Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I accepted an offer extended to me by Code10. Hopefully the academy begins running classes soon, as I’m anxious to get started. I’ve been in the hiring pool since April of 19, waiting on an age waiver that was recently granted.

Comment

• IntelPro
      IntelPro commented
      Editing a comment
      Already worn out, but rock on.

• Mav222
      Mav222 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did u go in as a 7 or 9

• Gosc1775
      Gosc1775 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m coming in at 9.

• Jagger3939
      Jagger3939 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! East Coast or West Coast if you're comfortable with sharing? Please definitely let us know what dates they end up giving you.

• Any one have any pros/cons to the hawaii field office?

Comment

• I’ve read the CI/CT opportunities there are like those of a overseas field office, such a large naval footprint in Hawaii with China and NK in proximity.

Comment

Last edited by Gosc1775; 07-28-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Last edited by roadto1811; 07-29-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Just got word that there will be an academy starting the end of August, and eight additional starting within the 3-weeks that follows. Also, IRS, ATF, and a few others are conducting their CITP classes exclusively with students from the corresponding agency, and that NCIS is trying to follow suit.

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm I believe NCIS always sends 24 out of 48 to CITP. This is what my BI told me, and if you search back through this thread, others have mentioned that number as well. But yeah, if classes have been cut in half, it would certainly help to send a full load. In any case, it would be great to get things finally moving quickly.

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jagger3939, I might be misinformed about the number of seats NCIS had in the CITP class. At any rate, those numbers would be cut in half unless NCIS conducts their own.

• Mav222
              Mav222 commented
              Editing a comment
              NCIS has always had 24 students per class, its in thier budget approrations. so if they are cut in half it would be 12.

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone over in the FLETC thread just confirmed they are sending regular full-size classes down, just splitting them into two groups for social distancing. So, that would mean 24 (half) or 48 (if given all the seats). Things could potentially get exciting real quick...

• Originally posted by Gosc1775 View Post
            Just got word that there will be an academy starting the end of August, and eight additional starting within the 3-weeks that follows. Also, IRS, ATF, and a few others are conducting their CITP classes exclusively with students from the corresponding agency, and that NCIS is trying to follow suit.
            I'am confused, There is a CITP class for NCIS at the end of august and 8 more classes for NCIS with in 3 weeks of the end of august? Also NCIS classes will only have NCIS students in its CITP classes?

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              The information provided above is FLETC wide and not specific to NCIS. Historically NCIS basic students were co-mingled with students from other agencies while attending CITP. Due to Covid-19, NCIS is trying to host NCIS only CITP classes, or so I was told by an instructor at FLETC.

• Does anyone have any news? I feel like the only posts recently have been thoughts and speculations... all well and good, but is there any real NCIS news? We all want to hear if the May class has been rescheduled - that would be just amazing. From reading above, there seems to be speculation of a 48 person class being pulled together. That would mean a hiring panel would be happening Nowish, if it hasn't already occurred? We are already 8 weeks away from the end of September. Hiring calls usually go out 6 to 7 weeks before the class begins (or now ROM). But the hiring pool notification usually comes a week or 2 before that.... so where does that leave us?? Do we really believe in this 48 supersized class? Do we believe NCIS is going to get the May class rescheduled into one of these new CITP slots before the new FY? Or did the miss they memo on the single agency CITP classes and now they have to wait longer...... Food for thought, but seriously, if anyone has actual news or updates on their actual hiring process, or wants to post their time line - facts is better than speculation any day.

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              Saber5 lol

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              @Bonfire93....read the historical posts made in this thread, and all your questions will be answered. If you are not satisfied, call Code10 and demand answers.

• Bonfire93
              Bonfire93 commented
              Editing a comment
              Wasn’t trying to police the forum. Just wanted to see if anyone had anything new going on. That’s all. My apologies for it coming off anything other than that.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              The only factual information I have received is to stand by for an academy date and NCIS had no idea when training would commence. That was early July and I was a prior May hire

• Just received an invite to the panel interview! Looks like things are moving, albeit ever so slowly.

Comment

• Jagger3939
              Jagger3939 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mav — me too
              Congrats tho!

• Ashli21
              Ashli21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good Luck! Did my panel interview 2 weeks ago, headed to poly on Monday and in the process of drug testing and medical eval.

• CUBroncs10
              CUBroncs10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! Good luck to everyone else going through the process. Ashli21 Was there any flexibility in scheduling the poly/is it happening at the same place as your panel interview?

There is an RU office about 2.5 hours from me but my panel is taking place at an office 12 hours from me. So the travel with COVID isn't the easiest thing.

• Ashli21
              Ashli21 commented
              Editing a comment
              CUBroncs10, I am doing my poly at the same Field Office as I did the interview. They were flexible about the poly date when I thought I might have a conflict, sounded as if they were only scheduling for a certain amount of time though so the flexibility was a little limited in how far you could push it out.

• Good luck CUBroncs10! Panel interview was unique for me, two individuals outside at a picnic table due to COVID19. Lol! Just did drug test and waiting to be scheduled for medical. Should happen today, tomorrow, or early next week.

Comment

• CUBroncs10
              CUBroncs10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the well wishes! The idea of doing this interview at a picnic table is interesting to say the least lol. Good luck through the rest of the process!

• steelcity6
              steelcity6 commented
              Editing a comment
              It was very interesting, especially in 85+ degree heat. It was a hot one! Thanks and you too. Reach out if you need anything!

• All of this activity is a great sign NCIS is reverting back to business as usual. Good luck to those working their way through the process.

Comment

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree sooner is better. But trust me...you will get tired of FLETC food rather quickly

• Mav222
              Mav222 commented
              Editing a comment
              No preference, just gimmie the job and I'll adapt. Just hope I can work out my army reserve drills if I go before April next year.

• Mav222
              Mav222 commented
              Editing a comment
              @gosc

You can go up to the fence of the post and look at each other like it's prison.lololol

• Gosc1775
              Gosc1775 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mav222 lol that’s about it!

• Thought I would post my timeline since NCIS seems to be getting back to normal. Applied in the 2020 posting and it took awhile to hear anything at all other than documents were received.

7/16: interview
            8/4: medical
            8/5: polygraph
            8/12: drug test

Background investigator has began the process of calling reference as well as colleagues.

Does anyone know what will come next? Will I be notified when the screening bird panel looks over everything or when the background checks are done?

Comment

• hktrip8
              hktrip8 commented
              Editing a comment
              The BI actually called me about 5 minutes after my poly, he wasn’t aware I had just did my poly. Contacted two coworkers the next day.

• Mav222
              Mav222 commented
              Editing a comment
              wow, your smokin. Im going on 1.2 years now.

• kb9977
              kb9977 commented
              Editing a comment
              Expect the eventual long delay. Applied Jan 2019, got final offer Feb 2020 and been waiting for a class reschedule since May.

• Hawaii8081
              Hawaii8081 commented
              Editing a comment
              Applied 4/19. Cleared for hire by panel12/19. Still waiting on a class date. It’s a long process.

• Covid make everything wacky not to mention a election year. Applied June2019 and got the Feb. 2020 for the May class. Still here waiting on the new date. Patience is key I guess.

Comment

• Things have been crazy for sure. Applied June 2019, in person BI was done first part of March 2020 and haven’t heard anything since. Hoping I land that Great Lakes office.

Comment

• Let's see if next week brings updates/news, with it being the last week of the month... FY21 is right around the corner...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4873 users online. 290 members and 4583 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X