Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all, has anyone heard back from the Jan-Feb 2020 recruitment posting? My application was submitted before the cutoff was changed to late Jan but haven't heard anything from recruitment. I figure the current health pandemic is halting most recruitment processes.

Also, I'm new to this forum so be gentle...

Comment

• parkscout93
      parkscout93 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a “we received your documents” email, but that’s it.

• CUBroncs10
      CUBroncs10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Similar situation. I applied directly via a contact in the agency in August 2019. They said they'd contact me if they needed anything additionally.

November 2019. I received an email requesting I fill out some forms and a questionnaire.
      January 2020. I received a Conditional Offer. That letter said that NCIS would initiate the panel interview in the future.

That is my most recent update.

• Prime_Yoda
      Prime_Yoda commented
      Editing a comment
      That is great info, thanks for the speedy response. I received the same "we received your documents" email.

• If they delay everything, it's probably going to be late this year or next year before anyone hears anything.

Comment

• FYI. Just heard future FLETC classes are officially being postponed.

Comment

• Hawaii8081
        Hawaii8081 commented
        Editing a comment
        Family member is an HSI agent. They got an email from HQ today. Current class is staying there for now, but who knows how long that will event last.

• Johnny4x4
        Johnny4x4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I heard from my supervisor he called and FLETC said they're still running current and scheduled courses and that they are just screening and monitoring students.

• Hawaii8081
        Hawaii8081 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe it’s only HSI and other LE agencies are continuing business as usual, but their FLETC classes are postponed as of now.

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        technically agents are mission critical personnel. So maybe exempt

• Originally posted by Hawaii8081 View Post
      Maybe it’s only HSI and other LE agencies are continuing business as usual, but their FLETC classes are postponed as of now.
      Heard from a friend that is at FLETC for the US Marshals that they are not accepting new classes as well, but the ones who are there continue to train

Comment

• Jagger3939
        Jagger3939 commented
        Editing a comment
        But HR/Code 10 has not notified you of a change of status after contacting you and offering you a class date?

• It's been mentioned above by someone else but: What other agencies are doing regarding FLETC classes isn't necessarily reflective of what NCIS will do, so it's important we don't create confusion. Each agency decides separately what their personnel will or won't do in these challenging circumstances.

The only true dealbreakers are if DOD/Navy/NCIS decide to withhold their students from classes, or if FLETC itself as a facility decides to postpone classes. No affirmative indications of that just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jagger3939 View Post
        But HR/Code 10 has not notified you of a change of status after contacting you and offering you a class date?
        No I have not heard anything from HR. Just informational

Comment

• Well it's now actually official, the entire FLETC is shutting down and sending home all students as of today. The announcement didn't specify when they would re-open.

"In the best interests of our staff, students, and contractors, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) ceased all on-Center training operations effective upon the conclusion of training Friday, March 20, 2020. This applies to all FLETC training delivery points. FLETC is working with its Participating Organizations to safely move students off-Center as quickly as possible. No FLETC students or staff members are suspected to have or have tested positive for COVID-19. FLETC is working with its Participating Organizations to resume training when appropriate."

Comment

• kb9977
            kb9977 commented
            Editing a comment
            We'll see what happens between now and May...

• Originally posted by LawDog310 View Post
          Well it's now actually official, the entire FLETC is shutting down and sending home all students as of today. The announcement didn't specify when they would re-open.

"In the best interests of our staff, students, and contractors, the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC) ceased all on-Center training operations effective upon the conclusion of training Friday, March 20, 2020. This applies to all FLETC training delivery points. FLETC is working with its Participating Organizations to safely move students off-Center as quickly as possible. No FLETC students or staff members are suspected to have or have tested positive for COVID-19. FLETC is working with its Participating Organizations to resume training when appropriate."
          Well so much for that March class. We're gonna be behind at least 6 months on top of the normal wait. So probably going to be 18 months until until non hiring pool people get a class start

Comment

• Damn. Knew it was going to happen.

Comment

• Like many things, this will eventually pass. Those in the hiring pool, those with packages at HQ awaiting a hiring panel and even those lucky enough to squeeze their resumes in this January are in advantageous position. It may not fit the timeline you made for yourself but Agents will still retire, the mission goes on, there will be a need for more agents. Patience is key, just be happy to have your family, your health and employment in these difficult times.

Comment

• The word from a friend who is an instructor at FLETC is that possible classes will resume in 2021. They are planning on no more classes this year, as even if this clears up in a few months, it will take some time to get that place up and running to support the various academies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gosc1775 View Post
                  The word from a friend who is an instructor at FLETC is that possible classes will resume in 2021. They are planning on no more classes this year, as even if this clears up in a few months, it will take some time to get that place up and running to support the various academies.
                  Gosc1775

By that you are saying no new classes for ANY agency, not just NCIS? So the entire FLETC operation will cease to function until 2021 for new basic classes?

Comment

• Gosc1775
                    Gosc1775 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That what it sounds like from those currently employed there.

• Received a email from HR.
                  FLETC classes for May and all after have been cancelled for the "forseeable future." When FLETC comes back online, those who were attending training already will have priority, followed by those of us who were in the pipeline for May. No specific dates/expectations were given.

Stay healthy everyone.

Comment

• Jagger3939
                    Jagger3939 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wonder where the 24 NCIS students who were 2 weeks into training were sent, since they were on payroll? Many of them most likely didn't have apartments anymore to go back to..

• kb9977
                    kb9977 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good question...

• Not to pile on, but civilian law enforcement entities are on the bottom of the totem pole in relation to DoD priorities. NCIS does have many vacancies, so positions will be available. It’s good to learn early MCIO’s are essential/ necessary, but take a back seat in the DoD.

Comment

• Heard that other agencies began to rescind their offers because of this whole thing. Something about budget shifting/national emergency

Comment

• MTB517
                      MTB517 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Do you know what other agencies? They’re rescinding tentative offers? Or actual final job offers?

• aspiring_1811
                      aspiring_1811 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are you talking final offer or conditional offer? I have like 5+ COE's out there right now and haven't heard anything similar to that from any of them.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4827 users online. 299 members and 4528 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X