Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from the Jan 2020 announcement hear anything beside the “we got your documents” email?

Comment

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I have not.

• Ashli21
      Ashli21 commented
      Editing a comment
      2/21 Received forms to fill out
      4/27 COE received and they indicated the next phase would be the interview

• ..........’
    Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 05-11-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know when NCIS will be hiring again? Looking to throw my application in the ring. Apologies if this was mentioned on previous pages, but there are way too many to sift through.

Comment

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Facebook will have a notification for Code10 when they are taking resumes. Probably atleast a 18 month wait from the time you apply to FLETC.

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        There are a round of applicants from the Jan 2020 announcement that have yet to be processed....let alone the people from the previous Code10 email round prior to that. I would imagine a hiring announcement is a long ways away.

• Taco_loco
        Taco_loco commented
        Editing a comment
        Check tonight around 8 or 9 pm or tomorrow morning!

• Thanks for the information. Sounds like a pretty good gig if you can get a spot. I've read conflicting things about TDY over-seas rotations being mandatory vs optional-do either of you know anything about how that works? Also, a little unsure about how often office reassignment occurs..

Comment

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Read this forum, all of those answers are basically in here.

• roadto1811
        roadto1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty much optional but highly encouraged. You probably won't get a good spot down the line if you don't take an overseas tour.

• CUBroncs10
        CUBroncs10 commented
        Editing a comment
        roadto1811 is the overseas tour limited to an agent afloat role on board a carrier or does it also cover assignments in an overseas office? I know NCIS has a pretty substantial presence in Europe and Asia.

• roadto1811
        roadto1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        CUBroncs10 absolutely not. Anywhere there is a Navy/USMC base, there are NCIS billets. Plus, anywhere a Navy ship could pull into, there is an NCIS billet. Worldwide opportunities are pretty endless, not many 1811 agencies that have the global presence we do internationally.

• Any insight on when the group that was offered a spot for the May 10th class will report to FLETC? or at least a field office?

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        Apparently all future classes were cancelled to limit students attending FLETC. Inside rumor at NCIS is that the May academy has the potential to attend in October but anything is on the table at this point. Stand by to stand by.

• NCIS is taking 1811 laterals from May 18 - 22.

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        As in there will be a job opening?

• AP552
        AP552 commented
        Editing a comment
        what does that mean for us non 1811's?

• bobbyknightkrz
        bobbyknightkrz commented
        Editing a comment
        -------------
        Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 07-06-2020, 04:25 AM.

• parkscout93
        parkscout93 commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is this is a way to fill some immediate needs without waiting to send an applicant to the academy. Anyone applicant that was already an 1811 has passed FLETC CITP or an equivalent, so they can have these people start working at an office and do on-the-job training, and send them to SABTP later when FLETC opens up more.

• My BI said he heard Code 10 is planning on going back to business as usual within a month.

Comment

• Mike01
        Mike01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Any movement on this? I Haven’t heard anything since the beginning of March.

• Originally posted by Saber5 View Post
      NCIS is taking 1811 laterals from May 18 - 22.
      NCIS Facebook Post from May 11th --

NCIS will be accepting lateral 1811 applications May 18-22, 2020, for vacancies in our Hawaii, Marine West and Southwest Field Office locations. Interested applicants should review eligibility and application requirements, NCIS Drug Policy, and our hiring process found in our Careers section prior to applying: https://www.ncis.navy.mil/Careers/Special-Agents/

Send all required documents to [email protected] NLT 11:59 p.m. on May 22.

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        What is the typical class size for SABTP?

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Twenty four.

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        I could see them potentially sending the 24 laterals to SABT simultaneously as the 24 "May" trainees begin CITP. Maybe..

• LawDog310
        LawDog310 commented
        Editing a comment
        FLETC is reducing new classes (i.e. CITP) to 24 students per class max, so that's half of the normal CITP class. Since NCIS previously had 50% of the seats reserved in the 4 CITP classes they utilize yearly, that *probably* means their seat allocation will be halved to 12 per. Which would mean the 24 selectees for "May" are being split into two CITP classes.

Last edited by Wojo8; 05-21-2020, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Sports21
        Sports21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wojo8 would the March NCIS class that was already supposed to graduate make the cut to be brought back in the first 900? How many of the 8 CITP’s that we’re there would come back the first day it reopens?

• DoD88
        DoD88 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just to help clarify, FLETC Glynco sent approximately 1,900 students home at the time of shutdown not including the other locations.

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        There’s a lot speculation here and not much else.

• Wojo8
        Wojo8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Wojo8; 05-21-2020, 01:20 PM.

• Email received today saying agency is still awaiting guidance from FLETC on when training will resume and if it will be in phases, smaller classes etc. It also mentioned that once training catches back up, prior duty locations could change depending on the needs of the agency, which makes sense given how drastic the time table has changed.
      (I was in May academy)

Comment

• I'm sure many of you are following the other threads and already saw this, but just in case you didn't... https://www.fletc.gov/press-release/...-site-training

Comment

• Does anyone know if the CITP class with NCIS students in them (March?) has been reconstituted at FLETC yet? Or at least put on the schedule?

Comment

• LawDog310
            LawDog310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Taco_loco looks like your class/the June 15 CITP classes got pushed back 2 weeks?

• Sports21
            Sports21 commented
            Editing a comment
            LawDog310 was that from a press release or just rumor?

• LawDog310
            LawDog310 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sports21 It was posted in a different agency thread. But now I just realized he's the same person that posted it in that thread.
            Last edited by LawDog310; 06-09-2020, 05:08 PM.

• Taco_loco
            Taco_loco commented
            Editing a comment
            LawDog310 yes, we got the notice a couple days ago. The 29th is the new tentative date.

• So since there isn't much information to be shared.... with everything in the world going on, how's everyone on here genuinely doing?

Comment

• Jagger3939 Doing as well as anyone else I suppose. I’m not a LEO so I’m not directly impacted by everything else. I’m a nurse and my hospital has greatly reduced our hours in my area so I’ve had too much free time. How have you been?

Comment

• Historically the next panel window would be now until end of first week of July, but.....well you know, COVID, Riots, yellowstone.....2020 doing earth a real solid.......sigh

Comment

• Mike01
                Mike01 commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you know what hiring announcement date this hiring panel would/would’ve been for? I know there are many factors to it, but I’m trying to get an approximate timeline.

• Jagger3939
                Jagger3939 commented
                Editing a comment
                Best educated guess, it will be for people who applied to Code10 specifically via email thru mid/late 2019, prior to them turning off the Code10 email for a period of time. I don't believe we have seen anyone processed yet past a COE who has applied to the most recent USAJobs announcements or emailed in 2020, though I could be mistaken.
                Last edited by Jagger3939; 06-16-2020, 08:31 PM.

• Mav222
                Mav222 commented
                Editing a comment
                Jagger is right on, I applied summer 19.

If your still on pre COE, you would have a school date for early 2022.
                Last edited by Mav222; 06-17-2020, 01:10 AM.

• parkscout93
                parkscout93 commented
                Editing a comment
                Gotta love the federal government.

“Oh, you’re getting out of the military in less than a year? Well the hiring process takes 2 years, but we can’t let you apply until you only have 120 days left, just in case we sort through our 10,000 applicants in 6 months.”

smh

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4884 users online. 375 members and 4509 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X