Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long after medical do you enter the pool? I believe my BI has been done for a couple weeks now so medical is the last step for me. My first appt is tomorrow and second is next week. Just trying to gauge if I have a chance at this May class or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_1811 View Post
      How long after medical do you enter the pool? I believe my BI has been done for a couple weeks now so medical is the last step for me. My first appt is tomorrow and second is next week. Just trying to gauge if I have a chance at this May class or not.
      Your background is not done until medical is done, they submit the whole packet together to HQ.

So that makes me think your at soonest going to be evaluated in May for a hiring panel (as far as I can tell they happen every 2.5 months) then be told the next up coming classes. Whitch would be August and prob another one since 4 are budgeted this year. Unless they put out more hiring panels notices next week in whitch case, I have no idea what I'm talking about and my guesses are wrong.

Comment

• cbp1363
        cbp1363 commented
        Editing a comment
        Fletc requires the names of the students for citp months in advance. The calls are going out approximately 2 to 3 months before the start date. You eod at fletc now, take care of admin requirements, and then start citp a week later.

• kb9977
        kb9977 commented
        Editing a comment
        The recent hiring pool email specifically stated the following:
        2 more classes in the current FY.
        A May class with offers going out in late March.
        An "anticipated" August class with offers out in late June.

• Mav222
        Mav222 commented
        Editing a comment
        Originally posted by Fed_Watching View Post
        Well everyone....I was told I was in the hiring pool and after talking to HR I was told that I would be placed in the August FLETC class. I didnt make it in time for the May one. The official calls for that one will go out in July, with FLETC dates in August. As luck will have it, I ended up getting the 1811 call from HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) last Friday, after being in that process two years and I am taking that instead. I start in 1.5 weeks, back to FLETC again on the 16th lol. Overall I think it's a better gig. Take home car your entire career, automatic promotion to 13 non compete, and much much larger investigative authorities. Not knocking NCIS though, have several friends in already and everyone I've ever dealt with were outstanding and professional agents. Also, HSI is a competitive service agency, which means you can lateral when lateral announcements come out for GS-12 and GS-13 on USAJOBS if you don't like it (cant imagine why you wouldn't though). Be aware that NCIS is an exempted service agency, which means if you don't like it after a few years, you can not do that and you would have to take a pay cut and come in at entry level at whatever 1811 agency you try to jump ship to as a 7/9. With that being said though, take any 1811 offer that comes. I initially took an offer for USSS, then HSI called the next week, so I withdrew from USSS. They are also bringing me in at at the GL-9 level instead of the GL-7 probably because my current LEO experience and I'm a current Fed so I'm coming in as a no-break in service, which means I would get my 13 in 3 years instead of 4. Also going to the west coast now. Good luck to everyone in the NCIS pipeline, my spot is now yours. If anyone has any questions about the process or anything let me know. See you guy's on the 1811 side!

***Updating this since posting, I was just called and given a formal job offer with location today for NCIS. Apparently calls will go out as soon as you clear the hiring panel now. Given June onboarding, with an August FLETC date. It appears they are not waiting until right before the FLETC date anymore. Obviously as stated above, I'm rolling with HSI and declined, but it still surprised me as I wasn't expecting a formal call until July and gives others insight into processing***
        that was posted may 5th 2018

then

Originally posted by Gosc1775 View Post
        Just got my letter from NCIS HQ. My packet was found favorable and am now in the hiring pool. I just turned 38 in February, but have military. That being said, they advised that they would have to send an age waiver to the Pentagon, which I doubt would be disapproved.
        that was late april 25th 2019

going off of sample size 2 from last year. there appears there is a hiring panel around may. At least from 2018 and 2019 data. Since classes start pretty much the same time year after year. it is a good chance there will be another panel for august.
        Last edited by Mav222; 02-27-2020, 12:23 PM.

• aspiring_1811
        aspiring_1811 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just thinking out loud here but wouldn't they have a hiring panel right before they issue offers? I'd assume that makes the most sense. That way they've evaluated all of the eligible candidates and decide who goes based on desired backgrounds considering NCIS is direct hire.

Last edited by kb9977; 03-04-2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• BI sent my packet up to HQ Feb 2020. Do any of y'all think ill hear something for a class this year?

Comment

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Which FO did you process out of?

• NCSHP833
          NCSHP833 commented
          Editing a comment
          Applied out of Jacksonville, NC. I did all my other stuff in Norfolk, VA.

• Originally posted by NCSHP833 View Post
        BI sent my packet up to HQ Feb 2020. Do any of y'all think ill hear something for a class this year?
        my guess is hiring panel end of april/early may for notice of august academy and whatever is after that one.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with Mav.

• NCSHP833
          NCSHP833 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the response...

• My friend got the call today, May 10th academy.

Comment

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Any idea on when he applied/got approved into the pool?

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Norfolk, just got the hiring pool notice a couple weeks ago, has been finished since the summer.

• NCSHP833
          NCSHP833 commented
          Editing a comment
          Saber5 when did he apply?

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure sometime around beginning of 2019.

• Just got the call for San Diego

Comment

• Brightlife
          Brightlife commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!!

• Saber5
          Saber5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied in May and my package was sent to HQ in February. Congrats though, you blazed through this process.

• aspiring_1811
          aspiring_1811 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dam I applied in June too! My poly got pushed back like 6 weeks because of scheduling issues so I probably missed the cutoff.

• LawDog310
          LawDog310 commented
          Editing a comment
          I applied in Feb 2019. I'm in the newest hiring pool wave, but no call yet.

• Thank you everyone. Keep the faith. It’s coming soon

Comment

• NCSHP833
          NCSHP833 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats man

• Received my call today. Headed to San Diego as well. Good luck to the rest!

Comment

• IntelPro
          IntelPro commented
          Editing a comment
          are you local to Cali?

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, from/in the Bay Area

• Jagger3939
          Jagger3939 commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you remember what order you had San Diego on your preference list you submitted?

• kb9977
          kb9977 commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately no. Top 5 probably.

• Just curious if anyone in here recently received a call for the NW (Seattle) Office or know of anybody that has? Thanks!

Comment

• Did any of y'all call or email them to check the status of your progress.?

Comment

• Jagger3939
            Jagger3939 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did about 3 weeks ago, no response. I also checked with them back in October and received an update the next day.

• Saber5
            Saber5 commented
            Editing a comment
            That May academy isn’t looking too hot right now unless they get this thing under control.

• kb9977
            kb9977 commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't jinx it

• San Diego was my 8th choice

Comment

• Hot off the presses from the DOD, specifically relevant to us in the hiring pool. What will actually happen going forward, I doubt anyone knows yet.

www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2112213/statement-by-the-department-of-defense-on-domestic-travel-restrictions/

"Today, the Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved new travel restrictions for service members, DoD civilians, and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities and surrounding areas within the United States and its territories. This restriction will halt all domestic travel, including Permanent Change of Station, and Temporary Duty. This restriction will also pause civilian hiring at DoD installations and components for persons who do not reside within the hiring entity's local commuting area...........This new guidance is effective March 16 and continues through May 11."

Comment

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m still in the Navy Reserves, I’m in Unit Leadership and all annual training was canceled.

• IntelPro
              IntelPro commented
              Editing a comment
              https://www.fletc.gov/fletc-monitori...virus-covid-19

• Mav222
              Mav222 commented
              Editing a comment
              All year? No AT?

• Saber5
              Saber5 commented
              Editing a comment
              All of my guys orders were disapproved last night, I was told I can’t resubmit until SecDef readdresses the situation. Problem is funding AT past June is a nightmare.

• It will be next year by the time I get my call now.
            Last edited by NCSHP833; 03-14-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LawDog310 View Post
              Hot off the presses from the DOD, specifically relevant to us in the hiring pool. What will actually happen going forward, I doubt anyone knows yet.

www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2112213/statement-by-the-department-of-defense-on-domestic-travel-restrictions/

"Today, the Deputy Secretary of Defense David L. Norquist approved new travel restrictions for service members, DoD civilians, and their families assigned to DoD installations, facilities and surrounding areas within the United States and its territories. This restriction will halt all domestic travel, including Permanent Change of Station, and Temporary Duty. This restriction will also pause civilian hiring at DoD installations and components for persons who do not reside within the hiring entity's local commuting area...........This new guidance is effective March 16 and continues through May 11."
              technically FLETC falls under DHS. I wonder how this will impact NCIS.

Comment

• Saber5
                Saber5 commented
                Editing a comment
                People can’t even go to basic training for mil services, creating new 1811s is the least of their problem as far as a national security concern.

• Mav222
                Mav222 commented
                Editing a comment
                Q22. Is there a freeze on civilian hiring in the affected locations?
                A22. Yes, there is a freeze on hiring actions that involve PCS to Level 2 and Level 3
                designated locations. For Level 3 locations, all hiring actions are subject to stop movement
                for the next 60 days. For Level 2 locations, hiring actions for essential civilian positions that
                require PCS may continue as planned. Similarly, DoD Components may continue local
                hiring. In the United States, only candidates within the local commuting area may onboard
                because of DoD’s restriction on official domestic travel that lasts through May 11. As stated
                in the travel restriction guidance, exceptions may be granted for compelling cases where the
                travel is: (1) determined to be mission essential; (2) necessary for humanitarian reasons; or
                (3) warranted due to extreme hardship

• kb9977
                kb9977 commented
                Editing a comment
                I reached out to HR, May academy is still a go as of now. They have YET to be directed otherwise. Keyword: YET

• Brightlife
                Brightlife commented
                Editing a comment
                What is considered level 1 and 2 designated locations?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7534 users online. 412 members and 7122 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X