Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the March 2020 CITP class allegedly returning June 29th... 14 days of quarantine means a July 13th start date, which means they should be done with CITP the first or second week of September (since they had already been on campus for a week or 2). I wonder if the goal is to get the May 2020 class on site in September? Obviously things will be dependent on COVID conditions and FLETC increasing student capacities... hopefully updates start surfacing soon.

Comment

• kb9977
      kb9977 commented
      Editing a comment
      The rumor is that the May class will be back in October. All hearsay of course.

• Saber5
      Saber5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like they aren’t placing anyone in the hiring pool until they figure out what’s going with the May class. I’ve emailed Code10 multiple times since Feb without a response.

• LawDog310
      LawDog310 commented
      Editing a comment
      kb9977 That sounds promising! where'd you get that info?

• kb9977
      kb9977 commented
      Editing a comment
      LawDog310 NCIS analysts going to the 1811 side in the May academy

• Any current agents or anyone that knows any... are the agents happy? What are the biggest complaints from them? Is the retention rate high? I am coming from an agency with a high turnover rate and everyone is miserable. Looking for the good, the bad, the ugly...

Comment

• Does anyone have any information on how different field offices or locations can be duty wise? I imagine being at Camp Legune can be a different experience than RU Millington, TN or Austin, TX

Comment

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Large installations with large populations of enlisted and military dependents will have largest amount of general crimes and of that “sexual harassment and assault” makes up the majority of that. I used parentheses because the Navy and Marine Corps have a very low bar for what’s considered a sexual assault compared to civilian LE. Places like Austin have a very small Navy footprint so far less general crime, for instance NSA Mechanicsburg has one agent on base and his work is white collar crimes that involve the navy. I believe you have to “pay your dues” on larger installations before you get into specialized duty. I was told during my panel for that reason you don’t see Junior Agents assigned overseas as a first tour or in a smaller field office.

• roadto1811
        roadto1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^^^^^^^^^^^

• Good Afternoon everyone. Long time reader and wanted to post my timeline. Before I do that, at what point does the background investigator call you and how extensive is the medical aspect?

Applied — August 2019
      COE — September 2019
      Interview — End of May 2020
      Background Started — June 2020
      Polygraph — July 2020

Its definitely moving along and excited to see how things proceed. In addition, based on this timeline... if I am fortunate enough to complete all the other steps of the process, I wonder what academy is possible. I’ve been looking at posts to see what the timeframe may look like. Thanks in the advance and good luck everyone!

Comment

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Medical is a routine physical and the investigator didn’t start my background until after the polygraph.

• Redskins3
        Redskins3 commented
        Editing a comment
        Investigator started my background before poly.

• LawDog310
        LawDog310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't use any past posts (or even peoples' current guesses, including mine!) about the timeframe about academy start date. Everything is all sorts of screwed up and delayed right now with COVID.

• Has anyone that applied in January had any movement? I got a "we received your documents" email on 24 Feb, and it's been crickets since then.

Comment

• CUBroncs10
        CUBroncs10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike01 same here. I received COE in Jan/Feb, now checking my email every day. Hope you're right about the next few weeks.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that makes me a little worried. I did get my package in the day before the day the announcement closed early, and COVID has been screwing things up, but it seems like reviewing resumes and sending COEs could be work done from home. I wonder if I should send an email inquiring...

• CUBroncs10
        CUBroncs10 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had sent in my info to prior to the end of 2019 so I was a little earlier than the announcement. There’s no telling what is
        going on in HQ with regards to COVID. The good news is you got your stuff in the system and there, you’re not just waiting for another vacancy announcement.

• Mike01
        Mike01 commented
        Editing a comment
        parkscout93 I would be willing to bet the powers at be send COEs out in waves to the first X amount of qualified applicants. As those applicants dwindle down more COEs get sent. Best of luck to ya.

• I posted just now in the FLETC thread... the town hall today indicated that all classes that were pre-scheduled (not classes that got booted from Glynco) are getting reset and seats reallocated based on the priority needs of FLETC agencies. I wonder if this means NCIS has the potential to send more students down sooner, or if it could mean less students down later... I could be wrong on my interpretation, but it seemed that's what the Assist. Dir. indicated.

Anyone who had a May heads up have any updated news?

Comment

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        I just watched it, I think this is going to depend on if they consider NCIS a priority. Would be nice if they have more citp classes tho which is what it sounds like.

• If they finally do another hiring panel that will be telling. Apparently they are processing the January opening applicants so there’s still a demand to have ready applicants.

Comment

• Mike01
        Mike01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any info on when interviews will be for those who already received a COE from the January announcement?

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        No I’m not part of that group, merely stating an observation. If you’re January you’re last in line so you should be very patient, it’s going to be awhile, there’s probably atleast two classes ahead of you if I had to speculate.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some of us from January don't even have a COE.

• LawDog310
        LawDog310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Here's data to help with your calculations: I applied in February 2019. In February 2020, I was selected in the last hiring panel for either the May or August academy. I didn't get the phonecall for May, so there are probably a whole class's worth (24) of us out there who are already in the pool and were supposed to go to the original August 2020 class.

• So if they are still going to proceed with all of the basic classes then there should still be two classes before October that start. Does that sound right?

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would imagine there will be one class, the original May, that will happen in September or October. The original September class though I can’t imagine would happen until Dec/Jan unless they decide to double up the next class. Just speculation

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        well that doesn't make sense then if all the original classes are going to be honored, if you push classes out that far your impacting new classes for FY21. It seemed to me that they still were going to push all the classes for FY20 thru still.

This was not a very clear townhall.

• LawDog310
        LawDog310 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mav222 Are you taking into account that there are many more CITP classes than just the ones NCIS has seats in? They normally run ~40 classes a year, 8 classes running at any given time, with one starting every week or every two weeks.

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I did not know that, so are you saying we should see even more classes for NCIS?

• Mav222 No, I'm suggesting it's probably the opposite. There are a lot of "other" CITP classes that need to get through in between the ones that NCIS originally had seats in. But of course that all could be wrong as the townhall said they are reallocating seats to agencies depending on need.

Comment

• Has anyone been contacted for a vacancy in California?

Comment

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, did you get a email from Code10?

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did, nothing with dates though.

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Had you already been notified you past the board previously -- or is this the first contact you have had since your packet was completed and sent up?

• Gosc1775
          Gosc1775 commented
          Editing a comment
          Ive been in the hiring pool since April 26, 2019. I have been waiting on an age waiver since then.

Last edited by Gosc1775; 09-23-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          cbp1363 may know

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was told during my interview panel that 29 Palms was considered an undesirable location and that after 36 months there you could apply for reassignment and would be given some preference because of that.

• roadto1811
          roadto1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by roadto1811; 07-10-2020, 04:08 PM.

• Just completed poly this week so things are becoming very real I hope. This may be a dumb question but trying to do my research. Are agents expected to live on base? Military housing? Any help on living conditions would be appreciated... thanks!!

Comment

• Mav222
          Mav222 commented
          Editing a comment
          are over seas tdy? can you bring your fam? single?

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          There’s a max length, but I can’t remember what I read back on this thread. It’s like 18 or 24 months. Yes, you can bring your family.

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe unaccompanied overseas tour is 24 months, accompanied overseas tour is 36 months or atleast that’s what the agents did when I was active duty. Overseas I believe you get a housing stipend OHA Overseas Housing Allowance which pays the exact amount of your rent no more no less. At the GS13 level you have ability to make a ton of money overseas especially if your spouse finds employment on base.

• steelcity6
          steelcity6 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats Redskins3. Did they schedule your medical/drug after? Take the poly this week, hopefully it doesn’t take all of the 4 hr window. Maybe the face I have the required clearance will expedite it, if not.. no worries. Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Saber5; 07-06-2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Saber5; 07-06-2020, 10:47 PM.

• Bentley32
          Bentley32 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Bentley32; 07-10-2020, 08:12 PM.

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Saber5; 07-06-2020, 10:46 PM.

• Bentley32
          Bentley32 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Bentley32; 07-10-2020, 08:11 PM.

Last edited by roadto1811; 07-10-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Anyone here received a final offer since everything shut down?

Comment

• Mav222
            Mav222 commented
            Editing a comment
            No, no hiring board either

• Gosc1775
            Gosc1775 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hopefully soon. I heard a few people at HQ caught the virus, so they are having to work from home which has slowed things down for sure.

• LawDog310
            LawDog310 commented
            Editing a comment
            [Previous comment edited]

Yes and no.... 3 people posted on this thread in the first half of March that they got "the call" for the May academy. I have no idea if the entire May class was given offers at that time. Then FLETC shut down on 20 March. I haven't heard of anyone getting "the call" since, but Code 10 has e-mailed a few times since to say there are no class rescheduling updates as of yet.
            Last edited by LawDog310; 07-09-2020, 03:13 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5797 users online. 341 members and 5456 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X