Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok ladies and gents! First NCIS CITP class will commence on Oct 26 to start their 14 day quarantine. Class will start on Nov 17 with SABTP to follow. Names will be submitted to FLETC 30 days out, so I would anticipate hearing something mid September if selected. Unless restrictions are lifted, you will be stuck on base until the completion of SABTP on May 3.
    Last edited by Gosc1775; 08-21-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Luna7
      Luna7 commented
      Editing a comment
      This would most likely be for the May class then but good to know it’s finally being scheduled!

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info! I wonder if any of the May 2020 people that got the original call have since moved on to a different opportunity...

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      I second that question!

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      CITP should conclude somewhere around the 15th of February and SABTP should commence Mar 1. Hopefully base restrictions are lifted by then and they let everyone go home for a couple weeks.

• If NCIS has their FY21 class schedule, the next class after November (October) would theoretically be sometime in early February -- roughly 5ish months away. I wonder if NCIS may consider hiring the next class early and having them report to their duty stations early for a few months of OJT. I know up until recently they used to do that from time to time. Since they are expediting so many people from the January announcement, they may end up with a double-stacked pipeline. Would make sense for them to possibly extend FJOs to people (especially since many in the pipeline applied over a year ago) and get them located. This is just a thought -- no facts to back this reasoning up... just throwing it out there.

Comment

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the class starts November 17, and is 2 1/2 months, with a couple days closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas, that’s how I came up with February for the next ones start date

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      I see what you're saying now. Not sure if you factored this in, but during "normal" times, there were many overlapping CITP classes running. A new class would normally start every week or two, with about 8 training on campus at any one time. So the earlier class (with NCIS students) finishing may not be a factor. But the availability of SABTP for the next class, and of course the new allocation of seats among all the agencies, will definitely be determinative. Too many variables I think to make a good projection.

• Mav222
      Mav222 commented
      Editing a comment
      Law dog are you waiting on a panel?

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mav222 Nope, I'm already in the hiring pool, but didn't get the call for the May class.

• Accidental post
    Last edited by Jagger3939; 08-21-2020, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Was called originally for the May Class. Still waiting for the reschedule with this opportunity

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Likewise....

• For those who have been hired and waiting for class assignment, did you get your first choice of location? Did they tell you when your BI was finished and is the BI always finished before they send the stuff to the panel? I did my poly early this month and the polygrapher told me that I should hear something from the panel within 2 months and if I do not, then to reach out to them.

Comment

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Even in the best of hiring situations it’s rare to get your first choice unless your first choice is a highly desired location. So in this instance if your first choice is Hawaii then there’s a high likelihood you’ll get your first choice but if your first choice is East Coast it’s highly unlikely but not impossible. Yes your BI needs done before a hiring panel, if you get a notification that’s completely dependent on your investigator. As far as a reaching out to Code10, it’s my experience and observation that probably won’t reply to anyone that isn’t in the hiring pool.

• Originally posted by hktrip8 View Post
      For those who have been hired and waiting for class assignment, did you get your first choice of location? Did they tell you when your BI was finished and is the BI always finished before they send the stuff to the panel? I did my poly early this month and the polygrapher told me that I should hear something from the panel within 2 months and if I do not, then to reach out to them.
      The background, and everything was done before the hiring pool. My BI told me once everything was submitted, and turned in. I reached out once I was at that same point but they told me they could not disclose about the panel or when I could receive an offer because it wasn’t completed. But received the call about 2 weeks later. As far as duty locations, was offered a spot that was 8th on my list but was offered another location that was higher on my list. But once the covid shutdown happened they stated locations could change. So we will see in the upcoming month or so. Keep the faith and stay ready things could change at the blink of an eye.

Comment

• hktrip8
        hktrip8 commented
        Editing a comment
        How long after your poly did everything take?

• Originally posted by hktrip8 View Post
      How long after your poly did everything take?
      It took me 5 months from that point to get the call. Did the drug test a week later and medical 2 weeks after that. Started the background few weeks after that

Comment

• For those that like to smoke the hopeium, Historically panels are held 2.5-3 months in advance of a class to fill the outgoing people of the pool. If NOV 17 is class start. Then technically a panel should convene in the next 2-10 days.

Comment

• Right now, the projected SABT classes for FY 21 are in November 2020 and Feb 2021

Comment

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            I would imagine the March class should be at SABT right now because NCIS wanted to do away with sending them back to the FOs between courses is what I read in past post.

• Brightlife
            Brightlife commented
            Editing a comment
            How long do you have before the poly expires?

• Mav222
            Mav222 commented
            Editing a comment
            you just need to be in the pool, i dont think you need a class. Although i was not aware polygraphs expired.

• Brightlife
            Brightlife commented
            Editing a comment
            I wasn’t aware that they expired either. I’m in the pool so that’s good to know.

• In theory, any laterals they hired could have went to the same SABT that the March class went to. Since SABT is ran by NCIS, I would imagine they have more flexibility on capacity.

Comment

• So I sent an email to the recruitment email yesterday to see what's up.
            Dear Sir or Madam,

I applied to the January 2020 announcement of the position of Special Agent with NCIS on January 30, 2020, and on Feb 24, 2020, I received a notice from your office that my documents had been received. I have not received any further communication from your office. I am writing to inquire whether I am still being considered for this position.

I appreciate your time and consideration.

(Name)

And the reply:
            NCIS is not currently accepting applications for the position of Special Agent. Please do not ask about the status of your application as the NCIS Special Agent Recruitment team is working to process the large volume of applications received. Thank you for your interest in NCIS.

Thanks. So helpful...

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s an auto-email reply. They usually will reply to your email within a few days if they have time.

• Mike01
              Mike01 commented
              Editing a comment
              Have you gotten a conditional offer? I know covid has them backed up. They may have hiring waves within that announcement. I got an email out of the blue to interview, several months after I got the conditional. Best of luck.

• parkscout93
              parkscout93 commented
              Editing a comment
              No conditional. Nothing since “we received your documents”.

• Hey everyone! The cat is already out of the bag I got the call yesterday for the November academy! I’m hoping some of everyone else who has been waiting gets the call as well!!

Comment

• Hmmmm so prob no board until 2 months before next class prob in Jan. So another board probably in November

Comment

• Luna7
              Luna7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Depending on how many spots they have and people accept.. they may need to fill spots from the hiring board for the October class

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it’s probably too earlier to speculate about boards or a January class. The size of the November class will probably dictate a lot of what happens. In the past hiring panel notifications were more of a courtesy. I believe you could see that step skipped and right to a final offer because of the fluid activity at FLETC.

• LawDog310
              LawDog310 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the variables at the moment are way too unprecedented to make accurate predictions based on previous pre-covid data.

• Has anyone who was supposed to be in the May class heard anything yet?

Comment

• I was in the prior May academy. I received my call yesterday as well with the same location being offered. Class starts in early November! Good luck to the rest of you, it's been quite the wait...

Comment

• Taco_loco
                Taco_loco commented
                Editing a comment
                CITP or the NCIS add on in November?

• kb9977
                kb9977 commented
                Editing a comment
                CITP with SABTP to immediately follow

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4836 users online. 298 members and 4538 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X