Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My packet is at HQ have not received a call on my offer being rescinded.

Comment

• Originally posted by NCSHP833 View Post
      My packet is at HQ have not received a call on my offer being rescinded.
      they wont rescind coe for NCIS. you get that like the first month of the process.

Comment

• Saber5
        Saber5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Too many rumors being spread.

• NCSHP833
        NCSHP833 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mavs222 thanks for the info.... Where do you work at?

• Fremont PD in California is hiring. 10K sign on bonus and $8,000+ a month during the academy. 4 days on / 4 days off. I don't know if I can wait another year to be picked up with NCIS.

Comment

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you want to get paid, the bay area is definitely the way to go. However, all bay area academies are released until further notice, mine included. It's my understanding that the hiring process is still ongoing for various departments, future academy dates will get pushed out when those on hold return.

• IntelPro
        IntelPro commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. I’ll definitely go through the process and see what happens.

• Originally posted by IntelPro View Post
      Fremont PD in California is hiring. 10K sign on bonus and $8,000+ a month during the academy. 4 days on / 4 days off. I don't know if I can wait another year to be picked up with NCIS.
      I just hope that you have more than one job application going.

Comment

• IntelPro
        IntelPro commented
        Editing a comment
        Just sharing good information, take it or leave it. All other apps are on hold with the exception of 1 USIC agency.

• Hey all, back again. Got through IRS special agent exam (KaSE) and am on to the interview. Were hearing that it may be in May for interview followed by background (high risk public trust, SF-85P), medical, tax appointment audit, and fingerprinting. As far as i am aware, IRS does not have any students in any classes rn, nor did they have any scheduled. Can someone please clarify this feltc news? As I understand it, the rumor is that no CITP classes until 2021? What was the schedule for the rest of the year for CITP?

Comment

• As of now, all field training for new agents graduating the academy is postponed until FY 2021. Honestly, I would prepare for there to be no new classes until then.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense. FY2021 starts October 1, 2020, so it leaves the door open for the suspended March class to resume sometime this fall.

• LawDog310
          LawDog310 commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks for this- where did you get your information?

• roadto1811
          roadto1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by roadto1811; 04-06-2020, 01:29 PM.

• Greetings! Out of curiosity, do any of u guys/gals know how often you’ll be forced to move and work overseas?

Comment

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          When I was talking with an NCIS agent I was working with about 2 months ago, he said you'll move for a new assignment about every 3 years. As far as moving overseas specifically, I don't know anything about that.

• roadto1811
          roadto1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Days of moving every 3 years are over, at least if you want it to. You can if you want, though. I'd say you can stay at a location for about 8 years if you play it right depending on location, and you can stay indefinitely at less desirable locations.

Overseas, it's good for the career to take at least one overseas tour. Some people make it until retirement not taking one, but who wouldn't? Great experience and great money on top of that.

• alphawhiskey06
          alphawhiskey06 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh I’m with ya! Thanks for the input guys. Trying to get my wife some answers

• Does anyone know what paygrade NCIS typically offers for an applicant with a Masters and some law enforcement experience?

Comment

• bobbyknightkrz
          bobbyknightkrz commented
          Editing a comment
          Everyone comes in at GL-09.

• Mav222
          Mav222 commented
          Editing a comment
          since when? My COE said GL-7

• Redskins3
          Redskins3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mav222 mine was also gl-9.

• CUBroncs10
          CUBroncs10 commented
          Editing a comment
          My COE says GL-7, no masters.

• Originally posted by roadto1811 View Post
        Days of moving every 3 years are over, at least if you want it to. You can if you want, though. I'd say you can stay at a location for about 8 years if you play it right depending on location, and you can stay indefinitely at less desirable locations.

Overseas, it's good for the career to take at least one overseas tour. Some people make it until retirement not taking one, but who wouldn't? Great experience and great money on top of that.
        That's what I was told also 1811....

Comment

• Originally posted by mav222 View Post
          since when? My coe said gl-7
          my coe is a gl-9

Comment

• Originally posted by NCSHP833 View Post

my coe is a gl-9
            do all of you have masters?

Comment

• RJflyer
              RJflyer commented
              Editing a comment
              I was offered -9 without a masters. I only have a bachelors, but have prior intel community and local LE experience.

• NCSHP833
              NCSHP833 commented
              Editing a comment
              BS in Criminal Justice and experience

• Redskins3
              Redskins3 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mav222 Just BS in criminal justice here. 10 years of local le and 2 years on federal task force.

• Guys/Gals,

Just wanted to mention, I've been in this process for 17 months. As much as I want to join NCIS, I wonder what that says about the internal workings of the agency. I'm nearing the end of the hiring process with another org and it looks like that is where I will end up. All gov jobs take long, but NCIS seems to take unacceptably long.

Full disclosure-- there was a government shutdown and now the Covid-19 Crisis.
            Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 04-17-2020, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• I personally know guys that were in the HSI pipeline for over 3 years, guys that were in the DEA pipeline for over 2 years, etc. I could go on and on. It baffles me that people think 17 months is a long time. You are not going to get on the spot, jiffy, efficient service at the fed, regardless of the agency. I have been an 1811 for awhile and was told over a decade ago “apply and live your life like you didn’t.”

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cowboy View Post
                I personally know guys that were in the HSI pipeline for over 3 years, guys that were in the DEA pipeline for over 2 years, etc. I could go on and on. It baffles me that people think 17 months is a long time. You are not going to get on the spot, jiffy, efficient service at the fed, regardless of the agency. I have been an 1811 for awhile and was told over a decade ago “apply and live your life like you didn’t.”
                Fair point, but there are other agencies that move pretty fast (for fed standards), including HSI.

Comment

• roadto1811
                  roadto1811 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  To be fair, NCIS was considered to be blazing fast the last few years until all this happened. Some people have gotten hired in 4 months from application.

• That’s nice. Keep in mind that’s the exception to the norm. That’s based on 1811 hiring over the past 15 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4326 users online. 272 members and 4054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X