plan...

• hktrip8
              hktrip8 commented
              Editing a comment
              Email code 10 and ask for a status update. I did that last week and received an answer the same day.

• [QUOTE=Bonfire93;n6945694]Question: for those of us who finished the process 6 months ago or more. Are we in the pool? I’m assuming they went over and made sure there were no suitability issues, does that mean we are hirable. It seems it would be cruel to wait this long for a board to meet, and get a BQA after all this time. It just feels like something they could have done during the last 6 months since they are doing everything else hiring related. [/
            Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 09-30-2020, 04:27 AM.

Comment

• Who here is in the pool but still waiting on a class?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6467 users online. 340 members and 6127 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X